Three million more doses of Sinovac vaccine arrive in Thailand from China

webfact

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

no

You are wrong. It is accepted by some countries. Here are the details: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

The problem is to get the hands on the certificate in Thailand. In my case, I was vaccinated with Sinovac and month later with AZ (working in education sector) and now after a month since my last vaccination I still didn't receive the certificate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

You are wrong. It is accepted by some countries. Here are the details: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

The problem is to get the hands on the certificate in Thailand. In my case, I was vaccinated with Sinovac and month later with AZ (working in education sector) and now after a month since my last vaccination I still didn't receive the certificate.

Always be optimistic. According to your source it is like this below. I have to admit - that is better than nothing ????

"The Sinovac vaccine is recognised as valid proof of vaccination by these countries: Austria, Cyprus, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am not sure. If you live here and you get SinoVac is this accepted in Europe or the USA as vaccination? 

American citizens can return to the U.S. unvaccinated. And they can return to Thailand unvaccinated.

If you plan to travel to a country other than your home country, then do your research. Worst case? You'll have to quarantine on arrival.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

You are wrong. It is accepted by some countries. Here are the details: https://www.schengeDOes thsi qualifynvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

Not sure what that certificate will do for anyone.

Does this qualify for entry into other countries and are you considered fully vaccinated?  Mixing vaccines has been a Thailand thing,  from what I have read I am not sure it is recognized as being fully vaccinated as it is not 2 doses of the same vaccine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Does this qualify for entry into other countries and are you considered fully vaccinated?  Mixing vaccines has been a Thailand thing,  from what I have read I am not sure it is recognized as being fully vaccinated as it is not 2 doses of the same vaccine.

Mixing vaccines is becoming a norm worldwide. Firstly they have to be recognized by health institutions like EMA for Europe but individual countries decide for themselves the acceptance of particular vaccine. 

Mixing vaccines not accepted by UK (England only), you still have to quarantine. Thailand is on the UK "amber" list for now, so being fully vaccinated negates the need to quarantine. Incidentally, Pfizer is on the UK approved vaccine list, Sinovac is not.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The difference is for example, if you fly to germany and are fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine, you do not have to do the 10 or 6 days quarantine at home.

For bussines travelers an important issue.