Anutin: Vaccination of foreigners living in Thailand has been expanded to the provinces

webfact

Its about time ,for Ch Sake.

Just got  a call from the private in Udon to report Monday for my free Pvacc (donation from the USA)  on Monday between 10am -12,at Rajabhat University in Udon Thani!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

Your post sounds a tad bit racist to me. First of all, it is not true that 'foreigners all around me can', whether you are in the 'center' of a large city or not. 360,000 foreigners have been vaccinated so far. half being Burmese (see yesterday's news). At the same time, over 9 Mio Thais have been vaccinated (at least one shot so far). And I am sure you are aware that the stipulation of the very generous gift by the kind people of the USA states that 10% of the 1.5 Mio Pfizer doses have to go to foreigner living in Thailand. Which means 1.35 Mio go to Thai Nationals. And I find it very sad that there seems to be a need for such a stipulation!

In what way racist? I'm talking about nationalities, not races. 

I'm not interested in stats, I am just sharing my experience. I, as a Thai, can't register for a vaccine and foreigners in my city, of the same age can. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Yesterday received via email appointment for Pfizer jab, 930 at McCormick Hospital, CM.  I followed instructions, confirmed my appointment and arrived at McCormick by 0900 today.

Was that appointment through registration on Expatvac? What age are you?...

Cheers.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what vaccine are upcountry expats likely to receive? Sinovac or AZ? 

Or will the plan be Sinovac followed by AZ.

The old China phobia, give it up for a while. Up here the Thais get Sinovac and us falangs got AZ already.

Yesterday they vaccinated 4000 at the sub-district school auditorium.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They need to make it easier for people with comorbid conditions, placing them at higher risk of death, to register without having to produce costly medical certificates, that many do not have.  Prescriptions should suffice as evidence.  A prior post I read of someone being quoted near 15,000 THB for a medical examination to prove his condition, so that he could merely register and upload the document, is ridiculous. 

Edited by aussienam
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

"The meeting also discussed vaccines that have arrived from foreign countries so far - Japan has sent Astra Zeneca, China Sinovac and the US Pfizer."

missed those donated 410k AZ send by the UK several weeks ago.

where are they now?

Did you not see the photos of our Ambassador and his cronies hugging the Union Jack when it arrived, yer probably sent it back after????????

Edited by Jiggo

I registered with the British Embassy, two Thai government sites including the one which this week refused me and so many others. And several weeks ago at my local hospital, which was yet another course we were advised to take.

After the turn-back this week I asked my wife to check our status at the local health clinic in the village, who had been passed our details from the hospital. That clinic has a system of five volunteers who were tasked with walking around and telling folk that they could receive the vaccine. They didn't bother telling us, apparently only their own relatives and <deleted> everyone else. Now, after my wife went in person to the clinic, we know that we can receive Sinovac followed by AZ on Saturday, Sunday or Monday at the local hospital.

Of course, neither vaccine is any use for travelling to Europe or the UK so for me international travel without quarantine isn't possible. When I do need to travel, not until next February, who knows what the situation will be, And it will be to Dubai, not Europe or the UK so, again, who knows what the rules will be then in each direction. 

Anyway, bottom line is that I could have been vaccinated weeks ago but they just didn't bother to tell us. Is there anything, anything at all in Thailand that functions as it should?

EDIT: I'm 73 next month. Happy birthday to me.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

The old China phobia, give it up for a while. Up here the Thais get Sinovac and us falangs got AZ already.

Yesterday they vaccinated 4000 at the sub-district school auditorium.

"Up here", Thais over 60 get AstraZeneca too, by the way. I don't think it has anything to do with being Thai or not!

5 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

The old China phobia, give it up for a while

What phobia.

I simply asked what vaccine was being used upcountry. 

BTW given a choice between jabs Sinovac or AZ what would you select?

Yeah .....thought as much

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I registered with the British Embassy, two Thai government sites including the one which this week refused me and so many others. And several weeks ago at my local hospital, which was yet another course we were advised to take.

After the turn-back this week I asked my wife to check our status at the local health clinic in the village, who had been passed our details from the hospital. That clinic has a system of five volunteers who were tasked with walking around and telling folk that they could receive the vaccine. They didn't bother telling us, apparently only their own relatives and <deleted> everyone else. Now, after my wife went in person to the clinic, we know that we can receive Sinovac followed by AZ on Saturday, Sunday or Monday at the local hospital.

Of course, neither vaccine is any use for travelling to Europe or the UK so for me international travel without quarantine isn't possible. When I do need to travel, not until next February, who knows what the situation will be, And it will be to Dubai, not Europe or the UK so, again, who knows what the rules will be then in each direction. 

Anyway, bottom line is that I could have been vaccinated weeks ago but they just didn't bother to tell us. Is there anything, anything at all in Thailand that functions as it should?

Anyway traveling from Thailand now requires anyway a quarantine  vaccinated or not ..! and on top test's .....by arriving  at least to E.U.  country's 

So for that matter which vaccines is for the moment no importance 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

What phobia.

I simply asked what vaccine was being used upcountry. 

BTW given a choice between jabs Sinovac or AZ what would you select?

Yeah .....thought as much

Your question has been asked and answered a hundred times on the various topics so if you are up to date you would know or just regurgitating the phobia.

As to the choice between Sinovac and AZ I did not care. But having read of the problems with the mRNA vaccines in America I will not be having one of them.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I thought, just for a second, that some might be happy and grateful, with praise for Anutin. Sadly, no. 

I wonder if its because of the mistranslated news report about 'dirty' foreigners by the English gutter press. 

What mistranslation? I read the original quote in Thai.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

True statement but with a little twist . Vaccines are still mainly for over 60 and 7 underlying conditions , everyone else still waits unless can get creative ????

You begrudge the vulnerable groups having priority so they can avoid death by Covid? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I thought, just for a second, that some might be happy and grateful, with praise for Anutin. Sadly, no. 

I wonder if its because of the mistranslated news report about 'dirty' foreigners by the English gutter press. 

You must have a very short memory, have you forgotten past performance, and may be pressure from the foreign embassies may have something to do with it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

And lucky you having a government that is not providing vaccines for everyone sooner. Even for those under a certain age. Everyone needs to be vaccinated, but the most vulnerable need to go 1st. The aim is to save lives. So get in line and wait your turn. 

What's you age? any diseases, over 100kg?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, kennw said:

You must have a very short memory, have you forgotten past performance, and may be pressure from the foreign embassies may have something to do with it

I guess if they did not showed real interaction on vaccinating foreigners as negotiated by America , they would not receive no further shipments from USA ......, as it became very quick a almost " show example " of vaccinating foreigners with Pfizer by a few days already.... ????

Another shipment was/is expected soon from USA 

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

I got my Pvacc (appointment for monday) through a Mvacc sign up at the private in Udon in May ! My Mvacc shot will be transferred over to another family member 

Edited by riclag

I don't have any faith in the system: Thailand always exemplifies how not to do something well.  It's the way it is and will likely never change.

I just live one day at a time. I'm keeping myself fit and taking precautions.  I'm resigned to the fact that I will get covid19 because we have workers in the house, and kids are all around.  Fingers crossed, and fXXx the lot of 'em.

• Like 2