Thailand reports highs for new COVID-19 cases and recoveries

webfact

The 5,495 COVID patients listed in critical condition also set a new record high today, surpassing the prior record of 5,450 from two days ago. It also was an increase of 88 from yesterday.

Critical cases:

Aug. 12 -- 5,495

July 12 -- 2,895

The 1,103 COVID patients on ventilators is the second highest number ever, surpassed only by the 1,106 of two days ago.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

It appears that Thailand will soon become a member of the 1 million infections club. Any bets on what that will occur? I'm guessing the 19th of August...

18th.....

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, buick said:

i've been paying pretty close attention to the 'peak callers' and the last one i remember was a fine, honorable gentleman that has the patent on 'artifact'.   that was a long time ago.  maybe i missed a few along the way.  but i consider myself to be one of the most 'rosy' at this point.

i'm in the peak is coming soon camp.  following the projection of a thai official who suggested a peak in approx two weeks.  that was nearly two weeks ago.  let's see how things look mid week (due to odd weekend counts) next week.  i'm focused more on deaths than cases.  we still have alot more deaths to go on the way down, but maybe we'll see a peak in the 7 day, daily average over the next week or two.

Some historical revisionism here:

Back in late April, there was a peak, followed by a period of weeks where the daily numbers moved within a narrow corridor. That’s when there was a limited number of clusters in Bangkok, and it was possible that the authorities could eliminate them. I believe by June, there were only 32 infections in all of Isaan.

Then, Delta came along and everything went into the toilet. We’ll never know if the April wave could have been ramped down.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

With the MOPH numbers of infected being some 23,782, combined with the ATK tests that are 3,673 that makes a total of some 27,455 cases.

This means the Virus is actually gaining momentum from about 1 week ago when on the path I predicted then from its previous 2 week path 30,000 cases would be reached by 16th August.

It looks very much at this stage the number of 30,000 is going to breach sooner than the 16 th which means an Infection increase.

It’s not hard to declare that the virus is gaining momentum when the daily numbers are the highest ever.

Grim guidelines from the BMA on the handling of deceased COVID patients:

"The situation of COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a large number of infected people an increased deaths. As COVID-19 is a contagious disease, management of the bodies of deceased persons with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 must be done with caution.

Therefore,

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has set guidelines for handling the bodies of those who died from COVID-19 for cemetery and crematorium workers so that they can work properly without risk of infection and prevent the spread of pathogens to go outside with the following steps:..."

When listening to the chant for blessing the dead person, all attendees must have their temperature checked and screened. Everyone must wear sanitary face masks, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer gel to wash their hands, and apply social distancing between people. The number of days to perform the ritual must be limited as deemed necessary.

https://www.facebook.com/prbangkok/posts/3732822250150702

2021-08-12f.thumb.jpg.ae48100d65041297cc24d5f0f81dd2f1.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Non-infectious, and not requiring hospitalization... is the typical meaning worldwide... not sure if Thailand has an additional spin on that (not necessarily fully recovered, and may never be if they were in the unlucky group with 'long covid').

Worldwide includes LOL ?

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can someone explain exactly what "recoveries" mean in these daily released figures? 

Yes, I would also like to know.

Kicked out of hospital for whatever reason=recovery percurrent regime, or actual medical fitness per doctors?

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Thursday

Total: 22,774

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158196030507050

image.png.977f2d1809bfc22c879ffea68e268acc.png

Under reporting yesterdays figures for Kanchanaburi again. Late last night they were released as 689 by the local authorities but only reported as 200 above.

https://www.facebook.com/276275726406361/posts/739990586701537/?app=fbl

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Under reporting yesterdays figures for Kanchanaburi again. Late last night they were released as 689 by the local authorities but only reported as 200 above.

https://www.facebook.com/276275726406361/posts/739990586701537/?app=fbl

Maybe they are truly reporting the combined cases, unlike the country itself, and the total you see is those tested via PCR testing and then those positive from an ATK rapid test.  I can hope that's what they are doing and why the numbers differ.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe they are truly reporting the combined cases, unlike the country itself, and the total you see is those tested via PCR testing and then those positive from an ATK rapid test.  I can hope that's what they are doing and why the numbers differ.

I'm inclined to agree with you on that and can see no reason not to have a single total including both PCR and ATK +ves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Thursday (August 12) reported 22,782 new COVID-19 cases and 147 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Numbers are steadily creeping up, I don't think the full impact of this has peaked, the rural numbers haven't spiked yet.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Artie Fact is on vacation and only shows up when he wants to it seems......numbers are what it is, and his numbers are pulled from a magicians hat, or is it more like Carnac the Magnificent.

He could possibly be referring to Joseph Pujol aka Le Petomane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Pétomane

No, hang on... he was a farty act.

4 hours ago, club said:

It should still be considered active if you were sent home from hospital but are still testing positive with mild symptoms. Full recovery is a negative test with no Symptoms. Think about it

Do you realise that what they're testing for remains detectable long after it ceases to be an active infection?

• Like 1

I only think about that its not safe to go to thailand there times.I left bangkok 2 months ago,and that was  a good idea.My wife and her daugther stay safe in bangkok,means they just stay in the apartment and order food via foodpanda.I had plan to go back in october,but i realize thats not gana happend.

My wife agree that its better i stay home until everything is ok in thailand again.I dont want to spend alot of money for qarantene hotel again and after being locked up in the apartment.