Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:48 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

So let's take a look at these numbers.

They come from the UK where adult 'full vaccination' is at 80% of the population. 

If the vaccines are having zero impact then the record of people suffering COVID will show no difference between vaccinated and un-vaccinated; for each data set you have posted the ratio vaccinated/unvaccinated will be 80/20.

Let's give it a try.

Delta cases - vaccinated with 2nd dose =  157,400

Delta cases - unvaccinated = 257,357

Total = 414,757

Vaccinated: 80% of 412,757 = 331,806 which is 174,406 more than actual. 

Unvaccinated: 20% of 414,757 = 82,951 which is 174,406 less than actual.

Vaccinations have reduced infections by 174,406.  A Stunning success for vaccination.

-------

Emergency care visits vaccinated = 6,265 (3.98%)

Emergency care visits unvaccinated = 11,678 (4.53%)

Total 17,943

Vaccinated: 80% of 17,943 = 14,354 which is 8,089 more than actual. 

Unvaccinated: 20% of 17,943 = 3,589 which is 8,089 less than actual.

Vaccinations have reduced emergency care visits by 8,089.  A Stunning success for vaccination.

------------

Vaccinations have reduced infections by 174,406.  A Stunning success for vaccination.

overnight/admission vaccinated = 2,361  (1.5%)

overnight/admission unvaccinated = 3,080 (1.2%)

Total 5,441

Vaccinated: 80% of 5,441 = 4,353 which is 1,992 more than actual. 

Unvaccinated: 20% of 5,441 = 1088 which is 1,992 less than actual.

Vaccinations have reduced hospital admissions by 1,992.  A Stunning success for vaccination.

----------

Deaths vaccinated= 1,613 (1%)

Deaths unvaccinated = 722 (0.3%) 

Total 2,335

Vaccinated: 80% of 2,335 = 1,868 which is 255 more than actual. 

Unvaccinated: 20% of 2,335 = 467 which is 255 less than actual.

Vaccinations have reduced hospital admissions by 467.  A Stunning success for vaccination.

-----------

I think it a good idea when reading these numbers to reflect on the fact that each individual datapoint represents a person, perhaps a parent, a child a spouse a partner a sibling. 

The vaccines have had a demonstrably dramatic positive impact on reducing illness, suffering and deaths, and that's putting aside the impact on reduced demand on health services and the associated costs therein.

Thanks for posting data so supportive of the case for vaccination.

Thank you for explaining it this way. However those numbers are cumulative from 1st of February when full vaccination was probably much lower than 80%. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, niccodemi said:

Thank you for explaining it this way. However those numbers are cumulative from 1st of February when full vaccination was probably much lower than 80%. 

So wouldn't that mean that the vaccines are even more effective?

Fewer vaccines so the positive effects are even more dramatic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

There was not a resistance to the flu vaccine because it wasn't made political. This has very little to do with mRNA, except that it was made political. Just like masks. Just like lockdowns. Sad.

You don't know why many or some people resist vaccinations. Some do so because for political or personal, or religous, or other reasons.  Every person I know that resists does so because of the nature of the vaccines.  They all have many vaccinations for many diseases already, even optional ones such as Hep A and Hep B, get flu vaccines regularly, etc.  Far from a world-wide census though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't see much discussion about those unvaxx folks who contact Covid and recover. I saw a video where a scientist from Phizer says the person who has had covid is as resistant to covid as a vaxx person is. When asked Why he doesn't tell the American people this he ran away and talks about a "Non disclosure" Shouldn't those people be allowed to bypass the vaxx?

We really don't have a good handle on immunity from Covid infection.  An early study done in Israel showed it was stronger, but since then further studies show it's much weaker.  

Our immune system will mount a defense to any invader, but it may not always produce a specific antigen for that substance.  Usually, it does but not always.  A vaccine will always target the specific infectious agent.  

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't see much discussion about those unvaxx folks who contact Covid and recover. I saw a video where a scientist from Phizer says the person who has had covid is as resistant to covid as a vaxx person is. When asked Why he doesn't tell the American people this he ran away and talks about a "Non disclosure" Shouldn't those people be allowed to bypass the vaxx?

I guess you don't read much, except what your internet friends send you. 

There has been much discussion about natural immunity. Google is your friend. 

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If i can manage to avoid infection, it will be the vaccine that saved me. 

If you avoid infection then you won't get ill,   but if you do get infected then perhaps it will be your own body's immune system that saves you ?

1 minute ago, johng said:

If you avoid infection then you won't get ill,   but if you do get infected then perhaps it will be your own body's immune system that saves you ?

There is thing called “science” that you seem unfamiliar with.

Science tells us how the vaccine is more effective than the body’s immune system in fighting off infection. There are some 4,000,000 people whose immune system failed them against the virus.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/26/2021 at 11:37 PM, The Cipher said:

Doubt it. In today's world we lock down the fittest so that the least fit can survive a little longer.

Exactly,

As Elon Musk said: the at risk people should have been the only ones to isolate.

The world is now considering vaccinating 5-11 years olds, for who?

Haven't all the high risk people been vaccinated already? Doesn't that do a reasonably good job of preventing serious illness and death from a covid infection?

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Science tells us how the vaccine is more effective than the body’s immune system in fighting off infection.

Perhaps it is you who are unaware of the science ?    vaccines do not fight infections,they simply give the immune system a "heads up" or warning as to what an infection might look like  so that when the "real"  infection arrives  the immune system is ready and prepared for the fight.

13 minutes ago, johng said:

Perhaps it is you who are unaware of the science ?    vaccines do not fight infections,they simply give the immune system a "heads up" or warning as to what an infection might look like  so that when the "real"  infection arrives  the immune system is ready and prepared for the fight.

Semantics. 

Without vaccination, the immune system is less capable of warding off something bad happening. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Semantics. 

Without vaccination, the immune system is less capable of warding off something bad happening. 

Not semantics at all !!   it goes to the very heart of the matter  which is  that the immune system itself  not a vaccine  fights the infection.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They’ve gotta ‘bypass’ the virus first.

Doh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1