Looking For Office Space

monkeyofdoom

Hello, I'm starting up a small company and need an office that will fit around 3-8 people at desks. The rent budget is 6000-15000 according to size, location, and state.

It does not need to be in a place that gets people walking by, and it does not need to very fancy, but it should be clean and nice to work in.

I had some ideas about renting a normal townhouse with no furniture, and using the rooms as small separated offices, expanding floor by floor as the number of employees grows. Is that a bad idea for any reason? It seems like a cost efficient solution.

That said, if anyone has seen any signs for 'real' office space for rent in the city or Nimanhemin area, I'd really appreciate a PM about it... Also any links to real estate agents that are good for that kind of thing would be very helpful. Thanks in advance :-)

> I had some ideas about renting a normal townhouse with no furniture, and

> using the rooms as small separated offices, expanding floor by floor as the

> number of employees grows. Is that a bad idea for any reason?

Nothing wrong with that; that was actually our plan until we found out that Pantip's rents are rather reasonable; similar to renting a shophouse, though of course if you need a lot of space then a shophouse will give you more of it.

On the other hand there's advantages to being in a place like Pantip; like that customers/suppliers can easily find it at park in the parking below, there's 24/7 security, loads of toilets that are cleaned for you daily, office/computer supplies and a bank are in the same building and your office 'looks' presentable.. My company is tiny, but people always assumed it was just a sales office there at Pantip, though actually that was all there is. :o That's harder to achieve with a shophouse especially if it needs to be affordable.

Price for the fixtures is negotiable; We're about to rip everything out and leave it as an empty concrete shoebox, just the way it was when we moved in; this would be a bit of a waste as not everything can be re-used. (Though Pantip told us to either take *everything* out, or leave it looking nicely the way it is; they don't want a hole in their building that's only partly ripped.)

Edited by chanchao

You should try to rent behind RAM 2 hospital, plenty of space, 5 floors at 6-7,000 Baht/month. Stayed here since 2001. Grate value for money. It's next to Superhighway on the way to Carrefour (the crossing that goes to Majo University - road 1001) - I'm from Norway, my neighbor from Australia

Edited by MISOLIMA

got more details on that one AT?

Not really, other that it looks really nice and in a great area. The security guard i asked regarding details just stared blankly at me. If you have the time i could show you where exactly.. I took some photos on my new phone but don't have a USB cable that fit's it (knobber).. :o

Not really, other that it looks really nice and in a great area. The security guard i asked regarding details just stared blankly at me. If you have the time i could show you where exactly.. I took some photos on my new phone but don't have a USB cable that fit's it (knobber).. :o

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same one, but there's an office compound on Silimangkalajarn soi 10 or 12 called To Be Rich. The architecture is very modern, and it's 270 B / m2. It has the raw cool factor with bare concrete, exposed elements etc. if you're into that kinda thing. Minimum size at the moment is 28000 B. Sorry, I don't have a phone number, but there's a big Office Space For Rent sign outside that does.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same one, but there's an office compound on Silimangkalajarn soi 10 or 12 called To Be Rich. The architecture is very modern, and it's 270 B / m2. It has the raw cool factor with bare concrete, exposed elements etc. if you're into that kinda thing. Minimum size at the moment is 28000 B. Sorry, I don't have a phone number, but there's a big Office Space For Rent sign outside that does.

Great address:...just send yor money to the "To Be Rich" office complex...and I'll obviosly be rich and you won't !

Where do they get these names from? :D

Great address:...just send yor money to the "To Be Rich" office complex...and I'll obviosly be rich and you won't !

Where do they get these names from? :o

Well, they're Chinese, or Chinese influenced. That's where all the silly names with 'rich', 'fortune', 'lucky', 'golden', 'diamond' and all those come from.

You could write a small computer script to automatically generate Chinese company names by matching those words with a bunch of common nouns based on Chinese astgrology and Feng Shui. :D From a Chinese point of view, there's absolutely nothing wrong with calling your company 'Golden Pig Holdings' or some such.

Avoid avoid that 'be rich' place!

A young bangkok chinese thai businessman named Th...... is involved. The guy is a cheat. I believe he uses this be rich thing to encourage investors to give him their money. His current investment opportunity is a franchise of the Yati Japanese restaurant (the original has only been open a few weeks but he's franchising the opportunity already!!!) and Coffee. he drives a white fortuna with a CMU Law sticker in the side window - he's not a lawyer but he says he is. He has a picture of a very senior policeman that he will show you and describe as a family friend if he needs to scare you.

Edited by Loaded