Thailand reports 19,014 COVID-19 cases, 20,672 recoveries, 233 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

27 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I guess it might make it worse. Just a thought.

How open up to western vaccinated tourists might make it worse?

Nobody will come anyway because it's like going to jail but I don't see how it would make it worse.

Edited by Anton9

With all this deception and manipulation of the truth I hope the chickens will come home to roost. What will happen to those at the the top here who knows. Bit like what will happen to those who made this happen and let this happen. Heads need to roll at the highest level and this is exactly why it won't. They are at the highest level. 

p.s. this may be above some posters level of thought and this is without intention.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

How open up to western vaccinated tourists might make it worse?

Nobody will come anyway because it's like going to jail but I don't see how it would make it worse.

8 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

I guess it might make it worse. Just a thought.

Was this my full post? Not scrolling back to look. Ask me a question then use my full post please.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Only 180 people tested positive in Pattaya yesterday? Wow! Ok. 1,092 in Changwat Chonburi but only 180 in Pattaya. Is this what you are saying?

Since you were talking about the mayor of Pattaya, the appropriate number is 180, the number of new infections in Pattaya.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Since you were talking about the mayor of Pattaya, the appropriate number is 180, the number of new infections in Pattaya.

I'm getting a bit confused. 180 infections all up in Pattaya yesterday. PCR and rapid antigen combined?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, starky said:

New South Wales now up to 200k tests a day...1 state in 1 day. How many Thailand doing again?

Not really accurate 200k results came through. They explicitly stated that 60k were overdue negative result notifications. They have now removed some testing criteria for essential workers to reduce the pressure and turn around time for results. I would say the max they can do effectively is about 120k still good as mostly for the metro population of 5 million 

18 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Only 180 people tested positive in Pattaya yesterday? Wow! Ok. 1,092 in Changwat Chonburi but only 180 in Pattaya. Is this what you are saying?

I remember just a few weeks back when many were saying it had peaked in Pattaya, now they are used to the higher numbers and 180 is nothing to them. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bangkok is only at #14 for cases per capita today, Chonburi is 3rd and Phuket has risen to 19th

Good information, but rather less than useful unless they also tell you how many people they tested.  Is BKK's Cases/100K low because they test a very low percentage of the population?

• Like 1

A large number of off-topic posts as well as soem bickering/baiting posts have been removed.

there are many threads running on the Phuket Sandbox in the Phuket sub-forum. Please put any posts on that subject there.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Harry Black said:

I went to Bumrungrad the other day for my yearly medical, best to keep on top of things. Very professional, all safeguards in place. Very happy I had a clean bill of health, even managed to cut down on my statins!!!!

If anyone is scared of going to a hospital at the moment, please  consider other health issues that may go unchecked.

Excellent post and a timely reminder. There are other things that can get forgotten with so much focus on Covid. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Thanks but I was asking about both. PCR and Antigen together. Is there a number for both?

Getting there DD. Don't need the confused emoji I'm quite capable of that myself. So Chonburi over the past 10 days has recorded 12,727 cases. How many in Pattaya over the same period. 

• Confused 1

Thailand is expected to have more COVID-19 infections than reported figures. "ATK" test results are positive but not included.

"Rural Doctors Society Facebook posted about the issue on August 22, 2021.

According to the heart of understanding the report figures, there are a few important issues to look at together.

The actual number of people infected is higher than reported.

As of today 22 Aug 2021,  we've seen an average of around 20,000 cases per day, but this figure is due to this week's RT-PCR testing averaging 52,845 tests a day, which means there are still a few RT-PCR tests available because of it's potential. Thailand does more than 100,000 cases a day.

While daily ATK tests are reported as positive, they are not included in the numbers of infected people.  If anyone repeats the RT-PCR, if it is positive, it will be counted as a new patient. But if you don't ret check it, you'll be gone." 

'Rural Doctors' Thailand is expected to be infected with COVID-19 more than the report figures. (bangkokbiznews.com)

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Real cases are probably 4/5 times more than offical figures.

Around 40% positivity rate, Is there any other country with such a high percentage?

My thoughts exactly and have been since the start of the pandemic out there? When my Thai friends are reporting to me more cases of Covid that they know about than my friends here in the UK are, something is definitely amiss? Especially when we are still reporting a steady 30000 plus cases/day ourselves? The published mortality rate is also a dead giveaway IMHO, when you take into account that the UK only suffered a mortality rate of 0.5%, even when both confirmed infections and testing was at its highest?

COVID-19: Thailand reports 17,491 coronavirus cases and 22,134 recoveries

COV23.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (August 23) reported 17,491 new COVID-19 cases and 242 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1228382-covid-19-thailand-reports-17491-coronavirus-cases-and-22134-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin