Can Anybody Show to do another persons 90 Day report?

Can anybody, with no special circumstances, show up to do another persons 90 day report?

If not:

What special circumstances might qualify, & what evidence would be needed?

I anticipate surgery/recovery during period 90 day report would be due.

Buriram IO charge 500 Baht if the person doing the reporting isn't the person named in the passport.

Edit: There are 2 IO in Buriram.  I do not know which one takes the money or if they both do. You take your chance.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

As far as I am aware anyone can do it.  If I can't park outside Imm. in Maesai my wife goes in and does it , they don't ask who she is , the passport just gets a new notification of the next date folded up and stappled in it.  Around the end of July I was up the steps at Imm. and back down with new 90 day in 3 minutes , Then we shop at Makro , an easy day.

• Like 2

Can you share your reporting office location?

Do they allow mail-in? If so, you could prepare this ahead of time and then just have someone post it for you. 

Have you tried reporting on-line, web or app?

I know MTT in Bangkok does allow third-parties to file a 90-day on behalf of someone else. We've sent a trusted party to MTT, armed with a PoA, which wasn't required, to file for an aged neighbor. No problems at all. We've since switched him to mail-in.

Back in the olden days, I would see all sorts of third-parties, from motorbike taxi drivers, to runners holding ~ 25 passports, in the 90-day reporting room.

Have a fully and speedy recovery.

• Like 1

I'd like to apologies to to all, and immigration, but Buriram charge 100, not 500, Baht for a 90 day report not done by the person named in the passport. Sorry if I miss led unintentionally.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

No receipt, right?

For sure. I know of a Thai that does it every 90 days for 10 foreign workers  who she employs. She in fact asked my wife if I could do it online for her to save her the monies.

The second person I know of was the luk krung son of a farang who was in Buriram and did his father a favour in trying to help him.

Buriram IO is noted for not giving receipts when they should,. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 8/22/2021 at 1:33 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Buriram IO charge 500 Baht if the person doing the reporting isn't the person named in the passport.

Edit: There are 2 IO in Buriram.  I do not know which one takes the money or if they both do. You take your chance.

I called chiayaphum immgration and they said don't worry or come in or sending anything they said they will just send me the new report to me by post. 

• Confused 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, ubonjoe said:

There are no special circumstances needed to have somebody to do the 90 day report for you.

It can be anybody you designate to do it.

At most offices all that is needed is completed TM47 form, your passport and the receipt for you most recent report.

This from the immigration website. "2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification"

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

At Pattaya's Immigration Office, anyone can do it for you.  There is no charge. The person just needs to present the person's passport & receipt for last report - they scan the bar code and print out a new receipt with your next reporting date shown.  At Pattaya Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5, there is no requirement to submit the TM.47 form if there have no changes.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:06 PM, OneZero said:

an anybody, with no special circumstances, show up to do another persons 90 day report?

If not:

What special circumstances might qualify, & what evidence would be needed?

I anticipate surgery/recovery during period 90 day report would be due.

Yes anybody.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Unfortunately not everyone seems to be able to connect to IO"s online service.  

It is easy to connect to the online site. You cannot use a VPN to do it the only restriction.

Here is the link. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Scroll down to the bottom of terms and conditions and tick the box to acknowledge them to get to the next page.

I did my Marriage extension on 4 Aug. My 90 day report was due on 12 Aug. I received my under consideration stamp but the IO officer never did my '90 day report'. I asked why he didn't do the report. He said 'don't worry all will be put right when my 'under consideration'  stamp is agreed'.

So as of this day I'm 9 days late/over due. Will he try to fine me or will he correct things when I get my under consideration stamp? What's your guess?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I did my Marriage extension on 4 Aug. My 90 day report was due on 12 Aug. I received my under consideration stamp but the IO officer never did my '90 day report'. I asked why he didn't do the report. He said 'don't worry all will be put right when my 'under consideration'  stamp is agreed'.

So as of this day I'm 9 days late/over due. Will he try to fine me or will he correct things when I get my under consideration stamp? What's your guess?

Extensions and 90 day reporting are not linked in anyway after the first one. You could of done your 90 day report while at immigration since your were within the 15 days before your report date window to do it.

You can be fined 2000 baht for being over 7 days late doing your report.

I know that the 2 are not linked. And I know I can be fined for failing to report. So why would the IO not do the 90 day report when I asked him to. It's not as if he didn't check my passport to see if I was in breach of any rules.

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I know that the 2 are not linked. And I know I can be fined for failing to report. So why would the IO not do the 90 day report when I asked him to. It's not as if he didn't check my passport to see if I was in breach of any rules.

Maybe it was not his responsibility to do 90 day reports. Many office have separate desks for doing them.

Last year I did one during the same visa to immigration for my extension since I had skipped 2 of them under the amnesty. I took a queue number from the machine for my extension and then another one for my day report and got it done while waiting for my extension number to be called.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe it was not his responsibility to do 90 day reports. Many office have separate desks for doing them.

Last year I did one during the same visa to immigration for my extension since I had skipped 2 of them under the amnesty. I took a queue number from the machine for my extension and then another one for my day report and got it done while waiting for my extension number to be called.

Pattaya Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 has two desks, one for retirement extensions and the other for 90 day reporting.  On my last extension, as usual, I picked up my passport with the new extension stamp the following day.  I then obtained a queue number for the 90 day report desk and did the report (I was overdue, but still within the 7 day grace period).

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At Buriram IO (footbal stadium) they have more than one desk. Without making this drawn out. The woman that did the paperwork for my extension passed the completed paperwork to the officer (Sub Lieutenant), as I recall, and he signed the big black book to confirm all was okay. As I said he must have seen the TM47 was also required. Plus I'd asked him why he hadn't renewed it. 

It looks like I'm going to have to wait for the answer when my 'under consideration, is confirmed.  I'll let yous know the outcome. 16 years have been here and every year there's a problem. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is easy to connect to the online site. You cannot use a VPN to do it the only restriction.

Here is the link. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Scroll down to the bottom of terms and conditions and tick the box to acknowledge them to get to the next page.

The problem is not connecting to the site but the fact that the site chooses randomly whether it will allow your completed form to go through or if you get the famous "please report to local immigration office " in 3years using Rayong Immi I think my success rate would be about 6 in every 10 applications. 

21 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

another person can do report for you.....what about all the agents who do it???

can do 15 days bedore due date or up to 7 days after due date !!!!!

Anyone can do the report for you until the due date. The 7-day grace period, however, is only available if you do your own report. At least, that seems to be the established practice at most offices.

Just now, BritTim said:

Anyone can do the report for you until the due date. The 7-day grace period, however, is only available if you do your own report. At least, that seems to be the established practice at most offices.

Interesting.  If true, that is important information to avoid late penalty by the person helping you do it.  I wouldn't be surprised if that could just be an "extra earner" by selected Imm offices; but of cpourse I don't really know.

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That is not correct. The late in the rules is after the 7 days since you have to be present to pay the fine.

My wife has done several of my reports after the report date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It doesn't appear to be noted on the internet as being so.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.