Protection from virus down to 50% after 6 months AZ and Pfizer

fredscats

7 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Incredibly misleading headline. Please read the article 

Coronavirus latest news: Booster plan 'urgently' needed as vaccine protection for elderly may fall below 50pc by winter

Whichever way you read it,even johnson falls to 61%    Plus the UK are 12 months ahead of other studies especially AZ,and boosters "urgently"  needed,even Sky news now reporting

Edited by fredscats
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Orac said:

Must  have missed that  bit where he stated vaccines are a waste of time - seemed to be talking about the importance of boosters which have been on the cards for some time.  Are you sure that is what he said…….

Nothing about boosters,nothing Will repeat Sky news

6 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Nothing about boosters,nothing Will repeat Sky news

If it is the Dr Tim Spector interview you are referring to I am pretty certain he did not make the claim you attributed to him - it would be a pretty big turnaround given the BBC interview with him over the same study he did states:

“Prof Spector said: "Waning protection is to be expected and is not a reason to not get vaccinated. “

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58322882

if it is someone else making these claims them maybe you could back it up a bit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Orac said:

If it is the Dr Tim Spector interview you are referring to I am pretty certain he did not make the claim you attributed to him - it would be a pretty big turnaround given the BBC interview with him over the same study he did states:

“Prof Spector said: "Waning protection is to be expected and is not a reason to not get vaccinated. “

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58322882

if it is someone else making these claims them maybe you could back it up a bit.

Sky news,will be repeated often today    No mention of booster experts say we should not write off AstraZeneca's work too early. Sir John Bell, the Oxford vaccine tsar, said data based on the disease appeared to show that Pfizer's durability declines steadily but rapidly, whereas AstraZeneca's does so much less quickly. "The immunity should be longer and more durable    Think AZ want to get out of the vacccine production  (telegraph)https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/08/24/doubts-grow-future-astrazenecas-covid-vaccine/

Edited by fredscats
  • Like 1

From the article "The latest analysis from Zoe, drawing on test results from 1.2 million app users, suggested that the Pfizer jab was 88 per cent effective at preventing Covid-19 infection a month after the second dose, but that this fell to 74 per cent after five to six months."

These are infection rates. How many went on to develop serious illness or, worse still, died from the infection? 

• Like 1

Imagine what it is with Sinovac and Astra Zeneca.

We already know that Sinovac has very low effectiveness.  Reports of its effeciency halving every 4 months.

Another mistep by the e 3 stooges running this sh** show.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

“Imagine what it is”

that’s what you are reduced to now. Imagining things and posting them on a forums 

Not imagination    Called "breakthrough infection" and its happening   (according the the head guy in infection).    Two/booster vaccinations are not enough

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

“Imagine what it is”

that’s what you are reduced to now. Imagining things and posting them on a forums 

SEARCH

Study shows antibodies drop by 50% every 40 days after 2 doses of Sinovac.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/study-shows-antibodies-drop-by-50-every-40-days-after-2-doses-of-sinovac

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

“Imagine what it is”

Thai study shows antibody levels after 2 doses of Sinovac drop 50% every 40 days

• July 13, 2021

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-study-shows-antibody-levels-after-2-doses-of-sinovac-drop-50-every-40-days/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmerslife said:

From the article "The latest analysis from Zoe, drawing on test results from 1.2 million app users, suggested that the Pfizer jab was 88 per cent effective at preventing Covid-19 infection a month after the second dose, but that this fell to 74 per cent after five to six months."

These are infection rates. How many went on to develop serious illness or, worse still, died from the infection? 

Don't you have a link to the article?

17 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thai study shows antibody levels after 2 doses of Sinovac drop 50% every 40 days

• July 13, 2021

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-study-shows-antibody-levels-after-2-doses-of-sinovac-drop-50-every-40-days/

You’ve had this pointed out to you again and again, but you chose to ignore it

1 last time

The study only lasted 60 days, so the headline that the antibody level drops 50% every 40 days is complete rubbish. That’s not what the study says at all

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

You’ve had this pointed out to you again and again, but you chose to ignore it

1 last time

The study only lasted 60 days, so the headline that the antibody level drops 50% every 40 days is complete rubbish. That’s not what the study says at all

Your a lost cause.

46 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:
SEARCH

Study shows antibodies drop by 50% every 40 days after 2 doses of Sinovac.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/study-shows-antibodies-drop-by-50-every-40-days-after-2-doses-of-sinovac

Antibodies dropping does not equation to protection dropping. Only large scale studies of those vaccinated can tell that Information. You are forgetting the activity of B and T cells. 

As I see it, two vaccines is enough. Then followed by natural infecton that will give a broader range of protection as only natural infection induces antibodies to attack the whole protein structure of the virus (not just the spike protein). 

I would only take a booster shot if it was one specific for the delta varinant (or whatever the next major variant will be). 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

50+ years after my measles and polio jabs, my antibody levels to measles and polio are down to pretty much (but not completely) zero.  Yet, I'm still protected from measles and polio. 

Antibody level is not the same as efficacy, nor immunity.

Yes, antibodies are the short term arm of protection. They never last that long and are not supposed to. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

50+ years after my measles and polio jabs, my antibody levels to measles and polio are down to pretty much (but not completely) zero.  Yet, I'm still protected from measles and polio. 

Its the same and its not good news if you have taken Sinovac.

I recommend you stay home with your mother until you get a you're 3rd or 4th booster shots.

I've never seen anyone so enthralled with a substandard vaccine.

It's odd to say the least.

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

Antibodies dropping does not equation to protection dropping. Only large scale studies of those vaccinated can tell that Information. You are forgetting the activity of B and T cells. 

As I see it, two vaccines is enough. Then followed by natural infecton that will give a broader range of protection as only natural infection induces antibodies to attack the whole protein structure of the virus (not just the spike protein). 

I would only take a booster shot if it was one specific for the delta varinant (or whatever the next major variant will be). 

Its related.

10 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It's an important to know low antibodies corelates to ones ability to fight of the virus.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/23/1029827996/new-evidence-points-to-antibodies-as-a-reliable-indicator-of-vaccine-protection

Edited by MrJ2U

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

Yes, antibodies are the short term arm of protection. They never last that long and are not supposed to. 

New Evidence Points To Antibodies As A Reliable Indicator Of Vaccine Protection

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/23/1029827996/new-evidence-points-to-antibodies-as-a-reliable-indicator-of-vaccine-protection