Sandbox Express Bus extended, private vans now available to help tourists get off-island

snoop1130

1629109337_1-org.jpg

The Phuket Sandbox Express Bus will conttinue operating until at least Aug 30, while private vans are now available for hire. Image: Phuket Info Center

PHUKET: The ‘Sandbox Express Bus’, which was to cease operations today (Aug 16), has been extended to continue taking Sandbox tourists from Phuket to Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok until at least Aug 30, and Sandbox tourists can now also choose to take a private minivan to the capital, officials confirmed today.

The extended and expanded services were announced through the “Official Phuket Information Center’, operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior.

The bus will continue to operate every Monday, Thursday and Saturday, costing B1,800 per person per trip.

You may find a full directory of the SHA Plus+ Phuket Sandbox hotels here

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/sandbox-express-bus-extended-private-vans-now-available-to-help-tourists-get-off-island-81073.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-16

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, dutch54 said:

Yes, Nok Air to U-Tapao

17 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I thought they just announced special flights to get out of Phuket.  Damn hard to keep up with this Sh-t.

Does Nok Air fly from Phuket to Don Muang Bangkok ?

1 hour ago, superal said:
  17 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I thought they just announced special flights to get out of Phuket.  Damn hard to keep up with this Sh-t.

Does Nok Air fly from Phuket to Don Muang Bangkok ?

Yes, special flights with Thai Smile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

So, 7 in a van, with the air set on recirculate (because cooling fresh air costs money apparently).  Sounds safe.  ????

Looking at the number of positive covid tests amongst sandboxers, and even less positive tests on test number 3, yes, very safe.

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

How about the driver?

On a VIP bus (which incidentally costs about 1,000 baht HKT<->BKK) the driver sits in a semi-enclosed space, isolated from the passengers. I think even the normal buses are setup similar to this, so I would say it would be fairly safe.

11 hours ago, DrDave said:

On a VIP bus (which incidentally costs about 1,000 baht HKT<->BKK) the driver sits in a semi-enclosed space, isolated from the passengers.

But I don't think that can be done in a van.