Dining-in Proposed for Eateries

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

When were they phased out... I have a vague recollection of my parents having one of those?

I have all my old passports back in the UK  (sad hoarder of all paperwork), but  I'm only guessing at the end of the 80's would have been the time ours ran out and then the style changed in 1993 which I assume ended the use of marriage passports.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

The worry is It's simply the thin end of the wedge.. hurtling towards a Chinese "credit" system where for example you can't get on a train if you have voiced "incorrect" views on something  your opinion earns demerit points..try to buy a train ticket denied !!!

that is a scary dystopian future I for one don't wish to see or live under.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/01/china-bans-23m-discredited-citizens-from-buying-travel-tickets-social-credit-system

I think thats the worry of a lot of people who read George Orwell’s 1984. 

There is a major fear of this dystopian future, giving up our individual rights, right to bear arms etc etc

But there is also a bigger picture, we need to have some form of balance. 

IMO restaurants Proving vaccination status is a good thing. I won’t mind that. But others who don’t want to be vaccinated will hate it of course. 

There is also the issue of those ‘unable’ to get vaccinated (for medial reasons) who would become unfairly discriminated against. 

Any such system needs any ‘clumsy edges’ removed, especially with regards to those who have been vaccinated outside of the Thai system. 

IF people do not wish to be vaccinated or do not wish to present a QR Code when going into a restaurant thats their choice.

Ultimately, while the subject raises valid points, the reality will be different, as others have said - this is all hot-air..... Pretty much like every other similar announcement.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is a major fear of this dystopian future, giving up our individual rights, right to bear arms etc etc

IMO restaurants Proving vaccination status is a good thing. I won’t mind that. But others who don’t want to be vaccinated will hate it of course. 

There is also the issue of those ‘unable’ to get vaccinated (for medial reasons) who would become unfairly discriminated against. 

Any such system needs any ‘clumsy edges’ removed, especially with regards to those who have been vaccinated outside of the Thai system. 

IF people do not wish to be vaccinated or do not wish to present a QR Code when going into a restaurant thats their choice.

Ultimately, while the subject raises valid points, the reality will be different, as others have said - this is all hot-air..... Pretty much like every other similar announcement.

This will be completely ignored by all but the big chain restaurants, who can afford to turn away paying customers.... Most restaurants don't have the will or the time to be vax police... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The 'clumsy edges' will likely be filed down by the usual lack of enforcement and side-stepping of the literal interpretation of the rules.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:29 PM, couchpotato said:

Yes but you don't need it, or your passport info for the app.

Just your vaccination code from the paper given to you.

All the your data is on record and the app links to that.

Actually I am very impressed with it.

I will be nice and add the procedure for you.. thank u.

Sorry about the order..start at Part #1 and good luck.

E9ixWH1UYAIV9ai.jpg

E9ixWGXUUAUqLCp.jpg

E9ixWFlVcAkxPNQ.jpg

E9ixWFlVcAUbKMW.jpg

Thanks, finally got my ID number, your instructions helped a lot.