Thailand extends pandemic measures, expands lockdown areas

Jonathan Fairfield

36 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

So tell me guys does anybody who lost his/her job get any assistance from the self elected government? Most government in the west give some assistance for people affected by this virus

Yep! they got the 50/50 campaign to save 1,500B until October and then another 1,500B until the end of the year! All is good, nothing to see here. Who needs more than that?

In all seriousness, I know there are programs with social security and such, but I don't know exactly who it covers, in any case I wish everyone good luck.

• Haha 2

Semi-lockdown extended for two more weeks, now covers 29 provinces instead of 13

Website-Thumbnail-Set-34.jpg

A man crosses the road on Ratchaprasong intersection in Bangkok on July 12, 2021, on the first day of stricter lockdown restrictions to try to contain the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus. Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has decided to extend current semi-lockdown restrictions, due to expire on Monday, for two more weeks and to expand the COVID-19 “Dark Red” zone provinces put under these restrictions from the current 13 to 29.

The extension and expansion of the semi-lockdown measures came amid continual surges in COVID-19 cases and deaths,  as Thailand recorded 133 more deaths and 18,027 new cases were recorded in Thailand today. According to the CCSA, if the situation does not improve in the next two weeks, the restrictions may be extended until the end of the month.

The 16 new “Dark Red” provinces are Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachin Buri, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lop Buri, Sing Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi and Ang Thong.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lockdown-restrictions-in-29-thai-provinces-extended-to-end-of-august/

Logo-top-.png

• Haha 1

Do these guys even remember what they did last year?

Impose new stay at home orders and watch this thing disappear again.

Do I need to call the PM myself?

Is there a reason why this isn't being done? 

This is a bandaid on a massive head wound. As long as people aren't told to stay home, guess what, they won't!

Lock things down or soon they'll be forced into a Wuhan type lockdown and nobody wants that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

The grid at the bottom of the article appears to be out of date, correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that restaurants in shopping malls may only serve by delivery, that is ordering online with some service like Grab or LineMan delivering from the restaurant to the destination, NOT for in-person take-away orders.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't say 'travel curbs'. That means NOTHING.

Under current travel restrictions for inter province travel you don't even need to list reason.

It's farcical.

I had to go to my provincial immigration office this morning to do my 90 address report [online not working] deep red zone. Around 09:30 roads were as busy as ever?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

Do these guys even remember what they did last year?

Impose new stay at home orders and watch this thing disappear again.

Do I need to call the PM myself?

Is there a reason why this isn't being done? 

This is a bandaid on a massive head wound. As long as people aren't told to stay home, guess what, they won't!

Lock things down or soon they'll be forced into a Wuhan type lockdown and nobody wants that.

Just to be clear, you want to impose a Wuhan type lockdown to avoid imposing a Wuhan type lockdown that nobody wants?   

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I had to go to my provincial immigration office this morning to do my 90 address report [online not working] deep red zone. Around 09:30 roads were as busy as ever?

I'm not up with the actual restrictions.

Yes I'm aware of the curfew.

The inter province travel has me completely confused as it seems possible and easy.

As I type this from my condo Bangkok a couple of Thai here assembling 2 wardrobes from Homepro.

Tomorrow a company coming to pick up and remove 2 lounge room suites.

So seems business as usual in many ways. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Presumably the mall closures will be similar to the rules affecting supermarkets: you can buy food and talcum powder but not light bulbs!

Actually I learned something interesting yesterday. While in Big-C. Apparently there is no legal prohibition against buying items that are roped off. If you summon a staff member and indicate what you want, they can retrieve it for you and you can then pay for it at the register. I did this with a tea kettle as mine flamed out and I can't live without my morning tea !