Phuket extends restrictions for 14 days due to high numbers of new COVID-19 cases

webfact

Phuket-sandbox-closure_web.jpg

Passengers from Qatar Airways flight from Doha arrive at Thailand’s Phuket International Airport on August 11, 2021, as part of the “Phuket sandbox” scheme for travellers fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 coronavirus to visit without quarantine. (Photo by Jack TAYLOR / AFP)

Phuket has extended its restrictions until the end of August, including the sealing off of the island to outsiders, with some exceptions, due to continuing high numbers of new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases.

The exceptions are Phuket residents, visitors related to the “sandbox” scheme, and people who have been vaccinated with 2 shots of Sinovac or at least one shot of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson at least 14 days prior to arrival, or those who have recovered from COVID-19 for at least 90 days. The visitors have to produce negative RT-PCR or Antigen test results not older than 72 hours.

Children under the age of 6, however, can enter the island when accompanied by a guardian who meets the requirements. Children age 6, but not over 17, have to produce a negative RT-PCR or Antigen test result not older than 72 hours.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-extends-restrictions-for-14-days-due-to-high-numbers-of-new-covid-19-cases/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

"The exceptions are Phuket residents, visitors related to the “sandbox” scheme, and people who have been vaccinated with 2 shots of Sinovac or at least one shot of AstraZeneca" 

Obviously they don't trust Sinovac - or? But I see that a lot is done. Just watch the gap between the arriving people. Also the white person? in the background. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is a publicly accessible breakdown of cases on Phuket by nationality? One of my staff was told by an officer at the Chat Chai checkpoint at Sarasin Bridge that the outbreak was mostly amongst Burmese immigrant laborers. This seems a little strange to me as the island has required vaccination and / or a test to enter since around Songkran. 

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

"The exceptions are Phuket residents, visitors related to the “sandbox” scheme, and people who have been vaccinated with 2 shots of Sinovac or at least one shot of AstraZeneca" 

It seems to me they trust both as if one is vaccinated with either they may enter.