Phuket marks 169 new daily infections

webfact

1629999091_1-org.jpg

Image: PPHO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 169 new local infections across the island yesterday (Aug 26), bringing the total number of people recognised as infected with COVID-19 in Phuket since Apr 3 to 3,239.

The PPHO report, marked as accurate as of 10:40pm last night, also marked one new case of a Phuket Sandbox tourist being confirmed as infected.

The report marked no new deaths attributed to COVID-19, leaving  the total number of deaths in Phuket attributed to COVID-19 since Apr 3 at 18.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-169-new-daily-infections-81195.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-27

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 169 new local infections across the island yesterday (Aug 26), bringing the total number of people recognised as infected with COVID-19 in Phuket since Apr 3 to 3,239

But the sandbox scheme will continue as normal.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

On a pro-rata basis, the infection rate per head in Phuket is now a lot worse than it is for Thailand as a whole (42/100K vs. 27/100K). Given the level of vaccination in the local population, and the strict controls the governor has introduced regarding entry to the island since the sandbox started, I'd really like to know how and why this has happened. Has the CCSA, DDC or Laurel & Hardy (aka Prayut & Anutin) got an explanation?

https://www.thephuketnews.com/officials-change-definition-of-population-of-phuket-claim-island-74-vaccinated-80369.php

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220856-phuket-slashes-resident-population-by-130-000-for-sandbox/

Edited by JimmyJ

OK and there goes sandbox.

The Phuket Sandbox may be suspended or closed if there is an outbreak of Covid-19 in Phuket. The outbreak is defined as the situation if any of the following happens:

More than 90 new cases per week

Infections are found in more than 3 districts, 6 sub-districts

There are more than 3 cluster outbreaks

The hospital bed capacity exceeds 80%

New variants spread to an uncontrollable level

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

OK and there goes sandbox.

The Phuket Sandbox may be suspended or closed if there is an outbreak of Covid-19 in Phuket. The outbreak is defined as the situation if any of the following happens:

More than 90 new cases per week

Infections are found in more than 3 districts, 6 sub-districts

There are more than 3 cluster outbreaks

The hospital bed capacity exceeds 80%

New variants spread to an uncontrollable level

This is history already. The reality didn't care about these restrictions. So they were removed - not the sandbox. 

"No longer are the criteria set out in announcing the “response” plan” and consideration for introducing stricter measures or even suspending the Phuket Sandbox scheme the same as those originally announced.

The 90 infections in one week requirement has been removed, the issue of infections in three districts and infections in at least six subdistricts have also been removed.

Also removed is the 80% hospital bed occupancy limit."

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-phuket-order-revises-conditions-for-suspending-sandbox-scheme-81132.php

• Like 1

My cousin just got back into Thailand. He was allowed to land in Bangkok and travel to

Pattaya to a quarantine hotel there. Since he lives in Pattaya, it is convenient as his wife

will be able to talk with him and see him in the window of his hotel, for his 14 day quarantine.

He is happy that he did not have to go via Phuket to Thailand.  I am glad that I am not so

desperate to return to Thailand that I have to go to some quarantine hotel anywhere in the country.

Just get your selves vaccinated, and when your numbers are up to 75 percent, I will take my chances

on the country.

Geezer

20 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

This is history already. The reality didn't care about these restrictions. So they were removed - not the sandbox. 

"No longer are the criteria set out in announcing the “response” plan” and consideration for introducing stricter measures or even suspending the Phuket Sandbox scheme the same as those originally announced.

The 90 infections in one week requirement has been removed, the issue of infections in three districts and infections in at least six subdistricts have also been removed.

Also removed is the 80% hospital bed occupancy limit."

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-phuket-order-revises-conditions-for-suspending-sandbox-scheme-81132.php

Amazing. Thanx for letting me know with that link.

Sandbox had its rules, so now it is just sandbox 2.0. I red all of the link you send and conclude there is a sandbox 2.0. Way more flexible for authorities to pin you down.

Of course they want you to come and pay. They even accepted Sputnik now. Which is not on the WHO UEL. It is now possible for authorities to revoke your movements. They can order you to stay in the hotel and you cant go out, a semi ASQ/ALQ.

Fact is they cant and dont control local infections, as infection number rises and is not related to foreigners. Foreigners coming in on sandbox are vaccinated and tested when coming in.

Authorities failed on local control of infections and foreigners are to blame.

That is what they stated with adjustments in the sandbox. 

Sandbox as it was, is dead. For economic reasons, brought in on a nice way, but they keep it open in name now, however the rules are changed, completely different.

They can come up with any reason to hold you down and you are stuck. Completely out of sandbox idea.

Amazing they tell for safety reasons (due to Swiz murder) you have to call in everyday at your hotel.

I already understood in "normal sandbox" situation you had to do that, just to see if you are still on the island.

One foreigner abandoned sandbox and went off after just 9 days and is now to be prosecuted.

Despite, in sandbox, you already need to install a tracker device on your phone, as most people carry a phone with them. I rarely carry that thing with me.

• Confused 2

On 8/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, Guderian said:

On a pro-rata basis, the infection rate per head in Phuket is now a lot worse than it is for Thailand as a whole (42/100K vs. 27/100K). Given the level of vaccination in the local population, and the strict controls the governor has introduced regarding entry to the island since the sandbox started, I'd really like to know how and why this has happened. Has the CCSA, DDC or Laurel & Hardy (aka Prayut & Anutin) got an explanation?

Sure...  There's an explanation.  They actually test people in Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1