Thaksin chides Move Forward Party in Clubhouse talks

webfact

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

The best constitution Thailand ever had was the 1997 version before Thaksin came to power. Real checks and balances were undermined by Thaksin with his enormous wealth, buying up the whole of the NAP MPs, over 80 if I remember right.

It was quite an exciting time with the vote on that constitution probably being the most openly debated and genuine popular vote that I've witnessed in my time in Thailand. And then Thaksin came along and (quite deliberately) exploited all its weaknesses. 
It was also a time that the media was just starting to gain some traction and become more independent but Thaksin sent that straight back into the bin. Not to ignore the good works he did, mostly at the beginning of his period as PM, but he was just as top down as any other Thai leader.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Nope he is still alive and has ground support in this country. 

This is true whether it is correct or not

Criminal or not he never used tanks to illegally take power.

Didn't need tanks, money and BS  was sufficient...... 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 2:58 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's almost funny when some people pretend they know what I think.

How often do I have to write that I would love to see the day when Thai people vote for honest and competent politicians?

And then it's up to the Thai people if they want a left or right or whatever government. It's their country. It's their decision.

Voting for corrupt criminals is contra productive. It's amazing that I have to repeat that simple fact.

You repeat it like a prayer an any time: Thaksin = criminal.

Concerning "criminal"; don't you think that making a cup wasn't done by a military criminal ??? And you are contradictory to yourself:

[quote]And then it's up to the Thai people if they want a left or right or whatever government. It's their country. It's their decision.[/quote]

In China and Russia i.e. there are people taken into prison for "criminal" reasons. That only happens because the 3.rd power of a state is not allowed to work freely. The same happens in Thailand at the moment. Under "normal" democratic circumstances a cup-maker (Prayut) would be convicted as a criminal.

It seems you are so blind to recognize this. Buy some glasses to read about "criminals".

Edited by puck2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, puck2 said:

You repeat it like a prayer an any time: Thaksin = criminal.

Concerning "criminal"; don't you think that making a cup wasn't done by a military criminal ??? And you are contradictory to yourself:

[quote]And then it's up to the Thai people if they want a left or right or whatever government. It's their country. It's their decision.[/quote]

In China and Russia i.e. there are people taken into prison for "criminal" reasons. That only happens because the 3.rd power of a state is not allowed to work freely. The same happens in Thailand at the moment. Under "normal" democratic circumstances a cup-maker (Prayut) would be convicted as a criminal.

It seems you are so blind to recognize this. Buy some glasses to read about "criminals".

Lets make it short: Do you think Thaksin committed lots of crimes when he was PM? Yes or No?

I know he is not the only criminal but he is one of them. Just the fact that he was a politician and that he was thrown out in a coup doesn't make him innocent.

And about Thai people and elections: I think in most or maybe all countries criminals are not allowed to become PM. If Thaksin wants to be PM again then he should go to jail and/or have the courts find out that he is innocent. Then he can try to become PM again. And that rule applies to everybody, not just Thaksin.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

he spent tax payers' money to bribe the masses

With respect, I do not think so. For reference (shortened):-

"Thailand's former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was today sentenced to two years' imprisonment in absentia over a corrupt land deal. .................... Thaksin was found to have violated conflict of interest rules in helping his wife buy land from a state agency at a reduced price".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/oct/21/thaksin-thailand-corruption

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, I do not think so. For reference (shortened):-

"Thailand's former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was today sentenced to two years' imprisonment in absentia over a corrupt land deal. .................... Thaksin was found to have violated conflict of interest rules in helping his wife buy land from a state agency at a reduced price".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/oct/21/thaksin-thailand-corruption

He means Thaksin's populist policies, using tax payers money to influence voters, was a form of bribery.

Although not enough judges considered him guilty to have him banned from politics, Thaksin's ' honest mistake' back in 2001 shows his criminal intent. For years millions of baht was hidden in the names of his drivers and servants. 

For what purpose? The only logical conclusion is stock market manipulation, buying and selling stock under ' unknown' names to avoid suspicion. 

If Thaksin came back I'm sure the deal he would cut with the elite would do nothing to take the country forward, rather it would marginalise those looking for change and reform in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 11:31 PM, steven100 said:

This guy is becoming so boring .....  ????       it's over,  finished kaput thaksin.

get over it ....    

You’d know all about boring, eh steven. You are so boring you bore the word boring to death. 

• Like 1