Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You have revealed your motivation here which is to dissuade people from getting the vaccine.

Pretty sure he meant what he wrote is a reason people are not getting the jab ... not that him writing it and people reading it will stop people getting the jab.

I was taking the mickey with:

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Stop writing it then.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

Just now, Salerno said:

Pretty sure he meant what he wrote is a reason people are not getting the jab ... not that him writing it and people reading it will stop people getting the jab.

I think it's both. Why else do we keep seeing this rubbish repeated time and again when they should know better. There is clearly an agenda behind it otherwise they wouldn't do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Wow, I know it's hard for you to admit the vaccine doesn't stop the spread of covid. So, when I say a truth why do the pro-vaxxers get all bent out of shape.

Not hard to admit at all. You are spinning things just like they do on the fake news right wing media outlets. Almost verbatim.

And this is proven by the links you post.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

And some people on the other side of the equation (far far less IMO) feel the need to over inflate the danger. This isn't an extinction event although sometimes when reading some posts you'd think it was.

Over inflate? Some 10MM people have died in less than 2 years. Millions more have been hospitalized. The world was shutdown. I'd say it's dangerous.

And the virus isn't done with us yet. Probably won't be in our lifetime.

• Thanks 1

Please be aware that any attempt to use fear-mongering, scare tactics or false or misleading information will face a suspension.  The Thai government Emergency Decree is quite clear on the matter and Aseannow's specific rule is in accord with that Decree:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON ASEAN NOW AMID COVID-19 

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the ASEAN NOW forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the follow:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Sir anyone here who is not 100%  1000%  one million %  pro vax  credibility is in tatters with you and some of the other usual suspects on this thread....

Even If Dr fauci himself come out tomorrow and said Covid was a hoax, you would then call him a conspiracy theorist....

Not true. We're just against those who spread misinformation. Zip credibility.

Bizarre thing to say about Fauci. Weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I take it reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. What I said was a vaccinated person can spread covid. Is that a lie? yes or no will do.

And if a financial advisor tells someone to invest all their money in the lottery because they can win millions, is that a lie? Does it matter that, technically speaking, it's true?

• Like 2

One of the objections put forward by anti-vaxcers, and some who themselves have been vaccinated but engage in promoting anti-vax sentiments is not feeling they should take any vaccine for the benefit of others.

We’ve even had the laughable claim that ‘I’ve only ever taken a vaccine to protect myself’.  

Firstly all national/international vaccination programs have an objective of defeating a society wide disease threat; example the ‘fight against small pox’ was a program of vaccination to eradicate that scourge.

Secondly, promoting vaccination to protect others is a very effective means to encourage large numbers of people to get vaccinated. I’m sure I’m not the only person who’s witnessed younger members of families seeking vaccination in order to protect elderly parents/grandparents.

That the terminally selfish are themselves unable to even comprehend vaccination to protect others (despite several times in their life having been vaccinated to protect others) is only an insight into their own selfishness, it is not an argument against vaccination to protect others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And if a financial advisor tells someone to invest all their money in the lottery because they can win millions, is that a lie? Does it matter that, technically speaking, it's true?

People get vaccinated to protect themselves, as did I. To say people should be forced to  get vaccinated to protect others is weak. I did it for myself and possibly as a result for those in my household. I got it mainly to make my return to Thailand easier.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

People get vaccinated to protect themselves, as did I. To say people should be forced to  get vaccinated to protect others is weak. I did it for myself and possibly as a result for those in my household. I got it mainly to make my return to Thailand easier.

The mandate for the NYC police worked great. Only some 40 are not getting the jab. Fantastic.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's complete rubbish. All vaccines have always been a 2 way street. This is a very simple concept that has been explained to the deniers over and over again but the wilful ignorance prevents them from understanding it. You have revealed your motivation here which is to dissuade people from getting the vaccine. This is dangerous misinformation which is killing people.

He did say he has been twice jabbed. As he is vaccinated why on earth would he actively seek to dissuade people from getting the vaccine?

The way this government treats  foreigners here  i feel very sure  being vaccinated will become  another part of the Visa rules..

No one can be forced to do anything,  its just a case of if you dont like it.. leave, .. but being vaccinated  or else  unless the visa agencies can find a way around it

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So Portland is following the law, without a State or Federal law mandating police officers be vaccinated they shall not be vaccinated.

Time for a State or Federal law then.

Portland's major isn't dumb enough to push mandate in the midst of ongoing violence.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Do you really think anything you post makes a difference as what I post makes not a bit of difference.

I'm posting the other's (you know, the others) argument, since when was that a crime. 

I believe I'm afraid of the pro-vaxxers.

Thank you for posting.....All my quality and factual posts here seem to get reported with in minutes of posting...

• Haha 2