Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

On 9/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Did you read the article before posting?

Vaccinated individuals who suffer breakthrough infections can carry as high a viral load as non vaccinated.

1. Breakthrough infections are the small number of of vaccinated people who get sick with COVID - already significantly less than unvaccinated people.

2. ‘Can carry as high a viral load’ is not ‘do always carry the same viral load’.

3. ‘Viral load’ is not transmission of infection.

4 The evidence is consistently mounting, vaccinations are drastically reducing the spread of this wretched disease:

You are right of course; I was simply pointing out that unfortunately vaccinated are still being able to spread disease. This finding was one of the reasons that made CDC reverse their guidance on wearing masks indoors few months ago.

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, placeholder said:

And hospital ICU's aren't being overwhelmed because of the refusal of so many not to vaccinate? Care isn't being rationed because of them? What is so difficult to understand that the overwhelming majority those with life-threatening symptoms or deaths from Covid are among the unvaccinated?

UK technical briefing 23 (1 February 2021 to 12 September 2021)

Vaccinated (>14 days post 2nd dose)  Unvaccinated   

Delta Cases   157,400    257,357

Emergency care visits      6,265 (3.98%)   11,678 (4.53%)    

/w overnight inpatient admission    2,361  (1.5%)  3,080 (1.2%)      

Deaths (within 28 days)    1,613 (1%)     722 (0.3%)                                            

Overwhelming, really?

Edited by niccodemi
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, niccodemi said:

Overwhelming, really?

These data are meaningless without more detail.

Please provide a breakdown of vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Emergency care visits vaccinated =?

Emergency care visits unvaccinated =?

overnight/admission vaccinated =?

overnight/admission unvaccinated =?

Deaths vaccinated=?

Deaths unvaccinated =?

Be clear so I can be clear in my response.

But before you do respond, read this from the source you are relying on:

“2 doses of the vaccine remain highly effective, with 60 to 85% effectiveness
against infection, 90 to 99% effectiveness against hospitalisation, 90 to 95% against mortality and 65 to 99% against symptomatic disease”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018547/Technical_Briefing_23_21_09_16.pdf

Edited by Chomper Higgot

4 hours ago, niccodemi said:

Overwhelming, really?

One thing isn't noted in these statistics is the average age of each group. Also, those who were not senior citizens but judged to be more vulnerable.The UK's senior citizens and ohters more vulnerable were vaccinated first. So not only are they inherently more vulnerable, but the vaccines' effectiveness gets lower over time. 

Most COVID deaths in England now are in the vaccinated – here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you

"The risk of dying from COVID doubles roughly every seven years older a patient is. The 35-year difference between a 35-year-old and a 70-year-old means the risk of death between the two patients has doubled five times – equivalently it has increased by a factor of 32. An unvaccinated 70-year-old might be 32 times more likely to die of COVID than an unvaccinated 35-year-old. This dramatic variation of the risk profile with age means that even excellent vaccines don’t reduce the risk of death for older people to below the risk for some younger demographics."

https://theconversation.com/most-covid-deaths-in-england-now-are-in-the-vaccinated-heres-why-that-shouldnt-alarm-you-163671

Fact Check-England’s COVID-19 death statistics do not suggest vaccines aren’t working

“It is important to understand the whole context to avoid misunderstanding data,” said Dr Shamaila Anwar, science communicator at Team Halo (teamhalo.org/).

Speaking to Reuters, she noted the importance of accounting for the demographics of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, especially as Britain’s inoculation programme has prioritised those who are older or clinically vulnerable.

Anwar added that data currently shows the number of infections is “much less” in the vaccinated population, which indicates that “vaccination is working”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact-check-covid-england/fact-check-englands-covid-19-death-statistics-do-not-suggest-vaccines-arent-working-idUSL2N2OJ1ET

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 3:36 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Impossible to equate covid booster and the flu jab. I can go about everyday life without the flu jab but not so with covid.

Impossible to equate the flu with covid. I can go about everyday life with the flu, but not so with covid.

Ya just don't get it, do you?

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:36 PM, cdemundo said:

What about the friend of your brother-in-law's dentist? How is he doing?

Ok so to be more specific, a close friend as well his wife and kid, and they are still hospitalized, guess that is funny or something. But I guess in your case classical cognitive dissonance.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Ok so to be more specific, a close friend as well his wife and kid, and they are still hospitalized, guess that is funny or something. But I guess in your case classical cognitive dissonance.

No your friend's experience is sad and unfortunate.

It is an anecdote that because of its personal proximity to you no doubt carries weight as an argument against the vax for you.

Presenting it as an argument or proof is not effective.

I have five siblings, we have among us 13 children, twenty grandchildren, and some great-grand children. ( I lost count).

All who are eligible by age have been vaccinated.

None have had serious reactions to the vaccine and none have had COVID.

Have I convinced you now?

No, of course not, because most personal experience is too narrow to carry weight.

Some people, for instance a doctor in a COVID ward who sees dozens of patient's a day might have significant personal experience, but most of us do not.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

These data are meaningless without more detail.

Please provide a breakdown of vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Emergency care visits vaccinated =?

Emergency care visits unvaccinated =?

overnight/admission vaccinated =?

overnight/admission unvaccinated =?

Deaths vaccinated=?

Deaths unvaccinated =?

Be clear so I can be clear in my response.

But before you do respond, read this from the source you are relying on:

“2 doses of the vaccine remain highly effective, with 60 to 85% effectiveness
against infection, 90 to 99% effectiveness against hospitalisation, 90 to 95% against mortality and 65 to 99% against symptomatic disease”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018547/Technical_Briefing_23_21_09_16.pdf

Delta cases - vaccinated with 2nd dose =  157,400

Delta cases - unvaccinated = 257,357

Emergency care visits vaccinated = 6,265 (3.98%)

Emergency care visits unvaccinated = 11,678 (4.53%)

overnight/admission vaccinated = 2,361  (1.5%)

overnight/admission unvaccinated = 3,080 (1.2%)

Deaths vaccinated= 1,613 (1%)

Deaths unvaccinated = 722 (0.3%) 

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You have said the husband was vaccinated, were the wife and child vaccinated?

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

One thing isn't noted in these statistics is the average age of each group. Also, those who were not senior citizens but judged to be more vulnerable.The UK's senior citizens and ohters more vulnerable were vaccinated first. So not only are they inherently more vulnerable, but the vaccines' effectiveness gets lower over time. 

Most COVID deaths in England now are in the vaccinated – here’s why that shouldn’t alarm you

"The risk of dying from COVID doubles roughly every seven years older a patient is. The 35-year difference between a 35-year-old and a 70-year-old means the risk of death between the two patients has doubled five times – equivalently it has increased by a factor of 32. An unvaccinated 70-year-old might be 32 times more likely to die of COVID than an unvaccinated 35-year-old. This dramatic variation of the risk profile with age means that even excellent vaccines don’t reduce the risk of death for older people to below the risk for some younger demographics."

https://theconversation.com/most-covid-deaths-in-england-now-are-in-the-vaccinated-heres-why-that-shouldnt-alarm-you-163671

Fact Check-England’s COVID-19 death statistics do not suggest vaccines aren’t working

“It is important to understand the whole context to avoid misunderstanding data,” said Dr Shamaila Anwar, science communicator at Team Halo (teamhalo.org/).

Speaking to Reuters, she noted the importance of accounting for the demographics of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, especially as Britain’s inoculation programme has prioritised those who are older or clinically vulnerable.

Anwar added that data currently shows the number of infections is “much less” in the vaccinated population, which indicates that “vaccination is working”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact-check-covid-england/fact-check-englands-covid-19-death-statistics-do-not-suggest-vaccines-arent-working-idUSL2N2OJ1ET

Agreed, average age of each group is not noted. However there is data for two age groups, below and above 50 years old individuals.

I was replying to following quote

What is so difficult to understand that the overwhelming majority those with life-threatening symptoms or deaths from Covid are among the unvaccinated?

This statement is simply incorrect (based on numbers from Technical briefing and your fact-check report).

On 9/30/2021 at 4:04 PM, BritManToo said:

It would be interesting to relate this to the 12 fully vaccinated but infected staff at the Hua Hin restaurant.

Small number ........ I wonder how many staff there were, and what percentage were infected.

Let's hope 'small number' is not equal to everyone.

My friend's sister and her children were vaccinated with Sinovac, but her husband wasn't. He went to the eye doctor and caught Covid. After discharge from hospital, his Covid resurged. He went on ventilator and died, and the whole family got Covid in spite of having been vaccinated. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, niccodemi said:

I was replying to following quote

This statement is simply incorrect (based on numbers from Technical briefing and your fact-check report).

Again it depends on where you look. 

From the UK data you have provided, the raw number count is 3,974 people who have been fully vaccinated being hospitalised and/or dying of COVID v 3,802 unvaccinated people hospitalised or dying of COVID. 

So if you look at the UK and ignore the ratio of vaccinated v unvaccinated in the population then you are correct.

But you and I both know that's a nonsense argument (as demonstrated in the data you have provided and crunched for you in my immediately previous post - vaccines are preventing infections, emergency call outs, hospitalisations and deaths. 

When we look further afield the evidence mounts in favour of the statement. 

The US CDC states the unvaccinated are 5 times more likely to become infected, more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalised and more than ten times more likely to die from COVID.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e1.htm

So yes, go ahead an score a point on the semantics of a statement, but you are not going to dodge the truth in the data. 

Vaccines are significantly preventing infections, significantly preventing hospitalisation and significant; preventing deaths. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, niccodemi said:

And the vaccinated individuals are not spreading the "foul" disease to others?

Hint

It helps to read to the end. From your linked report.

In the report, the measure researchers used to assess how much virus an infected person is carrying does not indicate whether they are actually transmitting the virus to other people, said Dr. Angela Rasmussen, a virologist at the University of Saskatchewan.

• Like 2

COVID-19 patients 'begging' for vaccines before being put on life support, Melbourne nurses say

Michelle Spence, the ICU nurse unit manager at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, was visibly emotional as she detailed otherwise fit and healthy people deteriorating after contracting COVID-19.

"One of the saddest things I've seen over the last few weeks is people wanting the vaccination just before we put them on a life support machine," she said.

"That is the absolute truth. I've seen it myself. They're begging for the vaccination.

"They're very young. And once we get to that, we're about to put them on life support, it is really too late."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-03/covid-patients-begging-for-vaccines-victorian-nurse-says/100510672

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Dr. Nirav Shah answers questions about the vaccine

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-nirav-shah-answers-questions-223200744.html

Nutters. Plain and simple.

From that article.

Second, our personal choices have public consequences. The first three words of the Declaration of Independence — "We the people" — acknowledge that our democratic republic is a shared enterprise. As individuals in a society, we exercise our liberties within guardrails established to ensure a functioning society. Our choices affect others.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

terrible US single family covid deaths story above….. with so many covid deaths in one family the cause seems obvious……..obesity / diabetic pandemic in UK and USA is certainly taking its toll with the highest worldwide pro- rata covid deaths ….. 

The state of Alabama for the first time in decades had negative population growth. Who would have guessed? Nutters.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, niccodemi said:

Overwhelming, really?

As has been pointed out repeatedly, and apparently to no avail, the elderly are far ore likely to succumb to covid than younger cohorts as are the immunocompromized. For every ten years the risk of dying from covid doubles. The fact that the vaccin

On 10/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, niccodemi said:

Yes, my statement was incorrect because at this point an overwhelming majority of aduts have been vaccinated.  But the more important figure is how how much more of a risk is run by those who are not vaccinated. And apparently it is to no avail that the evidence I cited from UK sources that coorected for age, the risk for contracting serious illness and the risk for dyinig is far greater for the unvaccinated is far greater than that for the vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Nutters. Plain and simple.

From that article.

Second, our personal choices have public consequences. The first three words of the Declaration of Independence — "We the people" — acknowledge that our democratic republic is a shared enterprise. As individuals in a society, we exercise our liberties within guardrails established to ensure a functioning society. Our choices affect others.

Yes, the answers to the question "Why are you against the vaccine?" are simply recycling the same debunked answers seen before.

But past the Q&A with anti-vaxxers is some very good information about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines.

• Like 1