Vaccine latest: AZ total will be 61 million, more Pfizer available in fourth quarter, Moderna end of year

webfact

2 hours ago, hugocnx said:

"Sinovac has already been jabbed 13.4 million times." Funny, today I read on Asean Now that the % of injected people were 7% something. That would be 5 million people.????

That doesn't have to be a total inaccuracy of course - if c5 million have received 2 shots and c13 million doses have been jabbed.

9 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I’ve noticed a significant rise in foreigners being offered AZ now since registering for Pfizer

Maybe they hope to give enough AZ out that foreigners won’t be asking for Pfizer anymore 

For whoever plans to get to the EU at a later stage, a problem with getting AZ in Thailand is that Thailand-made AZ is not recognised by the EU. Not sure what the story would be getting to the UK or the USA, but I suspect it could be similar.

See linkEU 'Vaccine Passport' Doesn’t Recognise AstraZeneca Vaccines Given To Malaysia | CodeBlue (galencentre.org)

13 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

For whoever plans to get to the EU at a later stage, a problem with getting AZ in Thailand is that Thailand-made AZ is not recognised by the EU. Not sure what the story would be getting to the UK or the USA, but I suspect it could be similar.

See linkEU 'Vaccine Passport' Doesn’t Recognise AstraZeneca Vaccines Given To Malaysia | CodeBlue (galencentre.org)

Your link is only stating Myanmar folks jabbed with vaccines made in the following countries.  Does not say anything about folks in Thailand Jabbed with AZ.  How is one supposed to tell where the origin of the AZ vaccine came from since many were donated or shipped from elsewhere.

"The European Medicines Agency’s approval for AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine does not cover AstraZeneca doses made by South Korea, Thailand, or Japan that supply Malaysia."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Sinovac has already been jabbed 13.4 million times and 5.7 million more doses will be available in August and September.

More bad news.

Private hospitals have to be able to negotiate and purchase there own vaccines.

This what they do.

They already have relationships with the pharmaceutical companies.

The odd arrangement with government agencies is a complete failure.

Today I received the following from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand for my "Registration COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents".

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply. After review your registration, you did not upload all required documents. You must attach both passport and visa or permanent resident card. 

However, when I go to the link provided it does not allow me to add document and just says "Registration SUCCESS".

Registration SUCCESS

Is anyone else having this issue?

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your link is only stating Myanmar folks jabbed with vaccines made in the following countries.  Does not say anything about folks in Thailand Jabbed with AZ.  How is one supposed to tell where the origin of the AZ vaccine came from since many were donated or shipped from elsewhere.

"The European Medicines Agency’s approval for AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine does not cover AstraZeneca doses made by South Korea, Thailand, or Japan that supply Malaysia."

That's just the header. Second paragraph reads "While the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved the Covid-19 vaccine by AstraZeneca (branded Vaxzevria), besides Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson, the EU drug regulator’s approval does not cover AstraZeneca doses made by South Korea’s SK Bioscience or Thailand’s Siam Bioscience." It is most likely to me that anyone coming from Asia with a document showing vaccination with AZ would be questioned with some suspicion. Maybe there is even a way to check the origin of the vaccine if there is a QR code on the certificate.

It's the spirit of the article that matters, really, even though it seems to be so much about Malaysia. Do you want to take your chance and book a flight from Bangkok to Europe, if you had the Thailand-made AZ vaccine???

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line

Just now, gejohesch said:

That's just the header. Second paragraph reads "While the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved the Covid-19 vaccine by AstraZeneca (branded Vaxzevria), besides Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson, the EU drug regulator’s approval does not cover AstraZeneca doses made by South Korea’s SK Bioscience or Thailand’s Siam Bioscience." It is most likely to me that anyone coming from Asia with a document showing vaccination with AZ would be questioned with some suspicion. Maybe there is even a way to check the origin of the vaccine if there is a QR code on the certificate.

it is  by batch numbers they can see , but i never saw a certificate ...., so i do not know what they put on the thing..

"They said that Astra Zeneca vaccine will be distributed to the tune of 5 million doses a month until 61 million doses was completed. So far it's been 14.7 million, they "

that is 9 more months to reach target....mid of 2022.

Same same, really, amazing Thailand.

A post with content that was copy and pasted from Reuters without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

7 hours ago, dbatcheler said:

Today I received the following from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand for my "Registration COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents".

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply. After review your registration, you did not upload all required documents. You must attach both passport and visa or permanent resident card. 

However, when I go to the link provided it does not allow me to add document and just says "Registration SUCCESS".

Registration SUCCESS

Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm expecting the same, during the application it only allowed one photo to be uploaded, but asked for two.... passport photo & Visa page, I uploaded the visa page.

I wonder if this was another in-built feature to make them all fail like most of the other apps?

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

'm expecting the same, during the application it only allowed one photo to be uploaded, but asked for two.... passport photo & Visa page, I uploaded the visa page.

I wonder if this was another in-built feature to make them all fail like most of the other apps?

Apparently it would not handle 2 separate files or 2 attempt to drag and drop, but if you pulled the 2 files together, presumably from the same source directory, it could work. I too only got a single file in there, my passport copy. Good to see some attempt is being made to help people correct this situation, worrying that it doesn't appear to work!

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Apparently it would not handle 2 separate files or 2 attempt to drag and drop, but if you pulled the 2 files together, presumably from the same source directory, it could work. I too only got a single file in there, my passport copy. Good to see some attempt is being made to help people correct this situation, worrying that it doesn't appear to work!

Not worrying for me anymore,

I live outside of Bangkok and so registered my details to my provincial health service who on Aug 1st also set-up a vaccination appointment app.

I had an instant auto message reply saying it had be accepted and two days later had an email with my 1st appointment which was last Tuesday 10th.

Next shot is Oct 26th.

22 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Still the same. I have paid for Moderna also. When I paid I expected to get jab early next year taking into account delivery due in Oct and queues. Now. with this delivery due 'end of year', I expect to get next year maybe by April-June? The hospital (THG) is holding onto my cash. Meanwhile the govt is since giving away Pfizers mRNA for free to those eligible. Who says they don't have a grip of things?

Don't you think this was the governments plan all along , telling the private groups they cannot order in the beginning because they didn't want to loose face if the private hospitals would have had good vaccines before them . And now the government is giving away pfizer vaccines for free(wich where donated by the way by another country) so they can show of like hey look at us how good we are . I am wondering what will happen and if the pfizer they ordered and paid for will be for free to expats as well when they come . It's still one big puppetcircus , them throwing around nr's of so many milj of this and so many milj of that . Wich percentage have they vaccinated at the moment ??? By the nr's they are throwing around it looks like they doublevaccinated half the country already .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, it is what it is said:

does this mean the 'opening in 120 days' plan is still on course? what is the % vaccinated threshold before opening up the country can begin?

I think its an ever moving train running on fueled desperation.  To be fair most countries are asking these questions - just that Thailand is asking them from the perspective of very low vaccination rates ????

-the lady in charge of vaccines at the private hospital I go to told me to wait until next year for a jab, that did not worry me because I do not care if I get one or not as I believe there is still a lot of unanswered questions about vaccines, main one being how are they going to effect the children of the future the powers that be have everybody in a panic must have one or die, and you selfish if not have one to hide the  guilt of panic lol

On 8/17/2021 at 9:56 AM, JackGats said:

"J&J not imported yet because of registration problems"

What can this mean? I thought J&J had been given the go-ahead in TH.

J&J has already been catered to all French citizens/residents in thailand. Months ago 55+ years first, then to the remaining age groups with the remaining doses from the first campaign. Pfizer and Moderna shall be next by end of this month/begining of September. Through the Embassy of France, and for French citizens only.

• Like 1

Just now, rumeaug said:

J&J has already been catered to all French citizens/residents in thailand. Months ago 55+ years first, then to the remaining age groups with the remaining doses from the first campaign. Pfizer and Moderna shall be next by end of this month/begining of September. Through the Embassy of France, and for French citizens only.

PS : The vaccine doses (J&J, Pfizer, Moderna are imported from France where they are bought

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:56 AM, JackGats said:

"J&J not imported yet because of registration problems"

What can this mean? I thought J&J had been given the go-ahead in TH.

depends on tea money..  how long u been here?    duh

• Like 1

21 hours ago, natway09 said:

It may be more useful if they made no more "promise press statements" put the mouth on hold & 

activate the brain with the energy saved.

I would like to see the Government issue a weekly statement by province that have been ACTUALLY jabbed, if possible stating 1st or 2nd dose & cumulative .That cannot be that hard

I am sick of hearing how much is coming, as if you believed all that you read all Thais would have been vaccinated already along with Farang who will accept AZ

Thais will just laugh at you......   they know.....

16 hours ago, david555 said:

it is  by batch numbers they can see , but i never saw a certificate ...., so i do not know what they put on the thing..

Here is my vacc certificate delivered in the EU. I guess the batch number is encoded in the QR code or in the identification code at the bottom. (I blurred the details for privacy reasons).

COVID Vaccination Certificate.jpg

Edited by gejohesch
forgot pic
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gejohesch said:

Here is my vacc certificate delivered in the EU. I guess the batch number is encoded in the QR code or in the identification code at the bottom. (I blurred the details for privacy reasons).

nothing to see as an attachment , maybe upload failed ?

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

nothing to see as an attachment , maybe upload failed ?

Now it worked ....., i wonder how long a vaccination (2 dozes ) is accepted in time , for the airlines / Country's access ,.....especially for  the airlines interest me to know how long valid ?

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now it worked ....., i wonder how long a vaccination (2 dozes ) is accepted in time , for the airlines / Country's access ,.....especially for  the airlines interest me to know how long valid ?

That's of course another question. There has to be a big discussion about boosters. Also about to which extent a certificate issued in country X will be recognised in country Y.

The private hospital in Udon called , CSR  offered  me a choice ,  the Pfizer vacc or the  Mvacc .

So I decided to opt for the  Pvacc ,the CSR said it was from the recent  USA donation and it was only

being offered to foreigners. She called and wanted a commitment by tomorrow morning !  She expects it to arrive in a few days.

Back in May  I registered my family and I  for the Mvacc . I sent in a refundable deposit with the promise

it would arrive  Oct - Dec. I would of held out for the Mvacc but during the conversation,  the CSR couldn't guaranty what month in the 4th qtr, it would arrive. My family is still in line for the mvacc.

Crazy happenings ,I was just complaining today on another forum ,why the  Privates weren't offering the Pvacc, wow.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, david555 said:

There are indications already. Austria recently declared it will not recognise a vaccination past 270 days from the final jab. That's 9 months. Also somewhere noise about boosters after 8 months (if not much earlier).

• Thanks 1