SURVEY: What are your plans for the long term?

Scott

SURVEY: What are your plans for the long term?  

443 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Looking at the way things are going in North America and Canada in particular I do not think I would  be any better off than I am here either health wise or financially.

My only benefit would be getting the Moderna/Pfizer shot quickly in the USA. But currently too expensive, along with the hassle of travel and return here to the family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billsmart said:

I chose "remain," but I don't think it's going to get really bad.

IMO, Thailand's handled this crises pretty well so far, and I already have my first vaccine shot (AZ). My province (Phetchabun) has been only lightly affected, and mostly then by people coming up here from Bangkok. The people here wear masks and obey all the rules in the big cities. Out in the rural areas where I live it's a little more loose, but there again, they have not been affected much at all.

I'm 75, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm here for the rest of my life.

lovely country people in Petchabun,,,

Beam me up Scotty... 

• Like 1

Short term more of the same. It seems the world is in state of continued upheaval that shows no signs of slowing down. 

I  keep a folder on potential countries, places to live. The long term G holds a Schengen area passport besides her Thai one. It would give an easier route if we did relocate there. Still she does not like the cold winters.  She feels the same about winters in the US too. I have fond memories of my city, but nostalgia for a past long gone & too expensive. Still an off chance we might build, family land on an island in the sound, if we had to. Meanwhile .... looks like all the horseradish in town has been bought out again, *%^# !  

• Like 1

Left back in 2012 for professional growth reasons. Never looked back and don't regret it at all. In fact, I was surprised by how little I miss the place. Family moved back to Thailand in 2018 although now planning to move them to the UK in a couple of years because of uni etc.

See no long term future for the children in Thailand. They'll be so much better off in the UK re jobs and opportunities etc. 

Thailand is a backwater in the grand scheme. 

Nice enough to visit though, and to those that are retired and don't have to work I can see the benefits.

But ultimately the Thai people are just frogs in a coconut shell, as the saying goes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is the grass like in Italy ?

I have heard that its a lovely shade of green 

It is impossible to explain if you don't love Italian cuisine and dishes and of course good wine and above all good living.

I forgot no racism against expatriates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Thankyou for your comment and one of the main reasons I also departed Thailand, after almost 20 years, across the border to "hassle free" Cambodia where I have been happily living (without any ties) in Siem Reap for 1.5 years. As a former volunteer with the Thai Tourist Police, I could see the way practices were becoming very much pro military and anti true democracy - medieval in fact!!

Same as me!  I was a Thai Tourist Police volunteer in Bamgkok (1 year), Pattaya (1 year) and Phuket (8 years)

I always used to joke (sadly, it was probably true), that my role as a TPV was to protect foreign tourists from the Thai police!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1