Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

1 minute ago, earthscar said:

possibly but assuming he isn't lying or omitting by mistake then...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6963878/coronavirus-nurse-muscle-loss/

A California nurse and bodybuilding enthusiast has revealed the shocking toll that the coronavirus took on his body after he spent six weeks in the hospital with complications from COVID-19.

70c8fc80

Mike Schultz, 43, says he weighed about 190 pounds and had no underlying health conditions before he contracted the coronavirus in early March. He ended up spending 57 days in hospital with the virus and came out weighing only 140 pounds, he wrote in an Instagram post. The post also included before and after photos documenting the dramatic change that his body went through during the ordeal.

Body builders are not all healthy.  Google bodybuilding and health.  He has a a scar from his neck to stomach. Preexisting heart problem? He looks unnaturally big which is not healthy IMO.  Regardless, the risk of using anecdotal over data is a major problem with discussion on this forum independent of what tribe you are in.

Being healthy is extremely beneficial and that is the point I have failed to make. Probably my bad and seems everyone is upset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Please sort and sift what constitutes fake news regarding covid-19 for us all.

Thanks.

sure we can do that..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/12/fact-check-bill-gates-isnt-planning-implant-microchips-via-vaccines/3171405001/

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/qanon-cong-candidates/

i mean if your going to have a chip theory its always nice to get support from ppl in power right?

i could go on but ..umm if your this far along in 2021 and this is new to you...well..umm you took social distancing in that cave to the tippy top.

5 minutes ago, earthscar said:

then your in the minority you need look no further then how ppl are responding to the social challanges the world is facing. if you didn't find that list(infintesamly small amount of the overall image) something you think we should change then your a lost cause. do a search for the term "laying down" in china. ppl who say i feel sad for you as often as you do i generally run across in a tictok story posted on facebook w/ karen or ken in the tittle somewhere.

so you can be shocked when i'm not overy worried about your stance on me.

OK, I get it your angry.  I'm not and hope I rarely am in the future.   Really don't see the point. Scream on and rage against the machine.  I can live with your attitude.

4 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Body builders are not all healthy.  Google bodybuilding and health.  He has a a scar from his neck to stomach. Preexisting heart problem? He looks unnaturally big which is not healthy IMO.  Regardless, the risk of using anecdotal over data is a major problem with discussion on this forum independent of what tribe you are in.

Being healthy is extremely beneficial and that is the point I have failed to make. Probably my bad and seems everyone is upset.

so did you come down w/ lying or omitting w/ him since he stated

Mike Schultz, 43, says he weighed about 190 pounds and had no underlying health conditions

since we can't know if he is lying then short of that we have to assume he is not lieing. you think he is a lib w/ a agenda?

https://www.brgeneral.org/news-blog/2020/march/whats-an-underlying-condition-/

goes over what a underlying condition is since you seem a bit spotty on it. very nicely the artcle also says 

Of course, there is a smaller number of otherwise healthy individuals who can develop severe infection,

so i mean F those guys they where just not healthy enough..def will not be you. as you said you more healthy then him.

even if you are healthy something for you to look forward to possibly

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects/index.html

decent chance you wont be running so much after. but who believes the cdc right.

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

And therein lies the problem. People who fall for the fake news.

Fake news - the catch-all phrase for the intellectually lazy.

A hangover if you will from the Trump Administration that just slapped that on anything that went against their "narrative".

If counter-evidence arises on any current affair topic just quickly label it FAKE NEWS!  FAKE NEWS!

Fake news emanates from the Onion parody website.

Guys don't get baited by this poster @jeffr2.

He's just a troll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, atpeace said:

OK, I get it your angry.  I'm not and hope I rarely am in the future.   Really don't see the point. Scream on and rage against the machine.  I can live with your attitude.

This insisting others who disagree with you are angry is a thing with you.

I wonder why?

12 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

slightly pretentious statement but i will take that over your apathy any day.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

This insisting others who disagree with you are angry is a thing with you.

I wonder why?

he isn't wrong i am angery, i should be. we should be. this isn't the world we want to leave for our children. 

show some passion and some zest for showing how we can be better. maybe one day we can once again be considered something to look up to. his apathy in the face of this horror and his kitch responses are disheartening. he shows a understanding of English but seemingly can't read..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, earthscar said:

sure we can do that..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/12/fact-check-bill-gates-isnt-planning-implant-microchips-via-vaccines/3171405001/

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/qanon-cong-candidates/

i mean if your going to have a chip theory its always nice to get support from ppl in power right?

i could go on but ..umm if your this far along in 2021 and this is new to you...well..umm you took social distancing in that cave to the tippy top.

Haha, yet another poster that extrapolates what I do and do not believe based on the smallest info..

I already posted today that I think chipping is nonsense..

I'm already double vaxxed.

Just see this all the time on this forum regarding C-19 - people extrapolating what another poster does and does not believe based on scant information.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

A hangover if you will from the Trump Administration that just slapped that on anything that went against their "narrative".

If counter-evidence arises on any current affair topic just quickly label it FAKE NEWS!  FAKE NEWS!

He's just a troll.

You obviously are one of those who've fallen for the fake news.

Guys don't get baited bt this poster  @freedomnow.

He's just a troll.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

He's just a troll.

amusing little aside by that fake news tag.

trump may have very well come up with it

fist https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/worldnews/2020/reuters-institute-study-finds-bbc-news-is-americas-most-trusted-news-brand

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-42724320 a time table of when the term was first noticed. 

snopes didn't seem to cover it but that just may have been poor search on my part.

thats why i linked the trust of bbc and then the actual bbc article about "fake news"

37 minutes ago, atpeace said:

No not all bodybuilders are healthy, but in general more healthy then the average fat slob. However the top of bodybuilders can't be that healthy given the steroid use at that level.

But you liking the after pic is strange in my eyes, I am more like his before pic maybe a bit more muscular. The after pic looks like a vegan who hasnt eaten for a few weeks ????

Calling that guy unnatural big.. wow.. that size is easily attainable without steroids. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

apricated good right up in that. makes me feel a bit better even if it feels like trump has successfully co opted "fake news" and "unprecedented". Man that last one was seemingly so ubiquitous during trumps term. every anchor or journalist seem compelled to use it somewhere in their segment about a trump news event.

• Like 2

Clarification, please:

On 10/25/2021 at 5:43 PM, CharlieH said:

There is nothing in the rules that I am aware of that states links must be of a certain type. Only that they go to where they say they do. Now, as these dont proclaim to go anywhere website wise,it is up to the individual to decide to follow them or not.

I have followed ALL of those posted with NO ISSUE and see no problem.

You make your own decision.

Members may find this of use/interest:

https://safecomputing.umich.edu/be-aware/phishing-and-suspicious-email/shortened-url-security

7 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post with an unapproved link and a reply has been removed:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed. No shortened version urls or affiliate links permitted.

Are "bit.ly" and/or "tinyurl.com" links allowed or not?

I use them a lot on Twitter to shorten the length of the post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Clarification, please:

Are "bit.ly" and/or "tinyurl.com" links allowed or not?

I use them a lot on Twitter to shorten the length of the post.

No, "bit.ly" and/or "tinyurl.com" links are no longer allowed. 

Instead of asking for clarification on the forum, it is best to send a PM to a moderator:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) ASEANNOW.com to discuss moderation policy.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how many truly “ fit and healthy” under 60 people, with no underlying conditions and uncompromised immune systems, have died from covid ?  ecause I honestly haven’t heard of one genuine case. such media claims turn out to be clearly false, involving various rolly- pollys with three chins or steroid abusers or multiple drug takers ……any reliable data out there re. genuine “ fit and healthy” covid deaths under 60 ?

• Confused 1

A post with unsubstantiated information has been removed:

• DISCLAIMER: this is my opinion and can't be bothered to substantiate everything I know to be true, so google it. 

"So google it" is not the proper way to substantiate information when posting.

Posts using videos from unapproved social media sources have been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Some troll posts were removed as well. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

how many truly “ fit and healthy” under 60 people, with no underlying conditions and uncompromised immune systems, have died from covid ?  ecause I honestly haven’t heard of one genuine case. such media claims turn out to be clearly false, involving various rolly- pollys with three chins or steroid abusers or multiple drug takers ……any reliable data out there re. genuine “ fit and healthy” covid deaths under 60 ?

I remember somewhere in one of these threads a member mentioned that he knew someone who was truly fit and healthy and your response was that she couldn't have been because if she were, she wouldn't have succumbed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

i mean really man.. your on the internet at least ask for something difficult.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/us/va-child-death-covid-trnd/index.html

About 5 million children under 18 have tested positive for the coronavirus since the pandemic started. Almost 45 million people overall have tested positive across the country.

enjoy that long haul illness you little monsters.. /s

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/11/05/covid-now-major-cause-death-kids-many-parents-remain-hesitant-vaccine-1642720.html

COVID-19 has killed roughly 570 American kids

i mean they are american and if you have ever lived in the usa and had a school lunch then you understand while i think those 570 didn't die from covid they died from the salisbury steak fridays /s

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, earthscar said:

i mean really man.. your on the internet at least ask for something difficult.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/us/va-child-death-covid-trnd/index.html

About 5 million children under 18 have tested positive for the coronavirus since the pandemic started. Almost 45 million people overall have tested positive across the country.

enjoy that long haul illness you little monsters.. /s

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/11/05/covid-now-major-cause-death-kids-many-parents-remain-hesitant-vaccine-1642720.html

COVID-19 has killed roughly 570 American kids

i mean they are american and if you have ever lived in the usa and had a school lunch then you understand while i think those 570 didn't die from covid they died from the salisbury steak fridays /s

CDC: Most Kids Dying From Coronavirus Had Underlying Conditions

Enormous racial-ethnic disparities revealed as well

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88630

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

CDC: Most Kids Dying From Coronavirus Had Underlying Conditions

Enormous racial-ethnic disparities revealed as well

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88630

did you read that or just the headline because umm that doesn't support what you think it does..I get it mass media and their click bait..still..

I would suggest reading it but some key points

From Feb. 12 to July 31, 121 deaths of patients under age 21 were reported to the CDC, of whom 75% had underlying medical conditions, such as asthma, obesity, neurologic/developmental conditions, and cardiac conditions, while a quarter were previously healthy, reported Danae Bixler, MD, of the CDC in Atlanta, and colleagues.

around 40% of Americans are considered obese 

and then looking at the demographic of those kids...

the () are me

Also, 45% of fatal cases were Hispanic(15.7% below poverty), 29% were non-Hispanic Black(18.8% below poverty), and 4% were non-Hispanic American Indian/Alaska Native. now those white guys(9.6% below poverty)

sucks to be sick, poor and a minority i guess.

just incase you want to break your heart 

Most deaths were in pediatric patients ages 10-20, with a median age of 16 (IQR 7-19); but 10% were in infants and 20% were in children 1-9.

damn if those 1yrs just did that 10min mile they still be chewing on erasers.

to be clear 

Virtually all of the pediatric deaths met the COVID-19 case definition, 12% met the multi-inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) case definition, and 12% met both case definitions.

this is simply put not the hill you wanna die on...

2 hours ago, earthscar said:

so did you come down w/ lying or omitting w/ him since he stated

Mike Schultz, 43, says he weighed about 190 pounds and had no underlying health conditions

since we can't know if he is lying then short of that we have to assume he is not lieing. you think he is a lib w/ a agenda?

https://www.brgeneral.org/news-blog/2020/march/whats-an-underlying-condition-/

goes over what a underlying condition is since you seem a bit spotty on it. very nicely the artcle also says 

Of course, there is a smaller number of otherwise healthy individuals who can develop severe infection,

so i mean F those guys they where just not healthy enough..def will not be you. as you said you more healthy then him.

even if you are healthy something for you to look forward to possibly

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects/index.html

decent chance you wont be running so much after. but who believes the cdc right.

No, I don't know anything in regards to his health.  Don't know the bloke.  Why does he have to be lying? Are you angry at hello?

If I posted a picture of an obese man with Covid, what would that tell you? Nothing is my guess or at least I hope you wouldn't draw conclusions from the picture.  Try science and data it might help.  Are you a conservative?  Us real libs like to rationally look at data.

The long Covid rant was cute.  All the boxers, futbol, and basketball players seem to just fine after getting Covid.  Sure there are exceptions and sometimes people have lasting issues from a stubbed toe.  For such a macho angry dude your fear is blinding you.   

Edited by atpeace