New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

some 20mln pfizer were ordered only some 10 days ago, nobody can be sure, when the first batch will arrive, so no much sense for registering now.

As to 1.5mln donated already by the usa, and another 1mln coming later, it's entirely to age, medical condition, also living in the red dark, or just simply being well connected to be put on a special list approved by the province governor (as was the case with the first jabs in March)

Nice but you didn't answer my questions.

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:
17 minutes ago, bannork said:

It won't accept my middle names. My mother, being pretentious, gave me two, Hugh and Gordon. The website accepts neither or both as on my passport. Is there a help line anywhere?

Expand  

don't put anything.

or just an initial

Or try running the names together with no space between them - that has worked for me on some airline websites that won't accept middle names. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

but also able to setup an appointment on the site.

Have not heard anyone else mention this.... Are you saying you chose your appointment date and time at Medpark?  Are you still waiting for confirmation? 

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Tried all the options mentioned, no dice.

Just leave the middle name blank.  This is Thailand, If your first and last name and passport number match you should be good to go.   Just my opinion of course

Just now, PEE TEE said:

What about those who do not have a smart phone and more so those who do not know how to use use one. So No phone No vaccine    

Yes...this is the 21st century.  Get a proper phone. Find a friend to show you how to use it if necessary.  Just my opinion.

Peace

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Actually, The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Deputy Spokesperson Dr Apisamai Srirangsan precisely described the government’s plan to distribute the US-donated 1.5 million doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. 

1062891934_ScreenShot2021-08-02at10_59_41AM.jpg.323f9afc06c5e9d3001d6cae3b2cd8ee.jpg

Of course it was also pointed out that "vaccine management may change depending on the Covid-19 situation".  In other words, what has been promised, and what the actual distribution to foreigners will turn out to be is probably anyone's guess, since the U.S. is not providing any oversight that would ensure that US expats (whose tax paying dollars helped pay for these vaccines) are treated fairly in this distributions.

Thanks for posting this.  It would also seem to answer the question of whether it is planned that people who get the first dose of Pfizer will get a second dose.  A fair interpretation of the chart (150,000 doses, 75,000 people) is that 75,000 people will indeed get both doses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

Yes...this is the 21st century.  Get a proper phone. Find a friend to show you how to use it if necessary.  Just my opinion.

Peace

Correct sir but their are those who are anti modern data  and would refuse to buy one .you cant please everyone. have a great day . i am in Samui and had my first AZ back in june. I think this new registration is for the mainland  

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Just leave the middle name blank.  This is Thailand, If your first and last name and passport number match you should be good to go.   Just my opinion of course

Tried that too. Won't accept it blank 

16 minutes ago, Oor Wullie said:

Registration success yesterday late afternoon.  Only difficulty was the date of birth selector.  But response was swift.

When you register and get to date of birth section, you have to click on the year and it will give you options to go back to your year of birth.   

• Thanks 1

My own experience (70+ y.o):

I understood this 'for foreigners only' registration link was to comply with the US donation of Pfizer to Thailand government requiring 20% be reserved for "foreigners." It did not state "expats." It did state who would qualify for registration, ie., 1 or more medical conditions, 60+ y.o., on visa for stay in Thailand.

To open Aug. 1 at 11am.

I got a 'To be open' notice when making the web link from 11am-11:04am. At 11:05am was to make link.

Then using the link on my tablet began to provide requested personal information. Used address as stated in my Certificate of Residence. No issues.

Date of Birth: thought I'd avoid using calendar back clicking and directly entered date in Thai format MM/DD/YYYY but rejected. So used 'back click' in calendar which only provided going back by each month for each year and not by years. So ie., 70 years x 12 months clicks.

Then encountered instructions to 'drag' or 'browse' to place picture of passport and "visa" in space provided. That required a JPEG of each which I hadn't prepared in advance. I didn't know how to do that on a tablet so restarted the registration again on my pc connected to a scanner/printer. Scanned as JPEG my passport page showing personal data and last visa extension made in 2020. The actual Visa issued by a Thai embassy is in my previous passport when I entered Thailand in 2013.

Found I could not drag or browse 2 pictures into the indicated space. One would just replace the other after several tries. Then cut and paste two pics on one page and dragged it into the pic field. Note that for medical documentation either JPEG or PDF was acceptable but not stated with passport/visa field.

After completing last couple questions, submitted (at about 11:40am) and received "Error (#476)" posted by DJAYZ. ?????

Did 'go back page' to pic field and found not issues - maybe it remembered my previous failed attempt to post 2 pics?

Then clicked forward through the registration to submit again and got Confirmation of Registration. Now it sees my corrected registration? Would be nice to get an email confirmation instead of the popup.

Bottom line - I don't know for sure that I'm really registered until at some future time I get an appointment by email.

Confirmed_Registration.JPG.7a08d792cb35c9e3fed00d66ba81576c.JPG

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Correct sir but their are those who are anti modern data  and would refuse to buy one .you cant please everyone. have a great day . i am in Samui and had my first AZ back in june. I think this new registration is for the mainland  

This registration is for all Thailand but only for people to have their FIRST vaccination.

11 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

What about those who do not have a smart phone and more so those who do not know how to use use one. So No phone No vaccine    

Well, they wouldn’t have read the announcement so they won’t know what they are missing....ignorance is bliss. But seriously, who neither owns a smart phone, laptop or tablet, nor has family members without one ?

17 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Thanks for posting this.  It would also seem to answer the question of whether it is planned that people who get the first dose of Pfizer will get a second dose.  A fair interpretation of the chart (150,000 doses, 75,000 people) is that 75,000 people will indeed get both doses.

I think the way the chart reads is that each person receives 2 doses since the number of people listed is one-half of the number of doses listed. (except for front line medical workers who are only receive one dose as a "booster" since they already have received two doses of SinoVac back in April.).

Of course that should be kind of distressing to US expats because it's estimated that there are about 150,000 US expats in Thailand right now.  That means that half of of the US expats living in Thailand will NOT be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccines that their tax dollars helped pay for. 

That is shameful and irresponsible of the US, IMO, considering that the Chinese made it a condition that ALL of their citizens living in Thailand be vaccinated in exchange for delivering SinoVac to Thailand, and most of those vaccines were NOT donated, but paid for!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Of course, someone with a foreign passport is in fact a certified foreigner.  She should go for it as she is included by definition.

Someone pointed out earlier that they are also asking for a visa/extension of stay as well, which would be a problem.  

My suggestion would be to only upload the passport ID page and see if that's sufficient.  As a practical matter some people who have both passport and visa/extension weren't able to upload both.  Perhaps, they will cut your wife some slack.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I understood this 'for foreigners only' registration link was to comply with the US donation of Pfizer to Thailand government requiring 20% be reserved for "foreigners." It did not state "expats." It did state who would qualify for registration, ie., 1 or more medical conditions, 60+ y.o., on visa for stay in Thailand.

To open Aug. 1 at 11am.

I got a 'To be open' notice when making the web link from 11am-11:04am. At 11:05am was to make link.

Then using the link on my tablet began to provide requested personal information. Used address as stated in my Certificate of Residence. No issues.

Date of Birth: thought I'd avoid using calendar back clicking and directly entered date in Thai format MM/DD/YYYY but rejected. So used 'back click' in calendar which only provided going back by each month for each year and not by years. So ie., 70 years x 12 months clicks.

Then encountered instructions to 'drag' or 'browse' to place picture of passport and "visa" in space provided. That required a JPEG of each which I hadn't prepared in advance. I didn't know how to do that on a tablet so restarted the registration again on my pc connected to a scanner/printer. Scanned as JPEG my passport page showing personal data and last visa extension made in 2020. The actual Visa issued by a Thai embassy is in my previous passport when I entered Thailand in 2013.

Found I could not drag or browse 2 pictures into the indicated space. One would just replace the other after several tries. Then cut and paste two pics on one page and dragged it into the pic field. Note that for medical documentation either JPEG or PDF was acceptable but not stated with passport/visa field.

After completing last couple questions, submitted (at about 11:40am) and received "Error (#476)" posted by DJAYZ. ?????

Did 'go back page' to pic field and found not issues - maybe it remembered my previous failed attempt to post 2 pics?

Then clicked forward through the registration to submit again and got Confirmation of Registration. Now it sees my corrected registration? Would be nice to get an email confirmation instead of the popup.

Bottom line - I don't know for sure that I'm really registered until at some future time I get an appointment by email.

Read my post above your last post, regarding DOB on registration.

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

To open Aug. 1 at 11am.

I think you're good.  Email confirmations have been very long (hours sometimes) in coming.

23 minutes ago, Saltire said:

At 9PM Aug 1, 16,935 registered w/ expatvac, 13,884 are under 60 yrs old, and only 3,051 are 60 and over. Of those registered, 64 are pregnant and 946 are in 7-health conditions grps. Many more are being processed and pending required docs. TQ on behalf of MFA Expatvac Team.

"Many more are being processed and pending required docs."

I wonder if that has anything to do with the issue of the visa/extension scan seemingly overwriting/deleting the passport page?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

You think wrong .....but that’s what happens when you rely on carrier pigeons and the bamboo telegraph for your info. ????

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:46 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A new vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand will open on August 1, it has been announced.

I still do not understand why they do not turn this whole vaccine program over to someone who can do and understand projects like this. In the USA, once the  vaccinations were turned over to the Walmarts, Walgreens, and CVS's ( drug stores) , etc. and taken out of the gov't bureaucratic machine, vaccination rates skyrocketed. TURN IT OVER TO 7/11!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1