New Phuket order revises conditions for suspending Sandbox scheme

Jonathan Fairfield

18 hours ago, wasabi said:

Farang must now confirm they were not raped or murdered every day.  If that is what Thailand calls a vacation I think I will just stay home.

They should have reveille at 5 a.m every morning and have tourists parade for roll call.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

How about this one?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

I only posted to highlight the idiocy of picking vaccines like picking cars based on brand. Phizer must be best because... et al. AZ followed by Phizer is supposed to be better than Phizer followed by AZ.

It says in your link it still prevents severe illness, plus that it conflicts with other data. I would look for more recent data.

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

Umm, some hotels are filling up, getting harder to make a reservation, a lot of restaurants getting busy, and more people arriving every day.  These are based on reports from people actually there, which is obviously not you.  Perhaps you should consider getting your 'news' from sources beside pulling it out of thin air or trying to echo other doom mongers here wishing they were there.

Apparently my 1% that I read in another article was even too high. It is only 0.6%. 

https://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism.asp

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, stevenl said:

Thanks for showing you don't understand the principle.

I understand that the principle is to be an experimental test for the country to see what happens if they reopen to tourism starting with the inferior vaccines they have chosen. Unfortunately, local infections persist and are growing, even with almost everything closed and restricted. Also it is to measure just how many tourists are desperate enough to come here with the hurdles, extreme difficulty, testing, costs, and risk of being separated from your family, forced into the new converted Phuket Covid hospital jail, or sent home. 

• Sad 1