What is the Secret to Happiness?

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

Given the level of negativity from such posters, it seems to me that misogyny is not the route to happiness that was earlier implicit in this thread.

I am sticking with Ivor Cutler

The best thing about being dead is you no longer have to say 'I wish I were dead.'
The best thing about being alive is that you can still say 'I wish I were dead' - Author: Ivor Cutler

I know something that does NOT increase Happyness: Something we take for granted until it's gone!

A fine example: 5 years ago, I decided that Thailand is "no country for old Farang men". So went back to home-country. Being sure, that I could visit Thailand 2 to 3 times a year. Before COVID, I actually did.     No more.     Boy, do I miss Thailand.
This has decreased my level of overall "happyness" a great deal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

You are right that the unfulfilled female gender is a major source of unhappiness in the world now, an unfulfillment and unhappiness that can only grow as 45 and 55 year old women realise they will die alone, as 20 and 30 year old feminists propagate the live-alone and never marry option. And of course this unhappiness will not be blamed on feminists, but on men. To say nothing of the unhappiness this causes to men, witness the incel movement and rampages by men who are denied any mating access whatsoever.               

I look at it from a different point of view. IMO women don't need men as much as men need women. They have normally known that they'd end up alone as men die younger than women and usually older when they marry. My grandmother lived many years after my grandfather died, so just living alone isn't IMO as big a threat to them as to men.

Women have better support among other women than single men have from other men.

In countries like Japan and Singapore, where women have well paid careers, apparently they are rejecting marriage and children in growing numbers. Lets face it, a woman generally has no problem attracting a man for a short term relationship without financial disadvantage, if that is what they desire, while men have a much harder task to achieve similar and usually have to finance the entire endeavor.

I fundamentally disagree that single women are unfulfilled, and IMO they are just fine without men. Men however, as I discovered by working in a male only environment for 8 months are unfulfilled without women.

Clever women go into well paid influential occupations, like media, law, or politics, leaving men to do the dog work where they have zero influence on society.

Seems to me that the only salvation for men will be sexbots, but IMO women will do everything they can to ban them, as it threatens the strangest hold women have over men, the power of sex, whether to give or with hold. The law has removed any expectation of sexual gratification in marriage, as it's now rape to have sex with an unwilling wife, and even just living together is now regarded the same as being married, so the rejected female partner still ends up with the house and the man's money.

Even Thailand has the dead hand of militant feminism creeping in, as in when Thai nurses objected to a farang bar that featured girls dressed as sexy nurses.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I look at it from a different point of view. IMO women don't need men as much as men need women. They have normally known that they'd end up alone as men die younger than women and usually older when they marry. My grandmother lived many years after my grandfather died, so just living alone isn't IMO as big a threat to them as to men.

Women have better support among other women than single men have from other men.

In countries like Japan and Singapore, where women have well paid careers, apparently they are rejecting marriage and children in growing numbers. Lets face it, a woman generally has no problem attracting a man for a short term relationship without financial disadvantage, if that is what they desire, while men have a much harder task to achieve similar and usually have to finance the entire endeavor.

I fundamentally disagree that single women are unfulfilled, and IMO they are just fine without men. Men however, as I discovered by working in a male only environment for 8 months are unfulfilled without women.

Clever women go into well paid influential occupations, like media, law, or politics, leaving men to do the dog work where they have zero influence on society.

Seems to me that the only salvation for men will be sexbots, but IMO women will do everything they can to ban them, as it threatens the strangest hold women have over men, the power of sex, whether to give or with hold. The law has removed any expectation of sexual gratification in marriage, as it's now rape to have sex with an unwilling wife, and even just living together is now regarded the same as being married, so the rejected female partner still ends up with the house and the man's money.

Even Thailand has the dead hand of militant feminism creeping in, as in when Thai nurses objected to a farang bar that featured girls dressed as sexy nurses.

Women talk

Men drink, eat and need sex

Women happy to play with pot plants and curtains

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Fundamentally it is correct that women do not need men as much as men need women. This is obvious alone from the overwhelmingly stronger need for sex in men, and the fact that women do most of the housework (still, despite feminism, in the West too). And yes, of course in the much later years, the 70s generally, they spend a few years alone as men die a little earlier. It's also very true that in Asia now there is a trend for some women to live alone, South Korea is another example where feminists are opting out of dating and pair bonding and just want to live alone. And yes, certainly, even mediocre women are like rock stars and can have sex on tap easily.

However, women are not fine without men. Every human being wants fulfillment, and every human being wants a connection with the opposite sex, unless they have some psychological issues which most don't have. Whilst the single feminist sitting in her 35 sqm shoe box apartment may tell herself that life is wonderful in the city without the supervision of her strict parents this only lasts a few years. When they turn 40, 50 and 60 they realise they will die alone as at that age, after they hit the wall, they can no longer date so easily and generally realise they will die alone, or the likelihood of that is very great. That is when the desperation, man-hating, anger and bitterness set in. And there is nothing as unhappy, nasty and bitter as a woman who knows she will die alone and no man wants her anymore. You can see that in the West, where middle aged women so openly hate men that "what's wrong with men", "men are pigs" has become a stereotype. Because they want to debase what they cannot have, yet crave. To feel better.

You are also right about women entering the media, politics and the law in greater numbers now. However, curiously in law for instance they very rarely achieve the top echelons of partnership, it is still men who become partners more often. No doubt child rearing is still an obstacle and problem for women.  Of course this does not mean there are no female partners, there are and many are feminist to the core and  have taken active roles in reshaping criminal law, family and even corporate law in favour of women.

Some intellectually more capable women, who are also feminists, however realise the gender war is a war they can not win, and want no part of it. Just read Mary Harrington. She knows an all out gender war would be a disaster for women

https://unherd.com/2021/05/nobody-wins-the-gender-wars/

It is slowly dawning on the older women that they need men. Witness how Bardot, Deneuve etc slammed the Me-too movement. They know.

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

EAT, DRINK, MAN, WOMAN....

Eat Pray Love ( Julia Roberts movie )

When get bored with married life just dump partner, move to Bali Thailand and a sexy rich Chinese Thai superstar ( not a bargirl of course ) will be just waiting for YOU to turn up and live happily ever after with.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 473geo said:

The secret to happiness:

Having the ability to take a step back, observe reappraise.

Willing to Learn, adopt and have great range of flexibility is happiness. 

Living the dream is hopefully different from a 20 year old young man, but some still chasing lost youth, and will do it until the end. If that is happiness be it, and if being a wannabe biker with wannabe harley, and chasing the hollywood biker rockn roll style on budget, then it is a personal choice and hopefully give them happiness to. 

• Like 1