Local hospitals open registration for Pfizer vaccination among 12-18 year-olds and at-risk groups

webfact

te.jpg

Provincial hospitals throughout Thailand have opened up registration for Pfizer vaccines to at-risk groups and adolescents.

This including children aged between 12-18 years old, those who are 12 weeks pregnant or more, those who are aged 60 years and older, and those whose house registrations are in the districts of the hospitals.

The vaccines have been made available after Thailand received an additional 700,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine from the US.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/31262/local-hospitals-open-registration-for-pfizer-vaccination-among-12-18-year-olds-and-at-risk-groups/

ti.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

"This including children aged between 12-18 years old, those who are 12 weeks pregnant or more, those who are aged 60 years and older, and those whose house registrations are in the districts of the hospitals."

So to break this down:

1. Over 60s - check

2. 12 weeks pregnant - check

3. Adolescents??? - do they die from Covid like the old and sick?

4. "those whose house registrations are in the districts of the hospitals" - so like anybody in that region (in particular the VIPs?)

5. Underlying conditions - where??

• Like 1

In the U.S. anyway, Pfizer is the only vaccine approved for 12-18 year olds.

There's got to be what, ~6 million in this age group? 350,000? Not sneezing here but my bucket still only has a drop or two in it.

I guess the regime feels like they need to do something in this age group, so using their one single bullet against a herd of elephants in musth charging. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mikebell said:

'Chonburi province has opened a service for vaccination against COVID-19 (Pfizer first dose) for patients in the target groups with house registration in Ban Bueng District only.' 

This 78 yr old is waiting for someone to take pity on Bang Lamung district.

AZ Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, scroll up, 2nd topic of the day.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The vaccines have been made available after Thailand received an additional 700,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine from the US.

This additional 700,000 is obviously able to reproduce itself as it seems to be being used for many different groups of people, medics and frontliners, expats, (oh I think that they have now been struck off the list as there were only 45,000 who registered!), the elderly, the vulnerable, children, those who have already been double vaccinated with Sinovac etc.  But clearly it is too unstable to ship to Isaan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sungod said:

AZ Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, scroll up, 2nd topic of the day.

How do I get on it?  I read the story.  I registered on line with BKK/Pattaya Hospital. Four friends drove to Bangkok but only one got done.  The other 3 went to Sri Racha but got turned away as they were not local and their eyes were too big.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My GF is still waiting to he vaccinated like many others who are between 30 and 60 here in BKK and throughout the country, but hey let's vaccinate the children before them. What the... .

This is opening the registration for children..... I think we know how long it will take for them to get to that inoculation stage and your girlfriend will hopefully have already been jabbed???

Edited by ThaIrish Sean
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

How do I get on it?  I read the story.  I registered on line with BKK/Pattaya Hospital. Four friends drove to Bangkok but only one got done.  The other 3 went to Sri Racha but got turned away as they were not local and their eyes were too big.

Dont understand why you cant get on, I know 4 old farangs on my moo bahn alone who had their first shot of AZ last week. Keep badgering them I suppose.

I don't understand.. Vaccination for 60 and older and people with underlying diseases I agree,

but kids and adolescents giving Pfizer and they can register although there are only a few infected, I don't understand.

I don't understand why the working group 20-59 is passed and have to wait for.....???? Sinovac?? Sinopharm?? Maybe left overs of Pfizer??? Maybe never coming Johnson and Johnson??? 

I understand very good that he one charge don't have a clue how to solve the Covid 19 problems

8 minutes ago, law ling said:

Children suddenly getting a mention ... I wonder if it will turn out that the vast majority of receipents (of this very limited supply) are the children of generals, hi-sos and the well-connected.

Most will get Sinopharm I think.   Those who are connected and/or can afford it will get Pfizer.    Although some like to think that times change.... one's ticket class still doesn't change just because the Titanic is sinking. 

In Thailand I read there are roughly 5 Million 12-18 year olds that will require 2 doses = 10 million doses of Pfizer. Perhaps this 700,000 doses is for a trial on (As Anutin calls them...) "yellow-skinned" kids.

“The manufacturer of Sinovac vaccine is planning to register the vaccine for use in children aged over three years," Anutin said. "Once the registration is completed, we would immediately inoculate children in this age group as we would already have the vaccine in stock,” he added.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/06/12/thailand-children-aged-12-18-years-to-get-pfizer-vaccine-in-fourth-quarter-as-cases-keep-surging-in-country-and-tops-193000

7 hours ago, Heng said:

Anyone seen the registration links for these yet?  (for children)   How fast they handle that will determine the reopening of schools timeline.    

As if registration is in any way even remotely connected to being vaccinated.

These are just like the mythical snipe hunt and unicorns; for entertainment purposes only.

Until there are vaccines truly available such things are a waste of time and emotion.

10 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Of course they do, that's where the recruitment will come from in the future to keep them in power.

They might be in for a big shock in the future, today's kids are a bit more savvy and with access to more than Thai social media.