COVID recoveries outnumber new cases in Thailand for second day running

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Doubt what, that they will run out of vaccines?.  Well that is something that we might see, but then we have no idea how many vaccine doses are on hand at this point, and if they are doing 500k a day then that's 2500+ for the week knowing the weekends dip down, and without knowing what's on hand (could be 6 million, could be more, could be less) then that gives them a 2 week window before another 6 million would be needed.  We know it will not be Pfizer except for the small amount donated by the US, as that order, the one Anutin made is who knows where, so its more Sinovac, Sinopharm and who knows how much AZ as the numbers have been scarce on those for awhile.

Correct. You have no idea how many they have on hand as nor do I.

You guess they will run out, I doubt they will. 

Just another glass half empty/glass half full scenario. 

No problem with that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Another great effort. Aside from weekends, seems they are now able to consistently able to manage over 500,000 doses/ day. 

That is indeed a nice effort and the only way to get out of this trap. Vaccinate. In my country we did around a million plus per week. Thailand is about 4 times as big so not bad at all. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is indeed a nice effort and the only way to get out of this trap. Vaccinate. In my country we did around a million plus per week. Thailand is about 4 times as big so not bad at all. 

They are proving everyone, even the most pessimistic doubters wrong  and let’s hope for everyone’s sake it continues and give credit where it’s due

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

They are proving everyone, even the most pessimistic doubters wrong  and let’s hope for everyone’s sake it continues and give credit where it’s due

It all depends on how many vaccines they have. So far they have handled this worse then I expected. I never expected these numbers and these deaths and I was pretty negative about the government. 

Now 500k a day for vaccination is great but depends a bit on how many they have.  Still the fact that they can do so many a day is positive to say the least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 57: 332,299

DAY 58: 379,271

DAY 59: 383,607

DAY 60: 670,834

DAY 61: 647,571

DAY 62: 198,527 <— Saturday

DAY 63: 191,145 <— Sunday

DAY 64: 501,330

DAY 65: 546,844

TOTAL: 17,617,433 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1425331561986097159

All looks very nice but how much of this is Sinovac?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This may put Thailand's vaccination rate into some perspective. 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Screenshot (415).png

Must be out of date as the UK has reached 75% now. Edit: see now up to the 9th. 
Also worth noting how Thailand has progressively climbed up the group over the past few months from being bottom of the pile in March. 

Edited by Kadilo

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nearly 130,000 doses of Pfizer vaccine have been administered

From February 28 to August 9, Thailand administered more than 21 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine, with 10.26 million being Sinovac, 9.23 million AstraZeneca, 1.54 million Sinopharm and 129,834 Pfizer, which were recently donated by the United States, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) revealed on Tuesday.

“The DDC insists that all medical professionals who fit the criteria will receive Pfizer as a booster shot. The allotment and delivery of the vaccine are all documented and verifiable,” he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004499

Let us hope that the infrastructure is such that accurate records are being kept of which vaccine has been given, when, and to whom -- and that there will be sufficient supplies for the Second Dose to be appropriately given!

Of course, it may be beneficial for the Second Dose to be a different vaccine from the First -- or it may not be beneficial!

Anyway, has a Second Dose been planned for?

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Also worth noting how Thailand has progressively climbed up the group over the past few months from being bottom of the pile in March. 

Maybe the climbing from 117 to 36 in the past few months on the world covid chatrs is something you should think about. Don't hear you saying anything about that.

• Like 1

a thai guy that i know (works/worked as a DJ on cowboy) got an appt for vaccine at emporium bkk tomorrow.  supposedly astra.  said he signed up yesterday.  in his 40's with no underlying conditions.  i haven't been following who is eligible all that closely but it seems like a good sign that 'healthy' thais in their 40's are getting the vaccine now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Wednesday (August 11) reported 21,038 new COVID-19 cases and 207 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Bangkok is still showing a high incidence of infections, especially in workplaces... 

either workers or employees still being lax with safety measures.

Death rate I think will rise dramatically as it impacts the more rural areas where residents are less than healthy and the health care system is less than than desired..

5 minutes ago, buick said:

a thai guy that i know (works/worked as a DJ on cowboy) got an appt for vaccine at bkk tomorrow.  supposedly astra.  said he signed up yesterday.  in his 40's with no underlying conditions.  i haven't been following who is eligible all that closely but it seems like a good sign that 'healthy' thais in their 40's are getting the vaccine now.

Subject to ALL the health workers, those over 60 yrs and those with UHC have all been fully vaccinated yes, I would call that a good sign.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Maybe the climbing from 117 to 36 in the past few months on the world covid chatrs is something you should think about. Don't hear you saying anything about that.

is that cases ?  i see thailand at 145 in deaths per million of population.  i think most would agree that is the most important number.  if the thai number of 97 doubles, still will not crack the top 100.  you need 1,000 to get near top 50.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

22 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

This is from today. Not what I would call that out of date.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Screenshot (417).png

• Thanks 1

Just now, buick said:

is that cases ?  i see thailand at 145 in deaths per million of population.  i think most would agree that is the most important number.  if the thai number of 97 doubles, still will not crack the top 100.  you need 1,000 to get near top 50.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

Look over the past two months about deaths and see if you change your opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

The number of Covid-19 cases in Southeast Asia crossed 8.21 million, with 94,201 new cases reported on Tuesday, way higher than Monday’s tally of 80,208. #Asean #COVID19 #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40004495

Asean sees over 94,000 new Covid-19 cases

Doesn't seem to be any pattern to the deaths...Indonesia is a seeming outlier. 

6 minutes ago, welshguy said:

I hope though, that by the recent upsurge in the govt. finally giving out more vaccines, the end is in sight. My opinion only of course!

Dont get carried away over the vaccines my brother in law had his first jab a couple of weeks ago but his second one is not until October and he works in a government department 

13 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Some baiting posts of a stalking nature have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Posting negative emoticons repeatedly on a certain member's posts also classifies as stalking.  If the certain members do not desist from these baiting/stalking tactics, warnings will be issued.  This behavior has been going on too long.

Thank you. 

Edited by dinsdale