Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

Agree Chomper. But what civilized measures would then have stopped the sick & dying unvaxxed from overwhelming our hospitals. Unless they were all confined ( walled off) in restricted unvaxxed living areas ( maybe red covid unvaxxed spots already like Manchester, Bradford and Leeds) with their own ( limited) hospitals to take their chances without dragging down the rest of us, largely non covid sick / injured needing hospital.

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So another words you have nothing except insults. About right for many here.

I just feel that is a person suffers through covid, recovers and then is forced to vaxx to save his job. Well that's wrong. He doesn't need it.

The Delta variant has changed the game. Antibody immunity from infection is not as persistent as from vaccination. If someone got Covid (and survived), after even a single jab their immunity is increased to levels far surpassing two jabs. So a recovered person has a definite interest in getting a jab anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My entire family had it in Jan 2020 ............ we all survived and for 3 out of 4 it was no worse than the flu.

My misses aged 40 had it worse sweating for 10 days, my step-daughter age 22 had no symptoms at all.

No hospitals or medicine required.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As the CDC freely admits the vaccines neither prevent catching or transmitting the disease, I fail to see how the unvaccinated can be considered a danger to anyone but themselves.

Would point to the news post claiming 12 vaccinated staff at a Hua Hin restaurant all had COVID.

So, my friend's sister and her family all got Covid. All were jabbed with Sinovac except her husband. He was the one who died.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, placnx said:

The Delta variant has changed the game. Antibody immunity from infection is not as persistent as from vaccination. If someone got Covid (and survived), after even a single jab their immunity is increased to levels far surpassing two jabs. So a recovered person has a definite interest in getting a jab anyway.

I don’t know if this is true, but it sounds good.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Polio was a savage killer of children back in the day.

Uhuh...yeah... but you know that covid isn't the savage killer of children that Polio was, right?

See the difference?

Polio: savage killer of children

COVID: barely affects them

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Your sense of risk is out of whack.

About  1 in 1800 die from the virus.

About 1 in a million die after vaccination.

Yeah, that's why I got my vaccines. I ain't anti-vaxx. I was japped in the first 10% of the country free.

Let's alter those figures for kids. See if you can convince me to make my kid a test subject this year. The risk to reward profile is a lot worse for the kid.

And we don't have much data on it because giving these vaccines to children is such a new development. It takes time to collect data.

I'd be interested to see how the vaccines go with children. Fingers crossed they handle them well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57766717

images (51).jpeg

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Your sense of risk is out of whack.

About  1 in 1800 die from the virus.

About 1 in a million die after vaccination.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/11/oxfordastrazeneca-vaccine-rare-blood-clot-syndrome-has-high-mortality-rate

But regarding your figures there. My risk of dying of covid for my age is 0.2% and the odds of developing that blood clotting syndrome from Astra Zenenca (in under 50s) is 1 in 50,000, according to a recent article from The Guardian.

And those who are unfortunate enough to develop that clotting syndrome have a 20% mortality rate because it is difficult to stop.

Also, we can't usually choose the vaccine we get. I bit the bullet with Astra Zenenca anyway; got both doses.

But I wonder what the risk profile is for kids?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, 2009 said:

But regarding your figures there. My risk of dying of covid for my age is 0.2% and the odds of developing that blood clotting syndrome from Astra Zenenca (in under 50s) is 1 in 50,000, according to a recent article from The Guardian.

I'm calling that out as a lie. Quote the article. Your fatality rates seem to be from the Wuhan variant and not the dominant delta variant.

Unvaccinated face 11 times risk of death from delta variant, CDC data show

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2282

https://www.science.org.au/curious/people-medicine/astrazeneca-vaccine-risk-death-1-million-what-does-mean

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, johng said:

If you avoid infection then you won't get ill,   but if you do get infected then perhaps it will be your own body's immune system that saves you ?

At the end of the day, yes, it is our own immune system that saves us.  Some people get vastly luckier than others and a lot of it has to do with luck.  Our immune system will fight any foreign invading substance, but to do it well, it needs to know exactly what it is fighting.  The vaccine allows the immune system to identify this particular virus and kill or stop it from replicating.  

There are a host of reasons why some people's immune system kills the virus and other's don't, but a lot of it has to do with luck.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2009 said:

Uhuh...yeah... but you know that covid isn't the savage killer of children that Polio was, right?

See the difference?

Polio: savage killer of children

COVID: barely affects them

But Covid has killed millions of adults, in case you have forgotten. 

You seem to have a lack of empathy.  You should try imagining if a close loved one had died from Covid, and then reading posts from morons claiming that Covid is no big deal. 

• Like 2