Covid Vacc Certificate

Whale

Does the UK accept the covid vac certificate from Thailand in regard to travel/further vaccination?

I have had one dose of AZ here and am waiting for the second in another 6 weeks, it was then my plan to return to the UK for a while.
But I have more confidence in the UK situation at the moment than here in Thailand so was considering just going back to UK and in 2 weeks going to a walk in and having a second AZ jab (which would be my "first" in the UK).

But would that leave me without a covid final Vaccine certificate in the UK and Thailand.

Additionally I heard you can only get a vac certificate in the UK if you are registered with NHS (which I am not).

The vac certificate is important to me for eventually travelling between the two countries but I understand the UK does accept from Thailand? 

The answer to  your original question is, at present, 'No'.

This is a paragraph from a letter from the Minister of Transport to MPs two days ago:-

This is just the first step in recognising vaccines given in other countries. We recognise that there are UK nationals resident in countries not included in today’s announcement who have been fully vaccinated, which is why we are working with international partners to ensure that our certification regimes are robust and we will extend this policy further in due course.

What will emerge for anyone lucky enough(!) to be vaccinated in Thailand, and when, is anybody's guess. I wouldn't presume to advise you, but there's no way I would set foot in the UK at the moment without being fully vaccinated. I sympathise with your comment about the denial of a vaccine certificate to those no longer registered with the NHS. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, just another way the bureaucracy treats us as second class citizens - perhaps the Consulate would care to find out whether it is so.

The whole letter from Grant Schapps is attached.

210729 - SoS DfT Dear Colleagues International Travel.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

@WhaleUK has just updated their requirements via UK Gov website, it now says "vaccine certificate" not vaccine "passport" or WHO complaint vaccination card/book.

Thailand Added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrived in England before then, you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:18 AM, Whale said:

Does the UK accept the covid vac certificate from Thailand in regard to travel/further vaccination?

I have had one dose of AZ here and am waiting for the second in another 6 weeks, it was then my plan to return to the UK for a while.
But I have more confidence in the UK situation at the moment than here in Thailand so was considering just going back to UK and in 2 weeks going to a walk in and having a second AZ jab (which would be my "first" in the UK).

But would that leave me without a covid final Vaccine certificate in the UK and Thailand.

Additionally I heard you can only get a vac certificate in the UK if you are registered with NHS (which I am not).

The vac certificate is important to me for eventually travelling between the two countries but I understand the UK does accept from Thailand? 

Hi @Whale. If you were vaccinated in Thailand and received a complete dose of an approved vaccine you may be able to use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status. A ‘Covid-19 Certificate of Vaccination’ for international travel is available from the Department of Disease Control (DDC). Please contact the Provincial Public Health Office where you live for details on how to obtain your certificate or you can find further details are also available from the DDC Facebook pages.  

If you're planning to have a second AZ dose in the UK, check out more Information about who can access the COVID-19 vaccine through the NHS and accessing the NHS if visiting from abroad on Gov.UK.