Anutin: Vaccination of foreigners living in Thailand has been expanded to the provinces

webfact

4 hours ago, kickstart said:

get my 1st jab next week registered  with Or-Sor- Mor and Or-Bor- Tor,our local heath worker and local council

I just did similar out in my Issan moo ban. Someone came 'round the other day representing the local officials. My wife put me, herself, and her parents down. Parents just got theirs this morning, Sinopharm. Heard it's a bit better than Sinovac. Then we were told ours might be coming next week, which could be Sinopharm or Astra.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I just did similar out in my Issan moo ban. Someone came 'round the other day representing the local officials. 

Same system in my moo ban, but they walked right past my house. Why? Only they know. Anti-farang? We only found out we had been ignored when my wife checked at the local clinic why we had heard nothing weeks after registering. My wife believes they just told their own relatives and ignored everyone else. I'll be getting Sinovac on Sunday and then AZ as the second dose. In theory. I'll believe it when the needle is in my arm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, KhonKaenAde said:

Where in KK is this possible, the State Hospitals openly state Thais first, foreigners when all the locals are vaccinated. The Apps currently offering registration for foreigners advise for over 60’s or pregnant or anyone with underlying conditions. As I posted earlier it’s taken 6 months or so for my Wife who is under the age of 60 to secure a vaccination. I feel sorry for anyone of any Nationality who is unable to secure a vaccination, but foreigners did not set up you National or Local procedures for acquiring vaccinations, suggest you take your moaning to the Health Authorities in Khon Kaen, then maybe they will pull the plug on vaccinations for Foreigners, that should make you happy and feel equal, as clearly your upset by people other than Thais having access to vaccines

I'm not upset at all, what makes you think that? Also, I am not moaning in the slightest, I am in no rush for a vaccine. 

I suggest you answer my questions before asking me so many. 

I am talking about Khon Kaen city, which you obviously don't know about. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, judokrab said:

Yeah. What he was was even worse. He called us "ไอ้พวกฝรั่ง".

That could be translated as "bstrd Farang". And the word "ไอ้" carries connotations of being less than human: animals. Thus the "dirty" connotation.

(The word "bstrd" above to bypass the censor.)

I work as a translator and 'ai' doesn't mean '<deleted>' in any stretch of the imagination. 

I'd say 'damn' is the best one here and he was quite right, he was handing out free masks in Bangkok and foreigners were refusing to take them, and to wear them. 

For further discussion, please take your questions to the Thai Language forum. Perhaps you need to learn about the difference between อ้าย and ไอ้.

https://aseannow.com/forum/43-thai-language/

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, KhonKaenAde said:

Yep clearly I have no idea, I’ve only lived and worked in Mueang Khon Kaen for 10 years and 5 years prior to that in Bangkok. The gyst of your beef is that you as a Thai under 60 years of age cannot get a vaccination, I sympathize with you. That said and maybe I didn’t articulate myself sufficiently before, because I didn’t want to anyone to draw any racist implications by it, is that then you having highlighted you are Thai and cannot get a vaccine of any description you then automatically draw a comparison with Foreigners who can. We didn’t make the rules and yes your comment by way of comparison does sort of intimate as another contributor said that maybe you are racist or your comments imply racism. I also highlighted that my Thai Wife has been calling local hospitals, both state and Private in search of available vaccines, it took her over six months to get her first shot on Sinovac last Tuesday. I’ll elaborate further and repeat, no matter if you are in a hurry or not, if you cannot find somewhere to provide you with a vaccine contact the local KK Health Authority, they will point you in the right direction. Unlike Covid the vaccine will not find you, you will have to go and find it!! You have also the alternative of attending the walk in vaccination Centre at KICE next to the big Khon Kaen Lotus’s on the opposite side of the road to Makro. It’ll be a wait but at least you’ll get a shot of vaccine, I believe this weekend they are offering Sinovac, Sinopharm and AZ, plus it’s also open to non Thai on Saturday 21 August, which is the first time they’ve opened the door to foreign Nationals. Good luck

2CACE5C2-1104-40FD-99F9-83F91672D2A7.jpeg

F095C27B-261A-4042-A410-1768AC7FF946.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

He said that he had been liaising with various embassies and gathering data and lists of names. 

So Anutin doesn't know about the ExpatVac website registrations?

Anutin doesn't know how many doses have gone out to the different provinces and how many expats have been given a jab?  He should be given daily reports ... 

What use is he?

Less than a chocolate teapot.

• Sad 1

Whiners, over 60 drove 3 days round trip to BKK for my 1st shot of Pfizer (great to get out of the house!) and will have to do the same for the second as nothing here in CM as far as registration had worked correctly for me (still nothing from Wall of Chiang Mai registration, check daily).  Have a Moderna in Oct in BKK (if it shows up) and when I head back to the US in Jan, I'm going to get a J&J.  That should just about cover it (wipes hands together).

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I'm not upset at all, what makes you think that? Also, I am not moaning in the slightest, I am in no rush for a vaccine. 

I suggest you answer my questions before asking me so many. 

I am talking about Khon Kaen city, which you obviously don't know about. 

Plenty of Thais getting vaccines in Khon Kaen City.

My Wife and her friends yesterday and her sister next week.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Chris.B said:

If he did, they would probably say 'Not for farang'.

I beg to differ- I live in the outskirts of sisaket ( and have been for 5 1/2 yrs ) was able to register at small hospital in Non Kilo for AZ. Turned down sinovac shot about 2 weeks ago ( government bait and switch). now reregistered for pfizer- waiting to be notified-

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Okay, so no one else is having problems getting vaccinated in the provinces because you have been able to register. I must have misunderstood the hospital when they said "Not for Farang".

sorry. not saying no one is having problems, just giving my personal experience nothing more-

7 hours ago, tranquilogringo said:

"Neeranam was complaining under 60s Thais couldn't get vaccinated"

A week ago it was reported the average age of all Thais getting vaccine was 38 years.

Last Wednesday my wife had a Sinovac jab in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

She is 55.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Plenty of Thais getting vaccines in Khon Kaen City.

My Wife and her friends yesterday and her sister next week.

I wouldn't say that, but things are just starting to turn around. 

Plenty who live outside the city have been getting it, but mostly over 60s

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Immigration make a fortune by extortion, all those 1000's of baht for letting people off the 2000 fine for being late, goes straight in their pocket, never any receipts. 

The only time that has happened to me, (about 4 years ago) I was given a receipt.

I live in a different province to you and the Immigration officers are all foreigner friendly up here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

The old China phobia, give it up for a while. Up here the Thais get Sinovac and us falangs got AZ already.

Yesterday they vaccinated 4000 at the sub-district school auditorium.

Where is here?

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You must show a visa. 

You must also enter using your UK passport with a visa in it.

If you use your UK passport to enter and leave the UK you must be using your Thai passport to enter and leave Thailand.

So why are you complaining about foreigners getting priority over Thais?

• Haha 1