Intensity of COVID-19 pandemic in Bangkok and peripherals expected to ease

snoop1130

covid-23821-768x512.jpg

The rate of new COVID-19 infections in Bangkok and its five neighbouring provinces has a tendency to slow down, thanks to the partial lockdown, increased vaccinations of the elderly, pregnant women and those afflicted with underlying diseases and good cooperation from the public, said CCSA Spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin today (Monday).

New infections reported in Thailand today are 17,491, which includes 7,572 cases in Bangkok and its five surrounding provinces, accounting for 44%. 9,514 cases are in the other 71 provinces. 398 cases are among prisoners and the rest are arrivals from abroad in state quarantine.

Dr. Taweesin said that the continuation of partial lockdown measures, such as working from home, the closure of high-risk venues and accelerated inoculation of target groups, can lead to as much as a 25% reduction in new COVID-19 infections by December.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/intensity-of-covid-19-pandemic-in-bangkok-and-peripherals-expected-to-ease/

Logo-top-.png

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The rate of new COVID-19 infections in Bangkok and its five neighbouring provinces has a tendency to slow down, thanks to the partial lockdown, increased vaccinations of the elderly, pregnant women and those afflicted with underlying diseases and good cooperation from the public, said CCSA Spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin today (Monday).

A company near me with 350 employees has had over 50 with Covid, more expected...

all at home self isolating and being treated, I wonder if these are included into the national figure or if they go towards the new found downward trend in figures.

And that company is not the only one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Still we get Cigna advertising at the end of articles on the pandemic. In v poor taste!

I have the option to click to view. Opted not to.

You could try lobbying for a premium subscription if you have too much money.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, Will B Good said:

Lockdowns do work, but they only stave off the inevitable. Unless the vaccine roll out has a high coverage, Bangkok will see infections rocket again just as they have in the UK and US.

Something is not right and does not add up , in uk there are 77% of population that have had both vaccinations so they are fully vaccinated there also must be going by the figures at least 22% that have had covid and recovered from it and now have natural immunity , that leaves 1% left but yet new infections are rising and so are deaths this is impossible and does not add up therefore I won't be taking the vaccine as I think we are being lied to by the ones above.

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

Something is not right and does not add up , in uk there are 77% of population that have had both vaccinations so they are fully vaccinated there also must be going by the figures at least 22% that have had covid and recovered from it and now have natural immunity , that leaves 1% left but yet new infections are rising and so are deaths this is impossible and does not add up therefore I won't be taking the vaccine as I think we are being lied to by the ones above.

Nit picking...only 62.7% fully vaccinated.

Although deaths are rising (and hospitalizations) they are nothing like on the scale of previous waves. 

One thing that is becoming obvious is the vaccination doesn't (necessarily) prevent infection, but does reduce your risk of a more serious outcome.