One 90 day report (mail) experience

I'm waiting for mine, sent on 15 July.

A couple of months ago I asked a Certificate of Residence and after a few days they called me to say that they couldn't send it because the post office was temporarily closed, so I had to collect it in person.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Immigration replaced my EMS sticker with their own, so not possible to track.

I’ve had this too. It mostly to do with the Thai Post moving to a EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) system and away from manually entered data.  That’s why the new thermal post labels come with a system generated EMS tracking number… 

but.. I do know the “old” orange/blue EMS barcoded stickers are still acceptable… but I don’t THINK they making them anymore. a few of my nearby POs are out and have consistently told me that they’re not available any more and the only way to get a tracking number is the use of the thermal postal printer.

What i’ve asked is how does one send a post pre-paid envelope WITH ems as I’ve been told that if you use the thermal postage process, the item is supposed to be posted at that time, and not later.

12 minutes ago, new2here said:

What i’ve asked is how does one send a post pre-paid envelope WITH ems as I’ve been told that if you use the thermal postage process, the item is supposed to be posted at that time, and not later.

When I did my reports by mail the post office here would not do the label since the sending post office for the return envelope would have a different postal code. They just sold us stamps to put on the envelope. I then put EMS in big red letter under the stamps.

16 hours ago, new2here said:

I’ve had this too. It mostly to do with the Thai Post moving to a EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) system and away from manually entered data.  That’s why the new thermal post labels come with a system generated EMS tracking number… 

Three reports ago Imm replaced my EMS sticker, with their own orange sticker placed over mine.

The next two reports they left my orange EMS stickers intact.

The most recent report, received yesterday, had a new all-white (thermal/EDI?) EMS sticker, placed directly over the orange sticker my post office affixed to the return envelope. It was generated at 10215, which shows as the Government Complex Post Office at CW. 

Maybe that facility will not process items now unless they have a locally-generated bar-code EMS sticker?

My post office affixes the stamps, 37 baht and their EMS sticker, on my return envelope and then the places that envelope in the larger, outbound one. They often ask if I want to take a photograph. They seem familiar with this process. I'll continue to the let them handle things unless advised otherwise.

Obviously I'd prefer the on-line method but that hasn't worked for me since 2019 (worked fine ~ 11 times prior) when I got a new passport. The issue is that if you wait until you're in the on-line window, you then may run afoul of the 15-day pre-mailing "suggestion" at CW? I have an annual ext/stay before my next 90-day report is due, so I may delay mailing a few days, and try on-line. Hopefully I can  get back on that horse.

The issue is that if you wait until you're in the on-line window, you then may run afoul of the 15-day pre-mailing "suggestion" at CW? I have an annual ext/stay before my next 90-day report is due, so I may delay mailing a few days, and try on-line.

Can't you try both ways? Why not go ahead and mail in a 90 day report right at 15 days and then also try the online the next day during the 7 to 14 day online window?

The issue is that if you wait until you're in the on-line window, you then may run afoul of the 15-day pre-mailing "suggestion" at CW? I have an annual ext/stay before my next 90-day report is due, so I may delay mailing a few days, and try on-line. Hopefully I can  get back on that horse.

Bangkok immigration does not normally enforce their mailing it at least 15 day before rule. If they get it by the real receipt of it 7 days before the report date rule it will be processed.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Why not go ahead and mail in a 90 day report right at 15 days and then also try the online the next day during the 7 to 14 day online window?

The 7 days before rule was eliminated over a year ago. It can be done up to the report date now. This is what the online report site terms and conditions state now.

"Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )"

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The 7 days before rule was eliminated over a year ago. Itcan be done up to the report date now. This is what the online report site terms and conditions state now.

"Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )"

Thanks. I didn't know about the change. I stopped using the online system when I got my new passport in April 2019. I have been using mail ever since, because I've not gone out of the country since then and returned to get on the 90 day database. And, in fact, for my next report, I was planning to do exactly what I suggested above: mail in a 90 day report on the edge of the 15 day before deadline and then try the online in the next day or two. I've read that you suddenly started being able to use the 90 day and thought it worth it to try myself next time.

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Thanks. I didn't know about the change. I stopped using the online system when I got my new passport in April 2019.

You should try online reporting again.

They changed the system last year. I was able to do a online report for the first time last year with a old entry and a new passport (2012).

• Thanks 1