Rescheduled 2nd Jab!

billsmart

My Mor Prom booking on LINE was amalgamated with my hospital's "Mor Prom" vaccination programme, so the first jab date was moved forward by 2 days, and the notification on my LINE app seemed to be voided. After the first jab, I received a print out from the hospital with the date and time of second appointment, (12 weeks later), so anything earlier would be a bonus, but I think that's unlikely. (I'm in Bangkok, and the hospital was BNH.)

55 minutes ago, billsmart said:

my 2nd vaccine shot has been moved up from 27 Sep to 30 Aug. ????

I got my 1st shot on Jun 7. It was AstraZeneca.

Jun 7 to Sep 27 would have been 16 weeks.

I remember that they had set this time-span which is unusually long/on the edge.

All due to shortage.

So good that you now get it after 12 weeks.

12 weeks is the same at other two shot AZ sites in Bangkok or Pattaya.

• Like 2

The interval between AZ doses here has flipped between/from/to 4/8/12/16 weeks depending on which way the wind is blowing.

We're told that studies say whatever interval is currently in use is the best.

Seems like most recent AZers are getting 8 weeks.

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

Yep ,mine to First one AZ 8th June  second one brought forward from late September to 31st of august .   ????

My 1. jab was also june 8 th, but my 2. was 8. oct and now rescheduled to 31. august

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 6:15 AM, billsmart said:

I live in Phetchabun Province, and my Thai wife got an SMS this morning notifying her that my 2nd vaccine shot has been moved up from 27 Sep to 30 Aug. ????

Yes Bill, I was also 1st dose 7th June and also had 27th Sept as 2nd. The 2nd got changed to the 16th August and then put back to the 30th a few weeks back.

Came over to the UK on the 8th and had the 2nd on the 15th.

• Like 1

I have a question...as a US citizen, I already received a first Astra Zeneca jab on July 18 at SCG in Bang Sue through a special offer for foreigners from the Thai government. The registration was through the Thai Ruamjai platform. When will I receive an appointment for the second jab?

2 minutes ago, hollygirl said:

I have a question...as a US citizen, I already received a first Astra Zeneca jab on July 18 at SCG in Bang Sue through a special offer for foreigners from the Thai government. The registration was through the Thai Ruamjai platform. When will I receive an appointment for the second jab?

Did you not get anything at the time? A receipt of some kind acknowledging the first jab which would/should have a nominated date for second. Or check on the Ruamjai site?

3 minutes ago, hollygirl said:

I did get the first jab receipt.  They said they would send a sms closer to the date for the second vaccine.  Just getting a bit anxious!

For AZ the 2nd jab would be12 weeks in the future from 18th July so plenty of time to get the sms.

1 hour ago, hollygirl said:

I read that some people are getting it at 8-10 weeks...is that so?

Maybe so. Others have said they have been scheduled for 16 weeks. But also have said  been rescheduled to around 12 weeks which I believe is the general recommendation now. Mine was set down for 19 October after first shot 27th July.