Re-Entry Permit at Changwattana - Still Something I can do?

Hey there

I am jumping back to the UK to see parents and get vaccinated (yes, trying to come back will be fun indeed!)

Can I still rock up at Changwattana to do my re-entry there during these times? without an appointment?

Reason I ask is I just spent about an hour trying to understand the website guidelines/this online appointment system and I'm still confused :S

Thank you

Edited by ThailandPermanent

In principle you should get your reentry permit.

But!

But in the moment they have a computer problem with the reentry permit. I just received my Non-B visa extension for a year. But no reentry permit. According to the agent the immigration office has a computer problem with that and hopefully next week it will work again. Better check before you go.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In principle you should get your reentry permit.

But!

But in the moment they have a computer problem with the reentry permit. I just received my Non-B visa extension for a year. But no reentry permit. According to the agent the immigration office has a computer problem with that and hopefully next week it will work again. Better check before you go.

Thank you for letting me know this!

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Bear in mind that you can get a re-entry permit at the airport just prior to departure.

Indeed.  Always faster.  It has never taken me more than 20 minutes.  Same re-entry permits, single or multiple entry for the same price as CW. Currently open when departing flights are scheduled.  It is located in the passport control area, after security. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dddave said:

Indeed.  Always faster.  It has never taken me more than 20 minutes.  Same re-entry permits, single or multiple entry for the same price as CW. Currently open when departing flights are scheduled.  It is located in the passport control area, after security. 

Is it open 24 hours?

My flight time would mean I show up about 04:00

I'm just paranoid I'll get there and it'll be empty lol

12 minutes ago, ThailandPermanent said:

Is it open 24 hours?

My flight time would mean I show up about 04:00

I'm just paranoid I'll get there and it'll be empty lol

Usually, it is open 24 hours. Most likely, it will not be manned when there are no departing flights. However, at least one immigration official will certainly be assigned to the re-entry counter if departing passengers are looking for one.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good idea. Hopefully their computer system works...

"Sorry Mr., not today" ???? 

In 15 years of flying out of BKK literally hundreds of times, I have yet to be told: "Sorry, not today" 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dddave said:

In 15 years of flying out of BKK literally hundreds of times, I have yet to be told: "Sorry, not today" 

"Hundreds of times"?

And you obtained a single-entry re-entry permit at SBIA/BKK each time?

Curious.

Begs the question. Why?

Wouldn't you have obtained a multiple entry re-entry permit, and saved yourself "hundreds" on individual visits with Immigration at the airport for a re-entry permit?

I think most people, who are frequent travelers, obtained a multiple entry re-entry permit coincidental with their annual extension of stay.

Worked ten+ years as an "OBC":  basically an air courier out of Bangkok, four to six international flights a month.  Of course, I had a multiple entry re-entry permit, but it still had to clear immigration every departure.  Never once denied boarding because of computers not functioning.  Delayed yes, denied never.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good idea. Hopefully their computer system works...

"Sorry Mr., not today" ???? 

At the airport, they can do re-entry permits even if the computer system is down. They have a paper only backup. It is appreciated that you cannot come back another day. What may not be available is a photo machine which eliminates a need to bring a visa size photo with you. Make sure you have one of those with you just in case.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, samwell said:

I am out of Thailand next month so will be needing a Reentry permit. What do I need to have with me and where exactly is the desk for it? 

The re-entry permit desk at Suvarnabhumi is in immigration zone 2 after security before the departure immigration desks.

You only need your passport to apply there if you willing to pay the 200 baht fee for them to do some copies and the photo for the TM8 form.

If not you need a copy of your passport photo page, extension stamp, last arrival stamp and TM6 departure card. And a completed TM8 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

• Like 1