Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

I referred to a scientific study published by a UK Govt agency that shows from real data that among positive Covid Delta cases, vaxxed people are more than 3x more likely to die than completely unvaxxed ones.

In response you referred me to a non-peer reviewed opinion piece that (clearly) erroneously states:

"Given it's not 100 per cent however, by definition this means people who are vaccinated can still be infected. These breakthrough infections are likely to be much less severe than they would have been had the individual not been vaccinated and they are also less likely to pass it on to others."

The opinion is not supported by the facts I'm afraid.

In the US, 99.5% of Covid deaths in the last 6 months are among the unvaccinated.

You have found one study with a skewed sample. Get over it.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

That might be a fair point if the relationship between strength of lockdown & health outcomes were a straight line, but I rather doubt that it is. Any more than the relationship between vaccination coverage and health outcomes.

The scope and enforcement of a lockdown protects against spread of infections.

Vaccination coverage limits the spread of infections, and saves lives while reducing hospitalizations.

At least, on my planet. I have no idea what is happening on yours.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The scope and enforcement of a lockdown protects against spread of infections.

Vaccination coverage limits the spread of infections, and saves lives while reducing hospitalizations.

At least, on my planet. I have no idea what is happening on yours.

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact I strongly agree.

I'm merely pointing out that the increase in health outcomes does not increase 1-for-1 with either the increase in lockdown measures or, more importantly, with vaccination coverage. In the latter case the evidence to date suggests that, while it's obviously better to have say 50% of your population fully vaxed rather than say 15%, you don't get the spread of infection under control until you have at least 70% coverage and preferably 80% (the so-called herd effect or population immunity).

So no need to be unpleasant.

4 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I am over 70 and in very good health. I am absolutely not going to get an experimental Covid vaccine shot. I will take my chances and if I get Covid, I will build up my immune system to fight it.

It's not compulsory so no need to have vaccination if that's your choice.

BTW when are you planning to build up your immune system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhacsyn said:

On the subject of vaccination below is a first hand report from an ICU physician in the US. It is her view and opinion, there are no numbers but it is what she witnessed and still sees. I have friends in the US who are familiar with the hospital and thankful to the ICU ward.

It is not Thailand but certainly relates to the current Covid and vaccine situation.

(Apologies for the ads...)

https://apple.news/AFaJRQuBFTO6K3onOLmT8tw

Thats a powerful piece. I notice the anti vaxxers are out today so perhaps they should have a read.

26 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I am over 70 and in very good health. I am absolutely not going to get an experimental Covid vaccine shot. I will take my chances and if I get Covid, I will build up my immune system to fight it.

To late to build up your immune system once you get covid but hey good luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Great words for the epitaph on your tombstone.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Screaming said:

And what are you planning to do to protect the people around you or whom you encounter in your daily life? You will be a much greater threat to their health than those who have been fully vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, club said:

Bad news for people that paid for Moderna this year from Richard Barrow  Sorry to say, but private hospitals have started to send out cancellation notices to some people that had paid in advance for the Moderna vaccine. People have 7 days to claim a refund. But they add you can reserve a 2nd generation Moderna vaccine due in April 2022  

I registered and paid on the 5th day of roll out for Moderna.

Your data
has been confirmed, the amount allocated 4 needles
the amount transferred 4,800.00 Transfer
date 30/06/2021 15:04:00

I’m told Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is vaccinating the 60+ age group this week. Apparently quite a few foreigners were vaccinated today which is great to hear. Many others in the queue to be vaccinated. If you have haven’t been vaccinated yet, I hope your turn will come soon.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422927567305068547

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I’m told Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is vaccinating the 60+ age group this week. Apparently quite a few foreigners were vaccinated today which is great to hear. Many others in the queue to be vaccinated. If you have haven’t been vaccinated yet, I hope your turn will come soon.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422927567305068547

What type of vaccine?

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where?

I have been confirmed at MedPark for Pfizer 8/13 and also been allocated moderna vaccine of Chularat Hospital Group. for October.  These sellout within a day or two.

hospital Maid Park

3333 Rama IV Road, Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110

2 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

I have been confirmed at MedPark for Pfizer 8/13 and also been allocated moderna vaccine of Chularat Hospital Group. for October.  These sellout within a day or two.

hospital Maid Park

3333 Rama IV Road, Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110

Good luck 

Perhaps cash refund coming your way.

Time will tell.