Thailand reports 19,014 COVID-19 cases, 20,672 recoveries, 233 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously a rhetorical question @dinsdale. We can guess the reasoning with an October opening still on the books.  Vietnam tommorow will place HoChiMin City in a locked in status with use of the military to deliver aid and food to the locked in residents.  Here the military is needed to secure the borders......

" Here the Military is needed to secure the Borders "

And to fly Fruit back and forth from Chang Mai to the Deep South in their Military Aircraft

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Some people want to see it survive, but we'll others know the truth of cases growing. Does not seem this Governments cares much about safety. Yet Vietnam is going the distance with their lockdowns and lockingbthem in, well in Ho Chi Min City effective tomorrow at least, and no they are not readying to open for tourism or open new hotels like Thailand is. A stark comparison.

Hanoi Times was suggesting sandbox on Phu Quoc........ I thought they were more clever than that.

Most likely on back burner now since Saigon going downhill.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More money in pockets and more dodgy numbers. Why not just go in and do PCR tests.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, starky said:

New South Wales now up to 200k tests a day...1 state in 1 day. How many Thailand doing again?

Indeed. NSW about the population of BKK. I have asked the question why testing has gone from mid 70K to low 50k/high 40k. The majority on here know why this is but as of yet no response from the fanboys. Pitiful. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

At this rate we will reach 10k deaths by the end of the month.  The statistics are not in Thailand's favor at this point.  A lack of testing is the way I see it and why the numbers are in the 19k range.  All around us the bordering countries are getting knocked hard, but Thailand is a mystery with almost flatlined daily numbers with no large growth.  I wonder how many ATK kit tests were done over this Saturday and how many are now isolating at home.  Stay safe folks.

I see the infection rate being as low as 3000 per Day by Mid August. ( if the Country is to open 1st October )

The game seems all too predictable to me. With 3000 infection per Day, the doors can open in October, any more and they will have to postpone the opening

Mid August has to be the time when the Infections bottom out at about this number, because people have to have time to get confident in the numbers, book flights , hotels etc.

3 weeks for this to happen.

1000 less Infections every Day will equal 21 K - sounds about right

• Like 1

By my own calculations, I would anticipate that the Govt current stock of vaccine types will diminish in say 13 days, i.e. if they hold say approx 5m vaccine types in stock.

The AZ will not be arriving until next month, let's say 01 Sept and distribution to Provinces on 03 Sept.

I'm not sure if the Sinovac has actually been ordered but will no doubt proceed and they will possibly be delivered before the AZ arrives.  

All speculation of course.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I see the infection rate being as low as 3000 per Day by Mid August. ( if the Country is to open 1st October )

The game seems all too predictable to me. With 3000 infection per Day, the doors can open in October, any more and they will have to postpone the opening

Mid August has to be the time when the Infections bottom out at about this number, because people have to have time to get confident in the numbers, book flights , hotels etc.

3 weeks for this to happen.

1000 less Infections every Day will equal 21 K - sounds about right

Mud August has come and gone. Did you mean mid September by chance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Do you think openning the border to Myanmar would be a good idea? What about Indonesia? Malaysia? The Delta virus is globally out of control. High vaccination rates are helping with hospitalisations and deaths for now. Vaccinated people can still contract, spread, get seriously ill and die from Sars-CoV-2. Double vaccinated in Thailand is still <10%. Do you really think it's a good time to open the borders?

I have to add to this. At the beginning the WHO said you didn't have to close your borders. How did that go?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Do you think openning the border to Myanmar would be a good idea? What about Indonesia? Malaysia? The Delta virus is globally out of control. High vaccination rates are helping with hospitalisations and deaths for now. Vaccinated people can still contract, spread, get seriously ill and die from Sars-CoV-2. Double vaccinated in Thailand is still <10%. Do you really think it's a good time to open the borders?

The country is overrun with the delta variant already. shutting down a country’s borders would be to stop it from getting in and infecting people. As mentioned, that point has already past. 

Anyone else?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikesalaugh said:

I agree the opening depends on the vaccination numbes but  - also on the infection rates. The infection rates are reflected in the testing numbers which are rapidly dropping.

If Thailand waits until 70% are double vaccinated we are looking at 12 months+, it's not going to happen this year. - The big pledge was to open in "120" days - imho it won't happen. Just to add that the U.K are over 75% double vaccinated and cases are still 30,000 a day (with diminished hospitalisations and deaths). - You can't beat this virus and all countries need to learn to live with it and not wreck thier economy.

To be clear, you are suggesting that countries vaccinate whoever can be vaccinated, and then deal with hospital care for the unvaccinated.

25 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

The country is overrun with the delta variant already. shutting down a country’s borders would be to stop it from getting in and infecting people. As mentioned, that point has already past. 

Anyone else?

I guess it might make it worse. Just a thought.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This would be from the mayor who wants to open up. A familiar story. How many today in Pattaya. Almost 1,100. ATK found 19 per day over a 10 day period using 5,000 tests. I'm sorry but I just can't believe this.

• Like 1