Bangkok protests: Thousands of marbles and slingshots seized by police in park next to Central World

webfact

6 hours ago, robblok said:

No they are not but it does show that both sides are responsible for the violence. Unless this is false flag of course dropped here by the government. 

Yes, whose protectors just happened to find the haul unguarded and abandoned by the protesters. Why would they do that?

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Strange that the police, who were manning the roads, just happen to 'trip' over the black bag and look inside.

Unless, of course, they were told where to look by the Royalist supporter who planted them there?

Just a thought.

Aside from all these current and deceptive activities, the new cycle of demonstrations might suggest that the powers that be will be looking to reintroduce the practice and protocol of the "Secret and Unspoken Disappearing Policies" 

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

If the protestors can show that they are not using these things fine but I am sure based on past protests that there are idiots in the protest...

There.

It is not for the protesters to prove anything. It is for the courts to determine innocence or guilt.  It is not reported if the old bill found anyone with or near the alleged haul, therefore it was nothing to do with anyone. I would think, if it was worth it, a lengthy and expensive investigation could determine who handled and bought the alleged haul. But, as far as I know it is not illegal to buy them, or use them for the purpose for which they were designed.

Then, intent to use them for purposes other than which they were designed or sold would have to be proven. It would have been better for the police to watch over the haul and see who came to collect them and use them for such purposes, if this was the case.

Innocent until proven guilty, and due process, please.

Edited by Scott Tracy
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

There are to my knowledge no rubber bullets used against peaceful protesters.

You should have a look at Twitter. Many videos of Police violence against protesters. Water cannon, tear gas, rubber bullets, battons. Take your pick:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/whatshappeninginthailand?src=hashtag_click

Edited by hanuman2543

8 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

Ouch.  It's all good fun until someone loses an eye.

I once shot down a pigeon in a warehouse, mid-flight, with the type of slingshot that uses a wrist brace.  The steel shot went straight through the pigeon.  Those things are no joke.

Was it taken away also?

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Please cast your mind back to last year.

Most protests were peaceful. Certainly for the earlier protests.

The police used rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannon (shooting liquid containing 'irritants') from the very first large protest.

After a few peaceful protests (police still using rubber bullets) Covid and the emergency laws stopped further protests.

When the protests restarted, they were mostly peaceful but quickly turned into less peaceful as the police, again, became more violent.

This does not take into account the Royalists that were not peaceful. At least one was carrying a loaded weapon and he discharged it. Then there were the undercover police/military that were mixing with the peaceful protesters. All in T shirts and trousers but with military haircuts and boots.

Yes, some protesters have become less peaceful. As I said earlier, kick a peaceful dog often enough and it will eventually bite you.

The best people to keep the protests peaceful (the leaders) are now all in jail.

Sadly this is going to get worse.

Water canons were not used before October 16th last year, by that time demonstrations were not allowed due to emergency decree, i.e. assembly of more than four people. There water cannons were used for the first time, which the police was criticized for, as the demonstrants seek cover for heavy monsoon rain instead of dissolve the assembly.

It was rather from November with demonstrations in front of the new parliament building that the situation began to escalate from both sides.

A peaceful demonstration is far more powerful than street fighting, and the latter risk a huge dog to wake up; it would be preferred to keep it sleeping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Tracy said:

There.

It is not for the protesters to prove anything. It is for the courts to determine innocence or guilt.  It is not reported if the old bill found anyone with or near the alleged haul, therefore it was nothing to do with anyone. I would think, if it was worth it, a lengthy and expensive investigation could determine who handled and bought the alleged haul. But, as far as I know it is not illegal to buy them, or use them for the purpose for which they were designed.

Then, intent to use them for purposes other than which they were designed or sold would have to be proven. It would have been better for the police to watch over the haul and see who came to collect them and use them for such purposes, if this was the case.

Innocent until proven guilty, and due process, please.

Admirable, indeed. 

Yet, you fail to understand how things really work here.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

You should have a look at Twitter. Many videos of Police violence against protesters. Water cannon, tear gas, rubber bullets, battons. Take your pick:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/whatshappeninginthailand?src=hashtag_click

I think you are misunderstanding me, I say if the demonstrants act peacefully, no rubber bullets will be used.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Water canons were not used before October 16th last year, by that time demonstrations were not allowed due to emergency decree, i.e. assembly of more than four people. There water cannons were used for the first time, which the police was criticized for, as the demonstrants seek cover for heavy monsoon rain instead of dissolve the assembly.

It was rather from November with demonstrations in front of the new parliament building that the situation began to escalate from both sides.

A peaceful demonstration is far more powerful than street fighting, and the latter risk a huge dog to wake up; it would be preferred to keep it sleeping.

An even more preferable practice might be to live one's protest. 

Historically, it works.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Wonder when the looting will start to happen. That's how they protest in the US. Burn and loot.

I have my T SHIRT  printed ,  ready for action :  Baksida Lives Matter !