Anutin: Vaccination of foreigners living in Thailand has been expanded to the provinces

webfact

I am stranded in the Philippines where we as foreigners have equal status on this issue. There was no adminastrative bull**** looking to see if I counted as a human being, or whatever. I registered with my age and residence, so I could be directed to the appropriate vaccination center. I even nominated my prefered date. 

I received the reply within 24 hours and was scheduled for the first shot (AstraZeneca) within the week. The health checks prior to and after were impressive. It is a good feeling to be in a country whose government shows respect for us. Wonderful, in fact. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Neeranam said:

To put things in perspective, my daughter's Headmaster was recently in court for paying a bribe to get his position. He allegedly paid 40 million. The 10 people that he bribed in the MoE went to jail,  but he didn't.

Is he still a headmaster? If yes did he keep the position on merit, or perhaps because he had paid so much for it?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is he still a headmaster? If yes did he keep the position on merit, or perhaps because he had paid so much for it?

Yes, he is still the head of the school; he was acquitted of the charge, yet the others were jailed for accepting a bribe. 

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, he is still the head of the school; he was acquitted of the charge, yet the others were jailed for accepting a bribe. 

The others were probably jailed for not sharing the bribes 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My wife dealt with the registration. She has just told me that all they wanted was my passport.

So you don't know? You should get a job with the  Thai vaccination committee. But you have a pink card, right and tea money?

• Sad 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:39 AM, DrJack54 said:

So what vaccine are upcountry expats likely to receive? Sinovac or AZ? 

Or will the plan be Sinovac followed by AZ.

I get my first Pfiser tomorrow  In Udon Thani, 72 fit and healthy

19 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Another young boy, ( just kidding ) Good , finally some progress in the vaccination process.... 

Had the jab, efficient, painless, 10

mins + 20 for photo shoot and recovery, well done all those staff, you can see all the planning that goes into it even down to a Genset electricty supply in the event if a power outage, had a tiny fuzzy head and today the injection site is tender, vials show expiry 11/21, my second is a bit tight at 3 weeks i was  expecting an interval of maybe 8 weeks and my paperwork shows 1 of 3 shots!! I even sent an online thx to the Potus.

Udon Thani Uni was the venue

Edited by Almer
Additional text

On 8/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, Moonlover said:

There is a department in Thailand who should know where every foreigner is residing in Thailand and we all know which one that is. Why do they have to go to the embassies to get this information?

They'd get nothing out of the British embassy anyway because they do not have a registration system. 

Having said that, little old me, up here in the middle of nowhere, received my 1st AZ jab 5 weeks ago and I'm booked for my 2nd one next month. And I'm not the rare exception by a long way. So Anutin seems to be behind the times somewhat.

Quite so, l live in a village vertically in the sticks ,only have passing traffic coming through it.

there's a small hospital in the village I would have thought they would have been able to vaccinate the people  the people in it if it were supplied with vaccine. Oh no, one has to travel to Hua Hin hospital some40 klm away. I've been there 4 time's each time not have any vaccine.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

1st Pfizer shot today, 2nd 16/09. It's moving positively.... 

Continuing the positive feeling..... I also receive 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow. 42 Years old, no health conditions. Sukhothai. 

Interesting....No e-mail or SMS notification....just a friendly phone call. (Registered expatvac.co.th 1st August)

Keep them jabs coming guys!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, amsterdammer said:

Continuing the positive feeling..... I also receive 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow. 42 Years old, no health conditions. Sukhothai. 

Interesting....No e-mail or SMS notification....just a friendly phone call. (Registered expatvac.co.th 1st August)

Still " Amazing " Thailand. I got 3 different SMSs the same day , Bumrungrad, Huay Kwang and the one I went for BHP. I did cancel the other ones. Very professionally organized by BHP staff in Central. ( I ' DO ' mention I'm not a BHP patient in any way )

19 hours ago, amsterdammer said:

What did the phone call show up as I don't keep my phone with me so if my phone shows a missed call I would know who it was. I'd prefer they send me a sms or email 

20 hours ago, amsterdammer said:

amsterdammer in Sukhothai and myself in Kalasin both received notification of our vaccination appointment by a telephone call only.     

Therefore, those waiting for an appointment through expatvac should keep their phones with them at all times, in addition to checking their email.

amsterdammer, how did you...aged under 60 and with no health condition...get registered on expatvac, and even an appointment ?. I guess you must be pregnant !  ????

Edited by kalasiner

I   had the Pfizer injection at Central, Korat on Tuesday  24/8,  via ExpatVac. , and arranged  by Maha Public Hospital, Korat,,  There were many hundreds of people there, the  4th floor was  standing room only and the greater majority were Thais. 

There were two lines, one for people, mainly Thais getting  Sinopharm (someone told me that was for their second jab.)

The other line was for Pfizer, the greater majority of people in that queue were in fact Thais.  Good on them.

I  overheard one farang being rejected. He hadnt apparently   applied or been asked to attend, had apparently heard about the   inoculations.   He was eventually offered Pfizer , however he was told he would have to pay for it. I dont know the amount  stated.   It appears   some hospitals are doing their best, but the whole system seems chaotic.

11 hours ago, Mike k said:

What did the phone call show up as I don't keep my phone with me so if my phone shows a missed call I would know who it was. I'd prefer they send me a sms or email 

Caller ID just showed a unknown mobile number. I can't be certain if it was a central administration office...or whether my details where just handed over to my local hospital to instigate the contact (Its the local government hospital which has no other records of me).

Advise then is to keep mobiles handy....and answer all calls.  Unknown  how vigilant the process will be to attempt re-contacting persons after a number of missed calls.  Wouldn't want to be confronted with the "Sorry...Pfizer is all used now, I tried calling you 3 tiimes....Sinovac okay for you now?" 

Phuket Province appears “a different country” then …..

All Thais, Migrant ASEAN & Expat Residents officially resident here will have had the opportunity to be double jabbed by end.Sept.

Phuket.win (Expats/ Non- Work Permit) & Work Permitted Expat vax reg. / appt. websites both worked consistently here at 1st attempt,it seems…..

The strict 12 wk. interval between 1st & 2nd AZ jabs is being relaxed only

by Doctor sign-off, for acceptable reason, like advance travel …..

Plenty of Idiot Expat Anti-Vaxxers here though. 

Workers were given no option .. Sinovac …..or work permit cancelled……….