Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So another words you have nothing except insults. About right for many here.

I just feel that is a person suffers through covid, recovers and then is forced to vaxx to save his job. Well that's wrong. He doesn't need it.

Natural immunity provides some defense against re-infection, but not for long, and not much against a different variant. Lots of people infected by the original Covid were subsequently infected by Delta. 

So, I am sorry, but you are spreading misinformation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Except that, without vaccination, the immune system is fairly defenseless against Delta infection. 

I don't intend to wade into this topic, but every once in awhile I need to call out some faulty reasoning.

If the quoted statement were correct, the implication would have to be that either (i) Delta variant fatality rates among unvaccinated people would be well north of 50% or (ii) Delta is largely benign. Ie, that it struggles to kill people whose immune systems are largely ineffective against it.

Therefore, based on actual data, we can deduce that the quoted statement must be false.

That being said, vaccines clearly do offer a meaningful improvement in protection against Covid. I still think people should get vaccinated when possible.

Edited by The Cipher
Clarified a sentence.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Except that, without vaccination, the immune system is fairly defenseless against Delta infection. 

Is that why so many people are without symptoms and don't die..or have the statistics changed now ?

last I looked more than 80% are asymptomatic and less than 1% die.

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or not.

If its not your own body's immune system that will save you what will ?    and don't say the vaccine because that is incorrect...the vaccine as I said before and you  yourself mention above  just gives the body's immune system a "heads up"

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Is that why so many people are without symptoms and don't die..or have the statistics changed now ?

last I looked more than 80% are asymptomatic and less than 1% die.

If its not your own body's immune system that will save you what will ?    and don't say the vaccine because that is incorrect...the vaccine as I said before and you  yourself mention above  just gives the body's immune system a "heads up"

Infection is not the same as death. 

The unvaccinated have little defense against Covid infection. Do you disagree? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Any infection that takes hold and causes damage to health demonstrates a fairly defenseless immune response to the virus. You need to add to the deaths, serious illnesses, hospitalizations and ‘long COVID’ illnesses.

The evidence is that without vaccination our immune systems are fairly defenseless to the virus.

Dude, in order for your statement to be correct the default expectation for any unvaccinated person catching the Delta variant would have to be, by definition, the development a serious illness at a minimum.

You can straight up prove that premise wrong by looking at the data. Based on observed outcomes the expected outcome for pretty much anyone catching Delta is that their immune system will defeat the virus. This isn't a debate; literally all of this is plainly visible in the data.

That being said, I will reiterate that the data also indicate that vaccination is highly effective at supplementing an immune system's response against the virus and that it is a good idea for people to get vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Musk, that world renowned epidemiologist, has been known to run his mouth on stuff he doesn’t understand, especially when it has anything to do with that complex set of things we call people..

He understands logic pretty well and basic numbers, obviously.

His view is pretty rational.

Edited by 2009
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Infection is not the same as death. 

The unvaccinated have little defense against Covid infection. Do you disagree? 

You have not answered my question as to what fights an infection or virus in the body

...but I will answer your question

the unvaccinated are at a disadvantage because their immune system  has not been warned in advance  so it is possible that the virus gets the upper hand in the fight in some people...however in most people 80% or more the immune system wins and they only suffer  no  to moderate symptoms  unfortunately a small % of others develop bad symptoms and die.

So yes  "infection is not the same as death"  as the body's immune system does what it has evolved to do.      You can catch Covid and not die,   Do you disagree ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, johng said:

You have not answered my question as to what fights an infection or virus in the body

...but I will answer your question

the unvaccinated are at a disadvantage because their immune system  has not been warned in advance  so it is possible that the virus gets the upper hand in the fight in some people...however in most people 80% or more the immune system wins and they only suffer  no  to moderate symptoms  unfortunately a small % of others develop bad symptoms and die.

So yes  "infection is not the same as death"  as the body's immune system does what it has evolved to do.      You can catch Covid and not die,   Do you disagree ?

Of course it’s possible to catch COVID and not die, but far too often it is not.

Far too often COVID causes serious illness, hospitalization and death.

But there is a cheap, safe and effective means to dramatically reduce these outcomes - vaccination.

Putting aside the human tragedy of COVID killing people and the long term health impacts COVID causes in many, the economic impact of medical treatment and lives cut short are in themselves cause for serious concern.

But hey, a few people show no symptoms and some more people don’t get seriously ill.

So let’s forget those that do get seriously ill or die, it’s only unnecessary after all.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

55 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Figures you'd fall for that misinformation. Please. Avoid social media. And dodgy websites.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-health-coronavirus-idUSL2N2N72CS

A former Pfizer scientist turned anti-vax proponent has made unfounded claims about the novel coronavirus in videos of a speech he gave that have been posted on social media.

I have no idea what you're talking about, not sure who did the short video of him talking about the immune system after a person has had covid, perhaps without the scientist knowing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1