Car Road Tax

KannikaP

Please move to Motoring Forum.

I went yesterday to pay my annual road tax on my 10 year old Vigo, where they took Bht 4860.

When I got the paper back today, it was for 3414 as shown on the receipt and printed in the book. But added onto the book, in pencil, was a further Bht 1414 and 34.14. Anyone know what this is for please? My wife says something about paying for uninsured drivers.

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

7 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

How much did you pay last year as it should be the same ... look in the back of your Blue Book (Page 16) and it will tell you what you have paid every year..

last year 4096.80, printed in the book. Year before 4779, in 2562 it was 5462, in 61 6145, and all the years before that 6828. I know it goes down as the car gets older, but it was just this extra 1440 I cannot understand.

Edited by KannikaP

29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

last year 4096.80, printed in the book. Year before 4779, in 2562 it was 5462, in 61 6145, and all the years before that 6828. I know it goes down as the car gets older, but it was just this extra 1440 I cannot understand.

Obviously a mistake.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:36 PM, Kwasaki said:

So you should question it, it's a mistake.

I was told that it is an extra type of insurance recently introduced by the Govt.

Has anyone else had this charge on top of their normal road tax? Mine is Bht 1414 extra.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:13 PM, KannikaP said:

my annual road tax on my 10 year old Vigo, where they took Bht 4860.

My 12 year old Vigo tax is 1050 each year since new and hasn't changed. I wonder why yours is so much more. Mine is a 2 door extended cab is yours a 4 door by chance?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KeeTua said:

My 12 year old Vigo tax is 1050 each year since new and hasn't changed. I wonder why yours is so much more. Mine is a 2 door extended cab is yours a 4 door by chance?

Yes, mine is 4 door. Yours is classed as a 'commercial' vehicle. I have no problems with the actual tax, it is the extra they have added on this time which bothers me.

7 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

That doesn't look like 1414 to me.  More like 3414.

Yes I agree it does. However the 3414 plus 34.14 add up to 3448.14 which is what the tax invoice says.

I paid (well my Mrs did ) paid 4862.49, which is exactly 1414.35 more. Went back to the office today but couldn't get any sense.

My Mrs insists it is a new insurance premium recently introduced.

If it was, I am sure it would have been mentioned here on AN. 

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Yes I agree it does. However the 3414 plus 34.14 add up to 3448.14 which is what the tax invoice says.

I paid (well my Mrs did ) paid 4862.49, which is exactly 1414.35 more. Went back to the office today but couldn't get any sense.

My Mrs insists it is a new insurance premium recently introduced.

If it was, I am sure it would have been mentioned here on AN. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. Finally got a printed invoice from the testing place, which showed Bht 200 for the boys who 'tested' the vehicle and another sum for the office work involved. My mistake for letting 'the girls' do it. Cheers.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I was told that it is an extra type of insurance recently introduced by the Govt.

Has anyone else had this charge on top of their normal road tax? Mine is Bht 1414 extra.

Well my renewal insurance including govt CTPL from September 2021 to 2022 is the same price as last year apart from 30 baht a month extra for paying monthly.

My road tax for a Smartcab 1.9 is 1,300 baht or there abouts.

Edited by Kwasaki

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well my renewal insurance including govt CTPL from September 2021 to 2022 is the same price as last year apart from 30 baht a month extra for paying monthly.

My road tax for a Smartcab 1.9 is 1,300 baht or there abouts.

Thanks for the info. See my post one above this one. i found out what had happened. A misunderstanding !

My insurance goes down every year due to a reducing value, and the road tax also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

3rd party uninsured motorist perhaps. I payed 310 thb extra on my Xmax 3 weeks ago besides the 620 road tax.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

3rd party uninsured motorist perhaps.

See my post from 3 hours ago, about 4 up from this.

I know it is easy to reply to a post without looking further on to see that the poster has replied to himself/other posters in between. Cheers.

Edited by KannikaP

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

See my post from 3 hours ago, about 4 up from this.

I know it is easy to reply to a post without looking further on to see that the poster has replied to himself/other posters in between. Cheers.

Sorry I missed that post must have read past it.  my Apologies.