Anutin: Vaccination of foreigners living in Thailand has been expanded to the provinces

webfact

A few points, We live in Khon Kaen, my wife (Thai) and under 60 has waited for months and eventually received her first Sinovac shot on Tuesday this week. This was arranged by our village head. 

it’s been possible to get a vaccine shot at the new Khon Kaen Convention Centre for a month or so, they arrange 3 days a week a queue and wait system, however it’s Thais only and your more likely to catch Covid whilst waiting as there is no social distancing being practiced.

me over 60 and no underlying issues, I’ve registered on every app ever introduced and heard nothing until last weekend, first was from the old intervac registration offering AZ for 21 August, then Expatvac offered 2 shots of Pfizer first on 5 Sept, 2nd on 24 Sept, so despite all the long delays appears the authorities are finally getting their act together for both Thai Nationals and foreign residents. The local private hospitals have all proved unable to take reservations for private jabs, all stating they’ve no idea when vaccine would be available to provide privately, so I’d be cautious and weary of an hospital who takes your money when they haven’t got a scoobie of what vaccine or when they can take supply of it.

No obligation to register with your home Countries Embassy within Thailand.

So the authorities here are very very focussed on a foreigner reporting every 90 days, so surely that would be a good starting point to find those of us who are here complying with the Government's requirements. So if Auntie and the Authorities haven’t got a register then why do we bother going through the pain of reporting every 90 days? Oh forgot this is Thailand and they’re big on self help and DIY unless you happen to be Thai that is!!

22 minutes ago, Almer said:

Enlighten me please

Unless there is cronyism or nepotism, these govt. positions cost on average, IMHO, 100 times the actual monthly salary.

To put things in perspective, my daughter's Headmaster was recently in court for paying a bribe to get his position. He allegedly paid 40 million. The 10 people that he bribed in the MoE went to jail,  but he didn't.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Standard reported on yesterday's meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in which Anutin said that he had been following through on PM Prayuth Chan-ocha's policy of treating Thais and foreigners the same in the vaccine rollout

I nearly followed through when I read that, liaising with embassies to get data and names.

Immigration offices in every province already have that information, names addresses and telephone numbers/emails... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhonKaenAde said:

A few points, We live in Khon Kaen, my wife (Thai) and under 60 has waited for months and eventually received her first Sinovac shot on Tuesday this week. This was arranged by our village head. 

it’s been possible to get a vaccine shot at the new Khon Kaen Convention Centre for a month or so, they arrange 3 days a week a queue and wait system, however it’s Thais only

And not for people(under 50) who live in the city. 

6 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

He said that he had been liaising with various embassies and gathering data and lists of names. 

So Anutin doesn't know about the ExpatVac website registrations?

Anutin doesn't know how many doses have gone out to the different provinces and how many expats have been given a jab?  He should be given daily reports ... 

What use is he?

I would say "...............Ashtray ............ motorbike?" 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Badboldie said:

Does not Pfizer have to be kept under 70 degree's. And you trust them to do that? Good luck with that! 

Not anymore ...the latest articles mention normal freezer temperatures

BTW.....I am still alive and  no complaints after 2 days vaccinated....????  ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what vaccine are upcountry expats likely to receive? Sinovac or AZ? 

Or will the plan be Sinovac followed by AZ.

I am in Khon Kaen and booked in for tomorrow (21st).  The confirmation email states AstraZeneca.  I will let you know what is actually on offer at the time.

Edited by JustinCredible
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
47 minutes ago, KhonKaenAde said:

why do we bother going through the pain of reporting every 90 days?

43 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Have you any idea what it costs for Immigration officers to procure their position and how much they need to repay? 

You need to be better informed before making comments like this. A 90 day report is free. No money goes in any pockets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerandDog said:

Since when has it been necessary to register with our embassy that we now reside in Thailand? I would have thought that if it was a requirement then that would be Immigration's responsibility.

Depending your nationality / country it could / would ....but some do not demand that.

2 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:

I am in Khon Kaen and booked in for tomorrow (21st).  The confirmation email states AstraZeneca.  I will let you know what is actually on offer at the time.

That's good. Thinking they will give you your appointment for second jab tomorrow. Ask them if it will be also AZ.

My second is 12 weeks from first. I obtained at Bang Sue (bkk) 

13 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:
6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what vaccine are upcountry expats likely to receive? Sinovac or AZ? 

Or will the plan be Sinovac followed by AZ.

13 minutes ago, JustinCredible said:

I am in Khon Kaen and booked in for tomorrow (21st).  The confirmation email states AstraZeneca.  I will let you know what is actual on offer at the time.

In Sakon Nakhon. it's AZ for the over 60s and Sinovac for the rest. As of yesterday they had given 125,000 Sinovac and 57,000 AZ jabs. (numbers rounded)

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You need to be better informed before making comments like this. A 90 day report is free. No money goes in any pockets.

Immigration make a fortune by extortion, all those 1000's of baht for letting people off the 2000 fine for being late, goes straight in their pocket, never any receipts. 

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Lucky you, I'm Thai in the centre of a large city, and can't get a vaccine, meanwhile foreigners all around me can. 

Well,where’s your own personal praise for Anutin as your immediately preceding post suggested was merited ? ???? 

• Haha 2

Yesterday received via email appointment for Pfizer jab, 930 at McCormick Hospital, CM.  I followed instructions, confirmed my appointment and arrived at McCormick by 0900 today.  I was surprised to see so many bodies present there, looking like ex-pats of all sorts.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of hospital aides present, with stations numbered.  There was a queue, guy behind me had an 830 appointment, but in the queue, there were several aides walking down the line checking that the individual did indeed have an appointment, had a registration number and it matched the passport number.  they checked us through at station 1 and gave us another queue number (4 aides doing this so moving along quickly), to a table to fill out the McCormick questionaire about health in regards to the Pfizer vaccine; on to next station (4 more aides) checked quickly all was okay via computer and sent us into the "shot" room.  Approximately a hundred victims ready for the jab.  This went fairly quickly as they had several aides giving the shots.  Then we were instructed to wait 30 minutes after the jab and during that time several aides again, 2 per line (10 lines of chairs) that were checking how the jabs went, taking blood pressure, temp, heart rate, etc.  Meanwhile another aide was running around giving water to folks who wanted it.  Some asked me where did we have to pay for this shot, and were surprised when I said the shots were donated and the Thai govt was paying for the jabbing.  Surprised that everything was so organized and nothing like the scenes I have watched at other roll outs of the vaccines.  A great job by the staff at McCormick and thanks to the Thai govt that passed this vaccine on to us here in Chiang Mai.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Having said that, little old me, up here in the middle of nowhere, received my 1st AZ jab 5 weeks ago and I'm booked for my 2nd one next month. And I'm not the rare exception by a long way. So Anutin seems to be behind the times somewhat.

Exception? Did you already have a pink card?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Yesterday received via email appointment for Pfizer jab, 930 at McCormick Hospital, CM.  I followed instructions, confirmed my appointment and arrived at McCormick by 0900 today.  I was surprised to see so many bodies present there, looking like ex-pats of all sorts.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of hospital aides present, with stations numbered.  There was a queue, guy behind me had an 830 appointment, but in the queue, there were several aides walking down the line checking that the individual did indeed have an appointment, had a registration number and it matched the passport number.  they checked us through at station 1 and gave us another queue number (4 aides doing this so moving along quickly), to a table to fill out the McCormick questionaire about health in regards to the Pfizer vaccine; on to next station (4 more aides) checked quickly all was okay via computer and sent us into the "shot" room.  Approximately a hundred victims ready for the jab.  This went fairly quickly as they had several aides giving the shots.  Then we were instructed to wait 30 minutes after the jab and during that time several aides again, 2 per line (10 lines of chairs) that were checking how the jabs went, taking blood pressure, temp, heart rate, etc.  Meanwhile another aide was running around giving water to folks who wanted it.  Some asked me where did we have to pay for this shot, and were surprised when I said the shots were donated and the Thai govt was paying for the jabbing.  Surprised that everything was so organized and nothing like the scenes I have watched at other roll outs of the vaccines.  A great job by the staff at McCormick and thanks to the Thai govt that passed this vaccine on to us here in Chiang Mai.

Same handling as 2 days ago at Pattaya central festival for my pfizer .....you see when the Privat handling by Bangkok hospital staff it it is o.k. 

Reason enough to sack this junta gov.

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Lucky you, I'm Thai in the centre of a large city, and can't get a vaccine, meanwhile foreigners all around me can. 

I live in a small town, and there is just no choice of vaccines. Most here are worried that when the Pfizer vaccines come in and we get the first jab the second jab may be a Sinovac, it's almost like one cancels the other one out.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Did you upload the required docs and how long ago back?