Doctor tenders resignation after giving her sister extra jab - health official apologizes too

webfact

On 8/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, richard_smith237 said:

When I received my 3.0ml Pfizer dose I asked the nurse if there was any difference in dose depending on body weight...  

I am twice the size of my Wife - I get 3.0 ml my Wife gets 3.0 ml...  surely she needs less or I need more !

The dose is of course ‘standard’ for all. 

But, the discussion on ‘volume’ does perhaps present an interesting conundrum. 

I understand that the standard volume given of an administered drug is based on an 11 stone (UK) man so unless like me you are well over 11 stone (6ft 3 in and 16 stone in my case) you should be OK. All tablets and sprays on the market are produced to this standard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RobU said:
On 8/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, richard_smith237 said:

When I received my 3.0ml Pfizer dose I asked the nurse if there was any difference in dose depending on body weight...  

I am twice the size of my Wife - I get 3.0 ml my Wife gets 3.0 ml...  surely she needs less or I need more !

The dose is of course ‘standard’ for all. 

But, the discussion on ‘volume’ does perhaps present an interesting conundrum. 

Expand  

I understand that the standard volume given of an administered drug is based on an 11 stone (UK) man so unless like me you are well over 11 stone (6ft 3 in and 16 stone in my case) you should be OK. All tablets and sprays on the market are produced to this standard.

My point was more to the fact that many Thai’s are 40 kgs and half the weight of a Western Male.

Would half the dose for them be ask effective as the full dose for a 95 kg Western male ??

Given the shortages of the vaccine in Thailand I’m quite surprised this has not yet been looked at.

If viable, theoretically the vaccine could be ’stretched out’ and made available to more people. 

i.e. a

- 60 kgs = 3.0 ml

- 40 - 60 kgs 2.0 ml

With most Thai’s in the 40-60 kg range - 100,000 doses could be useful for 150,000 people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

My point was more to the fact that many Thai’s are 40 kgs and half the weight of a Western Male.

Would half the dose for them be ask effective as the full dose for a 95 kg Western male ??

Given the shortages of the vaccine in Thailand I’m quite surprised this has not yet been looked at.

If viable, theoretically the vaccine could be ’stretched out’ and made available to more people. 

i.e. a

- 60 kgs = 3.0 ml

- 40 - 60 kgs 2.0 ml

With most Thai’s in the 40-60 kg range - 100,000 doses could be useful for 150,000 people. 

Yes I agree with you, good point

On 8/17/2021 at 1:39 PM, robblok said:

He just used his connections, its normal in Thailand. I would use my connections too if i had any. Its quite hard for a foreigner to get vaccinated otherwise especially if your under 60.

Not saying its good but its a common thing here if he had refused it someone else would have taken it. Did not mean it would come to the right person. If that was a guarantee then sure. Ok there is a moral question too but the whole vaccine rollout is a drama with randomly giving people preference. If you don't take action yourself you might never get vaccinated. So if someone has pull i can understand that they use it. 

Ahh, the under 60s queue jumper still trying to justify his actions. How many posts have you written in your defence now? ????

I expect, if there was a fire, you would be pushing all the women and children out of the way so you could get out....

11 hours ago, RobU said:

However the poster you responded to would not have had a 3ml dose, it would have been 0.3ml dose as recommended

On 8/18/2021 at 12:14 PM, Bluespunk said:

If every doctor can safely get an extra and viable shot out of the six shot vials then I say bravo, go for it.

If it is possible to extract a viable dose and is safe to do so that is. 

Though not just for the benefit of relatives of course. 

These Vials of Vaccine will be filled to the exact amount to give 6 shots only of the correct Dosage.

There is no 7 th shot.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

These Vials of Vaccine will be filled to the exact amount to give 6 shots only of the correct Dosage.

There is no 7 th shot.

These vials have to be reconstituted with a diluent, that is done by the person/s administering the shot or a trusted second person whose role is draw up the shots.

Using low dead space syringes as discussed in other posts, does make it possible

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Ahh, the under 60s queue jumper still trying to justify his actions. How many posts have you written in your defence now? ????

I expect, if there was a fire, you would be pushing all the women and children out of the way so you could get out....

I like your fire analogy lets dive a  bit deeper.

I am in a fire and i am looking for a way out for me and my loved ones. But all exits are locked. I am not that concerned about other people as that is the duty of the fire brigade. During my search for an exit i call for help and the fire brigade rescues some people and they they rescue me but there are still older people in the building. Now is it my job to argue with the fire  brigade that they should save me later or just le the professionals handle it. Because that is what your saying i should have done.

With the vaccinations i just took an option that was available and offered by professionals. Not my job to tell the government organisations who they vaccinate first. If i qualify for a list without bribing someone or using pull then its not up to me to question that. I am just happy I qualified, im not going to argue with them old people should come first they set this up not me. 

Besides how is this different from inoculating everyone in phuket first and in samui and going for workers first and other young people ? No different not my duty to tell the government they are doing it wrong. I just take what they offer.

And yes I understood the guy using pull and would have used pull too after trying many hospitals getting on many lists and rejected many times it gets frustrating so I understand people using pull I would have if could have.

But the reality was I did not, I was just lucky to qualify to a scheme without paying for it bribing or throwing names around. If that is a problem for you go moan with the government who f*ucked up). I understand your frustration at not getting a shot if i did not i would never have said i would use pull if i could because like you i was frustrated too before i got lucky.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I like your fire analogy lets dive a  bit deeper.

I am in a fire and i am looking for a way out for me and my loved ones. But all exits are locked. I am not that concerned about other people as that is the duty of the fire brigade. During my search for an exit i call for help and the fire brigade rescues some people and they they rescue me but there are still older people in the building. Now is it my job to argue with the fire  brigade that they should save me later or just le the professionals handle it. Because that is what your saying i should have done.

With the vaccinations i just took an option that was available and offered by professionals. Not my job to tell the government organisations who they vaccinate first. If i qualify for a list without bribing someone or using pull then its not up to me to question that. I am just happy I qualified, im not going to argue with them old people should come first they set this up not me. 

Besides how is this different from inoculating everyone in phuket first and in samui and going for workers first and other young people ? No different not my duty to tell the government they are doing it wrong. I just take what they offer.

And yes I understood the guy using pull and would have used pull too after trying many hospitals getting on many lists and rejected many times it gets frustrating so I understand people using pull I would have if could have.

But the reality was I did not, I was just lucky to qualify to a scheme without paying for it bribing or throwing names around. If that is a problem for you go moan with the government who f*ucked up). I understand your frustration at not getting a shot if i did not i would never have said i would use pull if i could because like you i was frustrated too before i got lucky.

Another verbose, self defending diatribe trying to justify your queue jumping in front of vulnerable groups. How many have you posted now? ☹️

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

Another verbose, self defending diatribe trying to justify your queue jumping in front of vulnerable groups. How many have you posted now? ☹️

No i did not que jump made use of a valid option just like other people que jumping is paying money using influence to get in line. All i did was register at a link open for public and I paid nobody off nor did i  pay for the vaccine. Strange queue-jumping concept you have. But then again maybe you don't have friends looking out for you and giving links to vaccine options and hospitals.

Perhaps if you were a bit nicer.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

There is no 7 th shot.

Yet the doctor found one, however I did very clearly say in my post that this was a good thing to do “if” it was possible. 

Edited by Bluespunk