Vaccine and alcohol

overherebc

What is the official line, if there is one, on drinkinģ before or after vaccination.

Some friends say it's not a problem either way, others say the opposite.

What's the medical position on it, meaning, not your idea but the medical opinion?

• Haha 1

Any idea why you can't take ibuprofen if you have some pain after being vaccinated?

• After vaccination, if you have heavy body ache, you can take half tablet of paracetamol (500 mg.) with a gap of 6 hours, make sure not to take Brufen , Arcoxia or Celebrex ( NSAIDS).
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I abstained from alcohol for a couple of days before and after my AZ vaccine.

The beneficial effect of dealing with the beautiful Thai nurses during the process was far greater than the effect of any alcohol.

Ha! Yes, the Thai nurses. I go for my checkups and the first thing they do is check blood pressure. I have teased with the Thai nurses that it was not fair ... put me with a cute Thai nurse and it raises my blood pressure!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Excessive alcohol drinking can suppress your immune system and in turn reduce the amount of protection that the Covid-19 vaccine can offer". 

A review paper published in the British Journal of Nutrition

Alcohol is also a depressant.  If you feel alone during these tough times drinking can make it worse.

Edited by MrJ2U

On 7/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Any idea why you can't take ibuprofen if you have some pain after being vaccinated?

• After vaccination, if you have heavy body ache, you can take half tablet of paracetamol (500 mg.) with a gap of 6 hours, make sure not to take Brufen , Arcoxia or Celebrex ( NSAIDS).

From what I know about NSAIDS, the doctors will strongly recommend against them because of the strain they put on the liver and kidneys. Add in the vaccine and that adds up to asking you to refrain from using them for pain. Tylenol is the preferred pain reducer.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory and dangerous for anybody on heart meds. Paracetamol is ok

On 7/28/2021 at 4:59 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I areas with Dengue Fever one should never take Ibu or Aspirin

"The infecting organism in dengue affects the platelets which are responsible for clotting (stopping bleeding) increasing the tendency of the person to bleed. Aspirin and Ibuprofen also have similar action. Both of them together could cause the person to bleed excessively pushing the patient into what is called the 'Dengue Shock syndrome'. And once in this stage, medical treatment is needed in an emergency basis and hospitalization becomes necessary."

On 7/28/2021 at 4:59 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

always stay away from ibuprofen is the recommendation in more countries. just use and asprin or paracetamol.

just look up on the on good site and you will see the working and explanation why you never should use iboprufen or stuff like that