Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

11 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I could be mistaken, but the first guy climbing on to the police truck appears to be still clutching his can of beer.  Probably an Aussie - they know how to prioritize. 

Maybe a decaf Latte with cocoa sprinkles too.......

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

if you drink in your room with a friend then that's fine,  your not breaking any law.

If you drink outside with your friend after curfew hours then you are breaking the law .....

it's quite simple really   !    :coffee1:

Plus drinking at home you're much less likely to find yourself reported to the Police (as was the case here) or plastered all over stranger's Facebook

• Like 2

Well, they were asking for it, so no surprise they eventually got it - stupid is as stupid does. On a side note, I get the impression the equivalent of, what in the UK we used to call, pub lock-ins with limited attendance are fairly ubiquitous, with only a few high profile cases being busted; so I guess the less stupid are doing it speakeasy style with minimal risk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

This nightly gathering outside of TreeTown has been going on as long as the lockdown rules have been in place & no doubt splashed all over Social Media so it was only a matter of time before the BiB took some action... 

And no, it wasn't just farang's sat on the sidewalk drinking a beer by themselves... Here's a pic taken (Not by me) on 4th August...

SB.jpg

As an aside, during the 1st Lockdown in Singapore 2 guys "Bumped into each other" whilst coming back from the store to buy beer so decided to enjoy the beers sat on a bench in the park.  Police caught them, cancelled their Work Permits & deported them...

I know we're not in Singapore but something similar could happen to people here if these kind of things continue to make headline news. 

Singapore doesn't mess around with scalawags.

Cleanest city I've ever been to.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, michaellee said:

It’s not after the curfew hours, it’s always between 7 pm till 8.30 pm. They gather every night not just Friday night. Friday night is the busiest. I drive by to buy food and I see these same idiots every night drinking sitting close to each other with no mask and social distancing and hugging, so happy they’re finally been kicked out of that spot.

Omg you see every night .

I guess you time them as well?

Maybe you missed your count , they were arrested at 9 pm while it was in full swing 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, why oh why would they think that the Thai people will not snitch on them....they are in Pattaya, access to TF, Tinder, Badoo, etc....it is close to 9 pm...the critical thinking skills vanish in that city?

Pay the extra 20,000 THB....that is about 5 to 6 LT money that is now gone!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

too bad if just walking past with a water in your hand not sure if drinking a beer on your own is strictly illegal either, this is pushing rules to abuse levels, then they pile them all into vehicles and soi 9 breaking the rules they were arrested for

nothing but a money grab

also - looking at the area along the footpath seems there are now market stalls along there for food etc - gathering is going to happen so who is breaking the rules ?????

no these people are not there to buy food, there’s few restaurant they hang out every night at the same spot buy beer from 7/11 across the street, sit’s there, hang out till 8.30pm or close to curfew time of 9pm. Don’t comment if you don’t live or know the truth 

• Haha 1

too bad if just walking past with a water in your hand not sure if drinking a beer on your own is strictly illegal either, this is pushing rules to abuse levels, then they pile them all into vehicles and soi 9 breaking the rules they were arrested for

nothing but a money grab

also - looking at the area along the footpath seems there are now market stalls along there for food etc - gathering is going to happen so who is breaking the rules ?????

In theory even without the water you already breaking the law by being outside during curfew hours ????

• Confused 1

who is breaking the rules ?????

as guests in this country who are not doing as directed AKA round eyes with the "It happens to other people not me, i'm special'' virus it seems obvious to me.

• Like 1