New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

Just an update on the Pfizer situation. Today, the govt issued a graphic that shows more than 83,000 Pfizer doses had been given as of yesterday. And less than half of those were 3rd dose booster shots (which somewhat contradicts the NBT news release link I posted above):

365888982_2021-08-09VaccinationsUpdate.jpg.8772869357ddbfbe3f0104a03d88a27c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/fanmoph/photos/a.769525979740426/6651482398211392/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

I got rejected today on visa grounds. I mistakenly entered B as my visa class when it should have been O as I'm on a retirement visa. A face to face application would have rectified that as would have the photo of the visa I sent in 

How do they determine  Foreign Residents, I've lived here for the past twelve  years on a Non O Visa, i applies for and susessfuly  registered on this new App,Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 HOURS have just received an email stating.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

Just now, bannork said:

I got rejected today on visa grounds. I mistakenly entered B as my visa class when it should have been O as I'm on a retirement visa. A face to face application would have rectified that as would have the photo of the visa I sent in 

I also got rejected because I am a permanent resident (PR) with no visa.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

The same email I received.

Just now, bannork said:

Sorry to hear ,

but at least it proves they read them and check that application ....so not a dummy sleeping application ..

Did anyone read this?

After the United States decided to donate Pfizer shots to help Thailand, compensating for his failure, a sign was made for a vaccination session in Nakhon Sawan Province claiming: “Mr Anutin Charnvirakul, deputy prime minister and minister of public health, gives Pfizer vaccine to medical personnel of Nakhon Sawan.”

• Haha 1

Just now, sirluke1944 said:

How do they determine  Foreign Residents, I've lived here for the past twelve  years on a Non O Visa, i applies for and susessfuly  registered on this new App,Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 HOURS have just received an email stating.

So...now they look like they found a reason to avoid to give Pfizer to foreigners as condition dealt with by the USA's sending 

All "o" not intitled ...? ????

• Confused 1

Just now, Michael Hare said:

Did anyone read this?

After the United States decided to donate Pfizer shots to help Thailand, compensating for his failure, a sign was made for a vaccination session in Nakhon Sawan Province claiming: “Mr Anutin Charnvirakul, deputy prime minister and minister of public health, gives Pfizer vaccine to medical personnel of Nakhon Sawan.”

Of course "our best friend " is in the play....

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Sorry to hear ,

but at least it proves they read them and check that application ....so not a dummy sleeping application ..

I don't think so David, I sent a photo of my visa with my application. When I registeredit rejected both my middle names, Hugh and Gordon, said they were not English!

1 minute ago, bannork said:

I don't think so David, I sent a photo of my visa with my application. When I registeredit rejected both my middle names, Hugh and Gordon, said they were not English!

sad to hear ..., but i meant only they are following the site , but not understanding foreign naming.

I had no problem even my first name is French version , and also i could not see passport I.D. and  visa (ext. page ) in one screen , but when scrolling in the screen from application  i could see one.... or the other.....

Surprised i got sms for appointment at 3 clock, my Blood pressure jumped to 15 from 11.....because nervous exited ....more because worried if needed confirmation my side , no problem as the appointment is 11-12 and sms came 3 clock afternoon , so anyway in the 24 hours (printed al to be sure ????

5 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

From what I can make out, expatvac know there is a problem as there has been a misunderstanding regarding the visas. They are hoping to rectify this as soon as possible so do not give up yet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

I am a PR too I just provided an expired copy of a non-quota immigrant Visa. 

24 minutes ago, internationalism said:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

This has caused more panic for Anutin and his allies. The health authority in Chaiyaphum issued a most urgent letter telling medical personnel not to pose with the Biden picture."

A great poster image! would be great to see this mass produced and distributed to all hospitals!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bannork said:

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality

I got rejected also...Nice at least to get a reply so you know your application failed!! I'm sure I meet the requirements. What to do now....I will try and re-register....

I had all kinds of issues registering also then I saw a link to Bumrungrad Hospitals program and sent it off and very quickly got a SMS telling me my appointment time and day which happened to be just 2 days away. Their sign up asked very few questions very fast and easy. No photos or even questions about the Visa i hold just PP number. Got there at 8:45 for 9Am appointment and was done and out the door at 10 Am. 

Edited by hereforgood
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

I read also this: 

"In response, images were created online thanking US president Joe Biden instead, and many Thai medical workers who got the Pfizer booster shot posted pictures on social media using the image.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

This has caused more panic for Anutin and his allies. The health authority in Chaiyaphum issued a most urgent letter telling medical personnel not to pose with the Biden picture."

I read this too. I am a bit nervous to show anything from Andrew's newsletters. 

2 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

I read this too. I am a bit nervous to show anything from Andrew's newsletters. 

People seem to be upset Thailand used donated vaccines for their medical staff. I read how many doses of that Pfizer vaccine batch were used for Thai medical staff and it wasn’t a large % number! Most would agree with them vaccinating medical staff with what’s considered one of the better vaccines as a booster shot!

All countries did their medical staff first before anyone else as they should!

Doesn't matter where it came from or what country! It was donated with no strings attached!

B8665B5A-360B-49AA-97F3-60DCD0DA5882.png

Edited by Kanada
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kanada said:

People seem to be upset Thailand used donated vaccines for their medical staff. I read how many doses of that Pfizer vaccine batch were used for Thai medical staff and it wasn’t a large % number! Most would agree with them vaccinating medical staff with what’s considered one of the better vaccines as a booster shot!

All countries did their medical staff first before anyone else as they should!

Doesn't matter where it came from or what country! It was donated with no strings attached!

but dr anutin was claming, it was gift rom him, and not from the usa.

the other problem is - front line medics are being bumped to the end of lists or completely removed. In their place some retired doctors or medical students, who are not at that hospital doing their practice. At bhumipol military hospitals those bogus names made the majority of list. That was publicly exposed by medics at press conference on Sunday

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Try calling 02 572 8442 

Luv their work... Many fellang call with same application probrem. Wait a few days and see if new mail arrives confirming application success. Not holding my breath...

The more people who phone them the better.. A squeaky door gets oiled!!!

• Like 1

<deleted> me dead...Just got an e-mail acknowledging my previous application for vacine had failed and a link to try again!!I just finished downloading my passport details/visa and stuff and got an e-mail back within minutes saying successful!! The link had all of my previous details already filled in...Only in Thailand...Amazing!! I wonder if the phone call today helped me personally or is everyone getting another chance to

re-register??

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Thaifish said:

<deleted> me dead...Just got an e-mail acknowledging my previous application for vacine had failed and a link to try again!!I just finished downloading my passport details/visa and stuff and got an e-mail back within minutes saying successful!! The link had all of my previous details already filled in...Only in Thailand...Amazing!! I wonder if the phone call today helped me personally or is everyone getting another chance to

re-register??

Yes, I have received same. Will do the necessary and see what happens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaifish said:

re-register??

Well that’s great news????????

I haven’t received anything yet so I won’t call I guess but glad they are working seriously on it????

• Like 1