Condo front door propped open despite masked requirements inside building

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I've never seen anyone in my condo leaving their door open. But then again, I think that's because that's their preference, not due to any enforceable regulation that says that they need to keep their doors shut.

Our doors start beeping if you don't close them. Haven't seen any regulation (not saying there isn't one) on it but at the same time I've never seen any of the doors open.

Maybe OP could keep his doors open and tell neighbour that he has COVID and air flow helps him breathe easier. Add some coughs to make it more convincing...

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Put rubbish bin by your open door, put open jar of plala and durian (or whatever else that stinks terribly you can find) and set up fan so it blow the air out of your room and into his. If you're smoker, puff right next to door to ensure that smoke goes into his room. Refuse to close the door.

Silly. Don't you realise that the smells will permeate the whole corridor and other people's rooms? 

Edited by Card

17 minutes ago, Card said:

Cooling rooms down can be done with fans or a/c. I never leave my door open, I respect my neighbours. My door does not completely stop loud noise or cooking smells coming in from the corridor. In any case why should people have to walk down a smelly corridor every day just because of one inconsiderate fool? Keeping condo doors propped open is a clear case of no right and no responsibility.

I agree.

But be careful.  You don't want to escalate this to a confrontation.

Perhaps with all this pandemic stuff there may be a nicer condo for a reasonable price in a higher quality condominium that doesn't permit this.

Prices are dirt cheap for rentals at the moment.

Good luck!

22 minutes ago, Card said:

Cooling rooms down can be done with fans or a/c. I never leave my door open, I respect my neighbours. My door does not completely stop loud noise or cooking smells coming in from the corridor. In any case why should people have to walk down a smelly corridor every day just because of one inconsiderate fool? Keeping condo doors propped open is a clear case of no right and no responsibility.

Well, no. Fans don’t cool rooms. Leaving your door open does in fact work, but see my above post. You just… can’t….

28 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Our doors start beeping if you don't close them. Haven't seen any regulation (not saying there isn't one) on it but at the same time I've never seen any of the doors open.

Maybe OP could keep his doors open and tell neighbour that he has COVID and air flow helps him breathe easier. Add some coughs to make it more convincing...

Those beeping doors.

Sounds like his condo is lower end.  You get what you pay for unfortunately.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Not  in a  condo  block it isnt, next  he'll  have the tv  on blaring  all day.

Maybe a crack but not wide open.

That and leaving shoe's in the common walkway.

Very ghetto.

I heard of a guy who felt the same way as you, his name was Howard Hughes, a real “germ freak” used to lock himself up in luxury hotels taking the whole floor so wouldn’t have neighbours germs to worry about????

C53B2062-B3BF-4211-B634-4F40C1E7A27D.jpeg

• Like 1