I think I know why Pfizer became available for foreigners

BestB

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you post an image of this?

Some portion of Pfizer vaccines were meant to go to foreigners over 60.

I'm not certain expiration date factored into anything, but have I heard crazier theories? Yep.

From my Jab Monday. This was stuck on my detail papers

aviary-image-1629691635078.jpeg

When it comes to handling of the Pfizer, I guess it doesn't dawn to those they can't confirm how the Sinovac or AZ has been handle. No one has questioned the donations of the China sino nor has anyone question the donation of the AZ by Japan, England etc..

It isn't rocket science when it comes to the Pfizer donated by the U.S. they are have a abundance of it due to the population not wanting the shot so instead of dumping it prior to expiration it is donated there is another 2.5 million doses coming donated so expect nothing different if you don't want it too scare or worry then don't!  I'm sure the Sinovac is more transparent and the Chinese has nothing to hide.????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BestB said:

Do not think so, it’s still within expiry date and we having similar side effects . If it was off, we would not get any side effects at all. ????

What? How can you possibly say that? What evidence or experience of vaccine research do you have? The side effects of vaccines could easily be due to the adjuncts and solvents that are added to the vaccine and there are many. They are often quite stable beyond the life of the serum itself. Even an inactive serum can be antigenic and cause side effects.

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Received my first Pfizer shot; hardly any side effects, except feeling a bit sleepy the same day, and getting very slight and short headaches (barely noticeable) on the second day. I'm a bit worried that the vaccine was perhaps 'wrongly' handled or 'not working' due to being nearly expired. 

headaches could be a sign of a problem with that side effect.  Believe the nurses/drs say you should contact the hospital of headaches occur (poss blood clots after the brain, before is a stroke but side effect of the vaccines sometimes is the latest)  Just saying.  I got my first on Friday, only a sore shoulder for the first two days, not other symptoms whatsoever.

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

My "skirt" is my wife of 24 yrs,we like doing things together,as do most of my friends and their " skirts" what a silly post

So sweet, does she need to hold your hand while you go toilet ?

• Sad 5
  • Haha 2

I might disagree to your assumption. The vaccinations were flown in quite some time ago and it took the gifted local logistics all that time to put those donated vaccinations out into where they are needed. 

Here in Nong Khai the same pattern; Pfizer everywhere with next month's expiry. Irrelevant, as long as they are being made to good use. 

Just now, thesetat2013 said:

I'm curious how you even managed to register being their website only accepted people over 60 or with the 7 underlying conditions. 

I read that 43K people signed up, 2/3 under 60, mostly from BKK.  I read 60-74 so now I understand

that some folks have registered for shots in 4-6 locations trying just to get one to come through.

19 minutes ago, Card said:

What? How can you possibly say that? What evidence or experience of vaccine research do you have? The side effects of vaccines could easily be due to the adjuncts and solvents that are added to the vaccine and there are many. They are often quite stable beyond the life of the serum itself. Even an inactive serum can be antigenic and cause side effects.

Seek serious help , you need it and double the dosage

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

I might disagree to your assumption. The vaccinations were flown in quite some time ago and it took the gifted local logistics all that time to put those donated vaccinations out into where they are needed. 

Here in Nong Khai the same pattern; Pfizer everywhere with next month's expiry. Irrelevant, as long as they are being made to good use. 

Also possible and as I said I was and am happy. From what I read , US donation was just last month,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I read that 43K people signed up, 2/3 under 60, mostly from BKK.  I read 60-74 so now I understand

that some folks have registered for shots in 4-6 locations trying just to get one to come through.

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital site was only for their customers, needed hospital number to register 

12 hours ago, BestB said:

can not, because they take it as you are leaving

Well i am under 60 ????

did not even have to beg or ask, they just made an offer which one i wanted

And do not get me wrong i am happy, and expiry next month does not bother me, but makes sense why its so freely available.

If it was so freely available they would have given it to Thai as well , but they are just giving it to foreigners(ok maybe to elite Thai as well but the websites and registrations we are getting it thru , only foreigners). So it's not as freely available as you think . I am happy that i got it and that my second shot also will be pfizer but a bit confused that the normal masses in Thailand are being vaxxed with mix and match shots and that we get the good stuff . Normally they aren't so found of us hence double pricing and Mr A calling us dirty(ok maybe if we had to pay for it would make it understandable but it's free of charge) 

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Received my first Pfizer shot; hardly any side effects, except feeling a bit sleepy the same day, and getting very slight and short headaches (barely noticeable) on the second day. I'm a bit worried that the vaccine was perhaps 'wrongly' handled or 'not working' due to being nearly expired. 

Not entirely relevant as I went Sinovac/AZ, but had no reaction at all to my first shot. The second shot was fine for about six hours, then boom, felt really ill for the next 10 hours and didn't fully recover for 6/7 days.

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

Also possible and as I said I was and am happy. From what I read , US donation was just last month,

Well, those jabs have - apparently - a short shelf life and require cooling/freezing. As the government is involved all the way logistics can be ensured that anything reaches any place within 24 hours - if there is a will ........ me thinks ???? 

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If it was so freely available they would have given it to Thai as well , but they are just giving it to foreigners(ok maybe to elite Thai as well but the websites and registrations we are getting it thru , only foreigners). So it's not as freely available as you think . I am happy that i got it and that my second shot also will be pfizer but a bit confused that the normal masses in Thailand are being vaxxed with mix and match shots and that we get the good stuff . Normally they aren't so found of us hence double pricing and Mr A calling us dirty(ok maybe if we had to pay for it would make it understandable but it's free of charge) 

Indeed , does not make sense and in the past I have commented that something has happened and some kind of push to vaccinate foreigners had started.

thai can hardly even get AZ but we foreigners get a choice of all 3 and can even mix and match 

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I had my Pfizer last week. I thought it was odd she did not take the vaccine from a vial but had the syringes alreaded "loaded". So i couldn't see expiry dates or even if it was Pfizer.

Same here thinking about it. Had AZ, but the nurse just a had a big box of preloaded syringes and she dipped into it as people sat down. I guess it is the only efficient way of doing a mass vaccination.

Edited by Will B Good

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I had my Pfizer last week. I thought it was odd she did not take the vaccine from a vial but had the syringes alreaded "loaded". So i couldn't see expiry dates or even if it was Pfizer.

You had paper with your name and all the info , after the jab , she attached a sticker on it , which had serial number, batch number and expiration date , same as posted by another member few posts up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

You had paper with your name and all the info , after the jab , she attached a sticker on it , which had serial number, batch number and expiration date , same as posted by another member few posts up

After the second dose do you get some sort of certificate to show the vaccine used, batch etc needed for any future travel?

Just now, Henryford said:

After the second dose do you get some sort of certificate to show the vaccine used, batch etc needed for any future travel?

I did, all very efficient. My problem is it was Sinovac/AZ combo and I doubt it will be accepted in the UK.

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

No idea, I only had my first and have nothing at all but a general leaflet for the second shot 

Just now, Will B Good said:

I did, all very efficient. My problem is it was Sinovac/AZ combo and I doubt it will be accepted in the UK.

100% not. Some EU countries do not even accept Az if made in Thailand , which personally I find very weird 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, BestB said:

can not, because they take it as you are leaving

Well i am under 60 ????

did not even have to beg or ask, they just made an offer which one i wanted

And do not get me wrong i am happy, and expiry next month does not bother me, but makes sense why its so freely available.

Presumably you have one of the qualifying underlying conditions then. Would have been helpful if you posted that in the OP rather thank confusing the issue by mentioning you're under 60.

Of course this is an assumption on my part. Apologies in advance if indeed you have no qualifying conditions.

Edited by malathione

2 minutes ago, malathione said:

Presumably you have one of the qualifying underlying conditions then. Would have been helpful if you posted that in the OP rather thank confusing the issue by mentioning you're under 60. If you don't have any of them then it would help if you would clearly mention that as well as your age.

Irrelevant, no one asks for any doctors reports or even what your condition is and I did mention my age , it helps to read  and think before posting .

in addition , it helps to understand post is not about how under 60 gets vaccine

• Sad 2