Anutin: Vaccination of foreigners living in Thailand has been expanded to the provinces

webfact

8 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Yes, I phoned the embassy and left a message with the telephonist, to let the ambassador know I was now residing in Thailand. ????

So you did not registered as it works not that way , by seeing the laughing emoji  confirmed it .

Example as we i would not register with my embassy i would not be able to renew a passport or I.D. card and other documents , only a a4 paper "laissez passez " called to go straight to my country in case no documents anymore '

It would mean to be not known where i live by my country as we would be left with no whereabouts by our home country after 6 month's.....removed from the country populations list if not found anymore at our local home country address

Scary thought .... if Anutin could right for once ????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I guess he's over 60 and not in the city?

I never said that, I said Thais under 60 can't register and foreigners can. 

I do want vaccinated, but as stated before, I can't. 

Under 60 foreigners can't register either. Actually, I did register in my province but they clearly stated that they will not vaccinate me anytime soon!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Example as we i would not register with my embassy i would not be able to renew a passport or I.D. card and other documents , only a a4 paper "laissez passez " called to go straight to my country in case no documents anymore '

Fortunately specific to your country only (and possibly others). I am very happy it does not apply to mine. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

So you did not registered as it works not that way , by seeing the laughing emoji  confirmed it .

It would mean to be not known where i live by my country as we would be left with no whereabouts by our home country after 6 month's.....removed from the country populations list if not found anymore at our local home country address

Scary thought .... if Anutin could right for once ????

Which embassy is that then? 

3 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I am 83 going on 84 and have not received a 'peep'from the hospitals I am registered with.   They probably have me as ' forgotten in Issan'

You are over 75, so why like me, did you not go to the walk in centre " Bang Sue Railway Station BKK. It is open every day 09:00 to 16:00 so not too late and only AZ being given. I got my 1st Astra Zeneca there and my 2nd booked for October. Regards and keep safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what vaccine are upcountry expats likely to receive? Sinovac or AZ? 

Or will the plan be Sinovac followed by AZ.

I just had Sinopharm, follow-up in three weeks, no charge, Sinovac and AZ were available...Ubon..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I thought, just for a second, that some might be happy and grateful, with praise for Anutin. Sadly, no. 

I wonder if its because of the mistranslated news report about 'dirty' foreigners by the English gutter press. 

Sorry no praise here that rube as we won't glorify a fool with the exception of "speaking facetiously" for comic relief.

You always claim to be an intelligent human being, what is the correct translation? Was it reported in the Thai toilet press?

• Like 2

Just now, topt said:

Fortunately specific to your country only (and possibly others). I am very happy it does not apply to mine. :thumbsup:

yes , as we are residents in Thailand (emigrated ) by my country (extended tourists by Thailand's means ), but maybe Anutin point to residents living officially in Thailand under the Immigrations rules , but example i do not have address anymore in my country , my E.U. banks registered with my Thai address ....

So anyone who have still his official address in his home country (for some personal understandable reasons ..???? ) could be in his understanding not residents in TH.....,

strange that website has that "Consular" thing in it...? Might it it could they are in contact with the embassy's to see or check if we really are resident in Thailand or can be seen as a tourist ..... to defend  the "only Thai " from before and limit vaccines  

4 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Which embassy is that then? 

Belgium embassy , but others also demand that , the Dutch not , but they may only be 8 months out of country or loose Dutch address with the financial and other consequences , France i guess similar as Belgium as it was Napoleon  who introduced our legislation for most of Europe .

Different than Britain  

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Wifes friend very happy to get her 1st Sinovac shot 2 days ago to be followed by AZ at Wichien Buri government hospital. She got a cancelation .

We are booked for Moderna in October but I will be very surprised if it materializes . 

The prepaid Moderna jabs were scheduled for October but I've read that some hospitals who already have the money are admitting it is unlikely they will have the vaccine before May of next year.  That is par for the course from my two decades of experience in Thailand:  once it is paid for your order is on the back burner.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

He said that he had been liaising with various embassies and gathering data and lists of names. 

So Anutin doesn't know about the ExpatVac website registrations?

Anutin doesn't know how many doses have gone out to the different provinces and how many expats have been given a jab?  He should be given daily reports ... 

What use is he?

I cannot decide between: 

1) an ashtray on a motorcycle

2)a chocolate teapot

3) papier- mache body armour.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, topt said:

Everybody country different,

i have no problem with it , as also all over the world our pension is not frozen and we get the normal % augmentation  upgraded when costs of live go up in our home country , so not reason to hide our whereabouts .....

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what vaccine are upcountry expats likely to receive? Sinovac or AZ? 

Or will the plan be Sinovac followed by AZ.

I lucked in and got my first AZ a month back. So I am reasonably confident I will receive same  for 2nd.

8 weeks to go !

Just now, Chris.B said:

Doubt if there will be any Pfizer left by the time they get around to regional expats so it will be Sinovac ???? + AZ. 

Don't steal my second shot Pfizer from me at 8 September  please !.....????.....????

Ok .... first we didn't care about them and now we will give them a vaccine... But yesterday I received a mail from The Dutch Embassy that the Thai made Astra Zeneca is NOT approved by the WHO and the EU and travellers to the EU vaccinated with Astra from Thailand are seen as NOT vaccinated and must be in quarantine.......

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

Belgium embassy , but others also demand that , the Dutch not , but they may only be 8 months out of country or loose Dutch address with the financial and other consequences , France i guess similar as Belgium as it was Napoleon  who introduced our legislation for most of Europe .

Different than Britain  

Indeed, we, umh, never really took to Napoleonic legislation! ????????

• Thanks 1

Just now, ikke1959 said:

Ok .... first we didn't care about them and now we will give them a vaccine... But yesterday I received a mail from The Dutch Embassy that the Thai made Astra Zeneca is NOT approved by the WHO and the EU and travellers to the EU vaccinated with Astra from Thailand are seen as NOT vaccinated and must be in quarantine.......

For us E.U. coming from Thailand now we must always in Quarantine , vaccinated or not , first of all it could be a help to even reach your seat on the plane if vaccinated ...with the right stuff 

It is a crazy travelling world now ...

Many criticisms can be made how the Pandemic is being handled but it appears Thailand is doing utmost to secure supplies of available vaccines as quickly as possible. Let's hope Thailand will be open to international tourism without quarantine and other draconian restrictions as quickly as possible.

• Haha 2