Private sector proposes "Bangkok Sandbox" model

webfact

Perhaps the easiest would be a Thailand sandbox model... Will be interesting to watch what will happen if Covid is ignored more and more. But Covids days are over. The main season is coming and also the 120 days grace period is over pretty soon. Hopefully it understands this. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s private sector is proposing a "Bangkok Sandbox" model, hoping for the re-opening of businesses, but with customers limited to vaccinated people

So all the un-vaccinated locals will have to move-out... or is it like Phuket, 100% vaccinated and multi tested tourists in and at best 70% vaccinated locals, who continue to spread infections?

Discounting of course domestic travel into Bangkok, will they have road blocks on every point of entry?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Come off it guys, all this Sandbox thingy is a big farce, i have just completed one in Phuket, and there is no way you can control the coming and going of sandbox people in Bkk, you want tourists? only fully vaccinated one with a 72 hours PCR test prior to boarding and hope and pray that all will be well, all the rest are just silly games and huge load of work on Thai embassies and consulates around the world as well as the would be tourists...

A big spanner has just gone into the works in the form of fake covid vaccination certs which are being sold on the dark web in Europe . Also in the UK the government are reviewing contracts with 85 companies who are providing pcr covid testing for 72 hour pre-flight travellers . Apparently many are not conforming within the guidelines . Also the suppliers of the fake certs are even managing to get you into the computerised registered NHS system . So where will this end up ? Maybe drop the proof of vaccinations and take our chances knowing that we have some protection if vaccinated and sod the circumstances for the unvaccinated ?   Or maybe there could be blood test checks by way of a finger <deleted> as per diabetes test  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

A big spanner has just gone into the works in the form of fake covid vaccination certs which are being sold on the dark web in Europe . Also in the UK the government are reviewing contracts with 85 companies who are providing pcr covid testing for 72 hour pre-flight travellers . Apparently many are not conforming within the guidelines . Also the suppliers of the fake certs are even managing to get you into the computerised registered NHS system . So where will this end up ? Maybe drop the proof of vaccinations and take our chances knowing that we have some protection if vaccinated and sod the circumstances for the unvaccinated ?   Or maybe there could be blood test checks by way of a finger <deleted> as per diabetes test  ?

And do you really think that Somchai Enterprise Inc Co Ltd (2021 ) , is not already getting the print presses warmed up, and their App developer working 24/7..

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Does that include Thais?

Can you please explain how they can be seen as customers in their own country? It´s tourism they are talking about. Since when did a citizen become a tourist? ????

Don´t take me wrong. I am all for your idea. ???? 

• Confused 1

It's hard to visualize how Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, and other mainland areas can be "sandbox"-isolated like an island, without making a hard border around the places, and a hard border might be quite impossible to establish.

The cost of a 4th wave of Covid-19 compared to waiting the two, or three, more month until the whole nation reach herd immunity - other articles today repeats the availability of 100 million doses vaccine before year end, and it's a fact that vaccination protects people and limits spread of infection - I my opinion it might be both a more economoc safe solution, and eventual prevent deaths, to just wait a few more months.

I don't have the impression that foreign tourists at the moment are queue up outside Thailand to get in, when looking at facts from Phuket's sandbox.

But that's just an opinion...????

20 hours ago, khunPer said:

It's hard to visualize how Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, and other mainland areas can be "sandbox"-isolated like an island, without making a hard border around the places, and a hard border might be quite impossible to establish.

The cost of a 4th wave of Covid-19 compared to waiting the two, or three, more month until the whole nation reach herd immunity - other articles today repeats the availability of 100 million doses vaccine before year end, and it's a fact that vaccination protects people and limits spread of infection - I my opinion it might be both a more economoc safe solution, and eventual prevent deaths, to just wait a few more months.

I don't have the impression that foreign tourists at the moment are queue up outside Thailand to get in, when looking at facts from Phuket's sandbox.

But that's just an opinion...????

Easy----Ropes do not apply to chinese tourists--only falang

See the source image

• Haha 1