Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

BBC News reported that the Delta Variant entered China through Nanjing Airport.

Some cleaners working on a Russian Flight turn round were very lax in their duties.

The Virus as already spread to 15 Provinces and also Beijing, with lockdowns and travel restrictions Etc

( . ! Million areto be tested in Wuhan, because it has got there also.

Yet the boys here can not test near as many, sigh

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

Getting scary, i wonder what the numbers would be if they had got their finger out with vaccines   

In a word, lower. The biggest and scariest thing is what the numbers would be if they got their finger out and actually mass tested.

24 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

My Missus just bought some Clippers for my Hair.

I just suppose I will have to put myself under Anesthetic when she decides my hair is getting too long.

A few Beer Lao dark should do the trick.

I've never had a haircut since day 1, that's why I went blind.

• Haha 1

Government announces “BKK HI Care” for patients in home isolation

A new Covid-19 treatment system called “BKK HI Care” will be introduced in Bangkok to help doctors monitor and care for Covid-19 patients treating themselves at home, a government spokesperson said Wednesday. 

The new system will allow doctors to care for Covid-19 patients within the green and yellow levels of severity in home or community isolation, said Dr Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, the Secretary to the Prime Minister’s Office.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30853/government-announces-bkk-hi-care-for-patients-in-home-isolation/

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Wednesday (August 4) reported 20,200 new COVID-19 cases and 188 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Sad news but it was expected, more sad is the increasing number of deaths.

I have a fear that when the Bangkok level of infection rates start hitting the rural areas where medical attention is less than desired and locals with less than a good level of health the death rates are going to spiral.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

In the land of the smiling Thai cops:

Amnesty International: Thai police fine Amnesty staff member amid crackdown on freedom of expression https://amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2021/08/thai-police-fine-amnesty-staff-member #Thailand

Oh the shame and scorn Thailand will have heaped upon its shoulders. Thailand where real news is viewed as fake and a violation of the emergency Covid decree.

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I had a friend start work at a factory this week, and she had to take a rapid antigen test.

I had a friend in late July who tested positive as did many of her factory colleges, all are in self isolation at home... handful of medication and doctor on call online..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Some cleaners working on a Russian Flight turn round were very lax in their duties.

The Virus as already spread to 15 Provinces and also Beijing, with lockdowns and travel restrictions Etc

9 . 1 Million are to be tested in Wuhan, because it has got there also.

Did the BBC just report what the CCP has said? Fairly sure the BBC reported covid was not human to human transmissable back at the beginning as the CCP said.

Experience in The West shows that Governments have only 2 weapons against the virus.

The only one that seems to work well (but it's early days) is vaccinating at least 70% and preferably 80% of the population.

Meantime - and in badly organized countries that may mean quite a long time - lockdowns have some positive effect, but only if ruthlessly enforced à la chinoise.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Todays Thailand numbers broke the 20k case mark and set a new high, as well as setting a new high for the number of deaths, which is sad.  I am not sure what the story is with the lockdowns as i believe that they will not do the trick as they expect with slowing the cases.  My reasoning with this is the folks in the dark red zones, which now numbers 29 provinces, can still travel interprovincially with impunity going there and back while still transmitting the virus and infection.  Until they actually stop this type of activity then we will continue to see cases rise especially out in the provinces.  One only has to look to the North East and Issan to see the growth.  I also know that the vaccinations are not reaching out to some of those smaller areas which are seeing the cases, this may be anecdotal evidence, but family and friends living in a few of the smaller villages in Udon Thani have told me that no matter how hard they try to become vaccinated they can not get an appointment and are told "Mai Mi".  It is not for a lack of trying that many of the expats I know in the north can not get vaccinated, it is truly one of supply.  Why Buriram will be getting some of the Pfizer vaccine is beyond my understanding when there are others who desperately need it worse then those that have been vaccinated need it for a booster.

Will the vaccines pick up with more being delivered, well that folks is the 64K dollar question.  The new relaxation of mall restaurants in Bangkok and the other dark red provinces being able to open and deliver food is a nice touch to help those folks out.  Rent on store fronts and their shops still have to be paid and by being completely closed there is no way they could stay afloat, well maybe the bigger chains could, but not the smaller ones.  Delivery versus takeaway is another issue, and it appears the mall food locations are back to what they were a year ago, you can order from a desk in the main lobby and then wait for it to be delivered to that location instead of waiting in front of the restaurant itself.

Stay safe folks and be ever vigilant.  Hopefully there will be a calm on the horizon in the next few months.

Your worrying too much, Mr Anutin said all is OK and the PM said  it will all be over in 4 weeks, surely the government would'nt lie to us.????

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

9 . 1 Million are to be tested in Wuhan, because it has got there also.

Som nam na

Sincerely 

MORRIS

13 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Experience in The West shows that Governments have only 2 weapons against the virus.

The only one that seems to work well (but it's early days) is vaccinating at least 70% and preferably 80% of the population.

Meantime - and in badly organized countries that may mean quite a long time - lockdowns have some positive effect, but only if ruthlessly enforced à la chinoise.

You.ve been following Oz news too! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Any know when Soi Cowboy will open?

Need to travel to Bangkok for visa issues in October and wonder if the girls will be back on stage doing the 'Bangkok Shuffle' by then.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex DJ, Speaks Thai, Laos

You have asked this previously in another thread.

Answer: possible. My thinking doubtful.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

From what I remember salons/hairdressers were closed. Missus wasn't happy. 

My regular place in Pattaya was never shut but it is now. There's four others in the same Soi all closed, just checked again now. I'll try the ones on Soi Buakhao tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rott said:

My regular place in Pattaya was never shut but it is now. There's four others in the same Soi all closed, just checked again now. I'll try the ones on Soi Buakhao tomorrow. 

Yep ,Soi Bucket’ all closed..unless you can combine it with a massage!

• Sad 1