Why should I inject a vaccine that could kill me when I have no risk to be sick with covid ? A Thai boy told me, what can I reply him to push for vaccination ?

samtab

3 hours ago, samtab said:

Can I ask you what I can reply him to push for vaccination please ?

Why, just ignore the situation. If he gets COVID he will likely be just fine anyway. If not then that's also not a problem, not for you anyway.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

hes got more chance of winning the lotery than get sick from a jab tell him

Well, chances of feeling sick and having mild side effects are pretty common especially with younger people. If you meant dying less likely than winning lottery then it's a valid point.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

This Thai boy is smart and knows a lot more than most old foreigners in this country !

I support him and will also never vaccinate !

People who do not want to die just have to protect themselves !

Do you know anybody smart who got covid ? I DON'T ! All people that I know who got covid didn't do half of the correct things to protect themselves.

Happy to find some smart Thai people !

Yeah right, thatll  be  all those smart Thais wearing crash helmets  eh, I mean what did crash helmets ever do for anyone........right

• Haha 2

A post with a link to an unapproved social media source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

9 hours ago, sucit said:

The stupid people are actually the ones thinking they know the long term effects of a new vaccine.

Nobody knows. Fact. Get it through your heads. This is not a long term, proven vaccine. When it does become proven in a decade or so, feel free to spout off and call people stupid all you want. 

In a decade you might be remembered at a 10 year memorial service.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

In a country where they ride motorbikes without wearing helmets ,drive cars without putting on their seatbelts and  pile the extended family into the open box of the pick up  truck  the notion of prevention is not widely accepted . If you want him to get the jab offer him a thousand baht . 

• Haha 1

Plenty of Youtube videos of people sharing their Covid experiences/being treated while on a ventilator.   Surely they aren't all paid actors (as the antivax crowd might believe).      

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, salsajapan said:

Are you sure that the real real stupid ones are the ones who are not able to protect from a virus by just wearing a mask and washing hands ?

Why people who do not get it are considered as exceptions ? In a country of 70 millions people, when only 7 millions people get covid, who are the idiots ? the ones who got it or the 63 millions who didn't get it ?

In this world people have such a weird way of thinking... if I get covid I will consider myself as an idiot, and everybody should think exactly the same way, because this is what I would be !

Wearing a mask reduces one's odds of catching covid. But they actually are more protective of the mask wearer passing it on to others. And washing hands and other measures may improve yours chances of not catching it, but they don't eliminate the risk entirely. And not everyone can afford to avoid situations where it's more likely one can be infected with covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...