Where would you choose to be for the next 12 months? If you could be Whisked Off on a Magic Carpet, all expenses paid, Where would you Be?

5 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

That was his point.  When you're dredging up The Two Ronnies, Monty Puthon, Billy Connolly...
Back in the day, we had all some of us been away from the Old Country for a bit of a while, and one of our visiting compatriots brought a video tape, or a DVD or one a gramophone record or whatever was in vogue at the time, of a show that he assured us was the canine cobblers of current British humour - it was called "The Fast Show", if you are old enough to remember that.   

I am with Oldhippy.  British humour was dead then, and Dr Frankenstein could not have revived it.  A ad rehash of old stereotypes, without the humour of archaic nostalgia.

If you want British humour, ask your grandad.

16 hours ago, DBath said:

I really liked KLM, had never flown them before. I love those little houses they give you at the end of the flight. Each one (there are 85 or so) is fashioned after an actual home. In the US Delta is hands-down the best airline by far. Internationally, I’ve only flown Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Korean Air and United. I’ve found Cathay Pacific were far superior compared to all of the US Airlines I’ve flown (and I’ve flown all of them).  FYI, I’m an American (please forgive me for that), but I know great when I see/feel it.

I too liked Cathay, but I needed non stop from the UK to LOS, so it was Thai every time for me.

Perhaps BA flew non stop, but after one flight with them I swore to never, ever fly BA again. I'd have flown Emirates, except they stopped on the way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Boracay, Philippines if it were the same as 15 years ago.  Waded from the boat onto the beach with your bag, no boat pier.   Would love to go back if it were the same as it was then. 

Agree. I almost went in the 90s, but had discovered LOS and didn't go anywhere else. The Philippine nurses I worked with recommended it. However, I saw a photo of it pre corona and could hardly see the sand for the horde.

I think they had to close it to tourists because they had destroyed it.

11 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

That was his point.  When you're dredging up The Two Ronnies, Monty Puthon, Billy Connolly...
Back in the day, we had all some of us been away from the Old Country for a bit of a while, and one of our visiting compatriots brought a video tape, or a DVD or one a gramophone record or whatever was in vogue at the time, of a show that he assured us was the canine cobblers of current British humour - it was called "The Fast Show", if you are old enough to remember that.   

I am with Oldhippy.  British humour was dead then, and Dr Frankenstein could not have revived it.  A ad rehash of old stereotypes, without the humour of archaic nostalgia.

If you want British humour, ask your grandad.

British humour, when it was funny, was very NOT PC. Along with everything fun it's been banned by the woke establishment.

People IMO don't laugh anymore, at least not like we used to, when my sides actually hurt from laughing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I too liked Cathay, but I needed non stop from the UK to LOS, so it was Thai every time for me.

Perhaps BA flew non stop, but after one flight with them I swore to never, ever fly BA again. I'd have flown Emirates, except they stopped on the way.

I only flew Thai Airways once, 2 years ago, during my first trip to Thailand; BKK to Koh Chang via Trat. It was a small plane, but the food was better than anything I've ever had on a US domestic flight in coach that was served on a pre-packaged tray - and for a 40 minute flight!

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

British humour, when it was funny, was very NOT PC. Along with everything fun it's been banned by the woke establishment.

People IMO don't laugh anymore, at least not like we used to, when my sides actually hurt from laughing.

Word...my brother.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To understand the extremes of the "woke establishment" or PC behaviour, you only need to look  back at the extremes of the pre-woke establishment, or, more simply, talk with a muslim.

The extremes of the "woke establishment" and PC rules are ridiculous, but surely you have heard of the universal law of Action and Reaction.

Personally I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Correct poke fun at everything. Thats real comedy!!!@

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Yeah ok

I’m glad you agree. Hopefully that marks the end of our conversation, though you seem the type who must always have the last word. So feel free to make a closing statement. 

Just don’t expect me to reply, okay?????

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

To understand the extremes of the "woke establishment" or PC behaviour, you only need to look  back at the extremes of the pre-woke establishment, or, more simply, talk with a muslim.

The extremes of the "woke establishment" and PC rules are ridiculous, but surely you have heard of the universal law of Action and Reaction.

Personally I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

What I find fascinating, if not confusing, is back in the day it was always the leftists crying and whining about freedom of speech. Yet today, it seems they’re the ones dead set on squashing it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DBath said:

I’m glad you agree. Hopefully that marks the end of our conversation, though you seem the type who must always have the last word. So feel free to make a closing statement. 

Just don’t expect me to reply, okay?????

Strange. You say you dont care then keep responding lol

7 minutes ago, DBath said:

What I find fascinating, if not confusing, is back in the day it was always the leftists crying and whining about freedom of speech. Yet today, it seems they’re the ones dead set on squashing it. 

1960s lefties were hippies who enjoyed life

2020 lefties are just whiners who hate everything

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

1960s lefties were hippies who enjoyed life

2020 lefties are just whiners who hate everything

Well, perhaps I was wrong about you. This is certainly a step in the right direction. 

8 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Perhaps you have no idea about me lol

I have no doubt. I know very little about you and likewise you about me.

I often try to make that point with those whom I’ve only shared a few snarky comments.

That’s two things we agree on…we’re on a roll!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

1960s hippies climate yeah man lets get high

2020 lets shut down all the factories and scream climate murder

Modern left are mad.

True, I was in early middle school during the 60’s with friends who had brothers fighting in Vietnam. Then you had the whole “flower child” thing going on. 

Fast-forward to now and you have, well, it’s just whacky, BATSHlT craziness from the left. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DBath said:

True, I was in early middle school during the 60’s with friends who had brothers fighting in Vietnam. Then you had the whole “flower child” thing going on. 

Fast-forward to now and you have, well, it’s just whacky, BATSHlT craziness from the left. 

Hendrix

Stones

Marley

Vs climate change nutters who listen to Katie Perry lol

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm half Brit, half Yank, and funny....

Many people have told me I'm a half wit.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Hendrix

Stones

Marley

Vs climate change nutters who listen to Katie Perry lol

What a bunch of safe-space seeking snowflakes...relating to them - for me - is hopeless. Then sometimes I think, was it like this for my parents and grandparents? Did they think the same way about some of the things my generation did? I can't imagine it could have been this bad for them. 

As far as Hendrix and The Stones...still the best - along with a few others from that era.

Edited by DBath

5 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

I'm half Brit, half Yank, and funny....

Many people have told me I'm a half wit.

Don't listen to them, just be you!

My ex-boss is British and we've become quite good friends over the years. I hated working for him, but we always have a gut-splitting time when we get together for beers or whatever. We always managed to maintain our friendship, even now that I'm retired. Few friends have I ever had who are as loyal as that guy.

I can remember when I dated my first wife we used to watch Monty Python Saturday nights at her parents house and is was great - those are some good memories. I wish I could say the same about being married to her...

• Haha 1