Register for Pfizer here

FridgeMagnet1

4 minutes ago, danferguson said:

One of the questions on the application form is this:

......Do you have any health insurance? *

Why would they ask that?

I suspect in case you suffer from an extreme adverse reaction onsite and need to be admitted, they want to know if you or an insurance company will be paying.

2 hours ago, watthong said:

MedPark not only looks, but sounds 1st class. Thumb up.

Yes when I was over there earlier the reception area is more like a 5 star hotel.  Very clean, modern, very few people, loads of staff. The entrance for covid vaccination is at the side of the hospital on the right as you face it, that is also very well managed, strict appointment system with not more than 15-20 inside.  Very impressive.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 7:25 AM, john thom said:

Very good offer. What happens  when you don't  live in Bangkok   and every mode of travel  is blocked 

Then it does not apply to you.  Any other questions?

Edited by shdmn

16 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I suspect in case you suffer from an extreme adverse reaction onsite and need to be admitted, they want to know if you or an insurance company will be paying.

Yes could be. I wonder if they would refuse people without insurance for that reason?

I was actually thinking they might think "This guy has insurance, so he can afford to pay, so no free vaccine for him"

On 8/1/2021 at 9:46 PM, mtls2005 said:

28 days.

But there is no implied guarantee that if you manage to secure a first dose of Pfizer, that you will get a second dose of Pfizer. All the wording specifically mentions a registration for a first dose (only). Which might mean many things: you get a second dose, you have to register again for a second dose (of something), you don't get a second dose.

Hoping the DCA will clarify.

I agree the wording can be read different ways

Has anyone been jabbed at Medpark yet?

Have they said anything about a second jab?

MedPark updates:

1.) They've changed their appointment scheme, and those with appointments should have received an email, by allowing those with appointments to come in any time on the day of their existing appointment, or for up to 3 ~ 7 days after.

Quote from email from MedPark...

With the recent announcement on the continuation of curfew hours, we realized that everyone may want a bit more flexibility to be able to get home a little earlier. Because of this, we’ve moved your appointment up so it is earlier in the day. And to give you flexibility, you can choose to get vaccinated at MedPark any day from dd - dd August, 2021 at any time between 08:00 to 17:00 hrs.

2.) While I did see confirmation of Pfizer availability, as of 10 or 11 August, on Thai social media, that appears to now be in question. Many are seeking clarification,and hopefully there will be that soon.

A back-up on expatvac seems prudent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

they have cancelled evening appointments after 9th - that's when pfizer suppose to be given.

Also they have abandoned hourly schedule - after getting appointment time you can turn up all day, and any day, near your booking.

Those serious changes might indicate some problems, shortage or what thai call it "misunderstandings".

Starting to feel like we're getting baited and switched, both with MedPark and expatvac.

Withholding judgement, just my feeling at this moment.

What was represented with confidence and clarity a few days ago, has devolved into confusion, moving targets and no real answers.

In my case I received no original confirmation email due to some glitch in their system not accepting the email address, as such I also haven't received the 'change appointment' email either so I have no way of getting in to amend my appointment (if indeed I actually NEED to amend it).  

I'm hoping it's a case of just being able to turn up otherwise it's another walk over to change it ????  Someone sent me a copy of the mail from MedPark and it looks like they are just moving everyone to a freedom of choice to go between 08:00 - 17:00 on any date between 13-20th?  My appointment was for the 10th so I'm not sure what the score is with that, whether an email, had I received it, would have said 08:00 - 17:00 10th - 20th?

Edited by SooKee

This time I heard back from Medpark.  My appointment remains unchanged, maybe they are only curtailing the evening appointments from the 13th.  One thing they did say in the email which is worth bearing in mind:

'Note: If you need the proof of vaccine, please inform the staff upon arrival and please ask for the appointment date/time of the 2nd dose before leaving the hospital.'

So they clearly intend on giving people a 2nd dose and a date for it, along with proof of vaccination.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

they have cancelled evening appointments after 9th - that's when pfizer suppose to be given.

Also they have abandoned hourly schedule - after getting appointment time you can turn up all day, and any day, near your booking.

Those serious changes might indicate some problems, shortage or what thai call it "misunderstandings".

Medpark Hospital gave a very clear explanation for this change - to avoid problems with the curfew.

They also gave a time frame, hours and days during which those with a booking can turn up, present their passport to get their vaccine.

No need to imagine problems before a problem has shown itself.

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

wait, curfew was introduced around 12.7, almost a month ago.

They advised patients to use taxi from their recommended company.

They all understood and planned all details.

And medical appointments are a valid reason for travel, so not sure why Medpark used the "curfew in place, maybe you need more flexibility in timing" reason.  Possible just that a lot of people were not on time anyway, so easier just to have an open timing

My guess:  not a lot of over-60's signed up, so they just decided to cancel the evening shift (also affected by the curfew), and fit us in during the day.  Seems pretty reasonable. 

Hopefully an over-60 who goes for a walk-in Pfizer shot on or after the 13th will report his or her experience on this forum.  

--Retiree

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, retiree said:

Hopefully an over-60 who goes for a walk-in Pfizer shot on or after the 13th will report his or her experience on this forum.  

--Retiree

This is a good suggestion.

My appointment is on the 12th and I shall provide feedback on how it goes, queue /check-in experience etc.

If others can do likewise we’ll all benefit from the real feedback rather than the rumors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fredscats said:

pfizer deal scuppered,  you might be in for long wait

Which Pfizer deal? 

If you mean the deal that never was from the Thonburi Health Group, I doubt that was anything more than a PR stunt to increase the share price, and the Medpark supply has nothing to do with that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Care to enlighten us with some more info ?

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The chair of Thailand's Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) said on Wednesday that a deal to import 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was unlikely to happen, despite his earlier claims that a deal was close.

1 minute ago, fredscats said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The chair of Thailand's Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) said on Wednesday that a deal to import 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was unlikely to happen, despite his earlier claims that a deal was close.

Yep, absolutely nothing to do with the Vaccines being administered by the Medpark Hospital. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yep, absolutely nothing to do with the Vaccines being administered by the Medpark Hospital. 

I asked today while there for vax,stated I wanted moderna and would waive AZ,stated did not know or confirm

Edited by fredscats